Bobbywoodhogan

*Official* Pedro to Chelsea

1 hour ago, evissy said:

He is a very good and vastly underrated player. We will absolutely miss his quality when he is gone. He is also a pro. Doesn't moan or throw tantrums and by all the stories he trains very hard and sets a good example for the younger players.

We might well see a void of experienced players here if Willian and Giroud move on as well.

This is my concern, part of the problem we have though is that with the bringing through of the kids most of our old pro's are very much in the twilight of their careers so will probably move on, meaning we have very few of the "seasoned" pro's but still at their peak to offer the leadership/ mentality side of things

PEDRO CORRECTS REPORTING OF CONTRACT SITUATION AND TALKS ABOUT AIDING CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE IN SPAIN

Our winger, who was born in Tenerife in the Canary Islands and spent his professional career at Barcelona before his move to London in 2015, currently has his foundation working to supply hospitals in several locations with vital equipment.

It is an effort he discussed with Spanish media yesterday which led to an inaccurate translation of an answer he gave about his situation at Chelsea, with him quoted as saying he is ‘terminating’ his contract with the club.

Speaking today to the official Chelsea website, it is a mistranslation Pedro is keen to correct.

‘As many people know, my contract is up in May,’ he says, ‘but I still haven't spoken to the club about whether or not it will be renewed and whether I'll carry on.

‘I've seen loads of messages from Chelsea fans saying goodbye and thanking me for the time I've spent here, which I appreciate, but I'd like to tell all the fans simply that my current contract is coming to an end but I still have to talk to the club.

‘I don't know whether I'll keep playing here or not. That conversation is still to come. But I have not signed for any other club. I belong to Chelsea. I have a contract. My wish is to be able to stay here but obviously we don't know what will happen. I have to speak to the club and let's see what happens.’

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/03/26/pedro-corrects-reporting-of-contract-situation-and-talks-about-a

Did the right think for himself, I'm pretty sure he still will be a good player for La Liga's teams. 

Most thing I like about him is he never stops work for the team, had some fantastic moments with us, overall he has been good for the club and I'm happy with what he gave us.

I've loved Pedro in his time with us.
Always worked hard for the team, never moans, plays most of the time with a smile on his face, don't hear him being a twat away from football.
All in all a top pro, and i would have him over Willian all day long.
If he goes this summer (which does seem likely) i wish him all the best, and will remember him fondly.

2 hours ago, chelseablueboy said:

I've loved Pedro in his time with us.
Always worked hard for the team, never moans, plays most of the time with a smile on his face, don't hear him being a twat away from football.
All in all a top pro, and i would have him over Willian all day long.
If he goes this summer (which does seem likely) i wish him all the best, and will remember him fondly.

I like your post and think for attitude Pedro beats Willian all day long yet Willian has those moments when he looks the best in the world at going around a player and then once in five (guess) opportunities it comes to something.  

I would like to think Pedro has been great with the youngsters yet don't hear any backroom chat.