Tammy Abraham

Nibs

14 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I agree with people who are saying that Abraham isn’t good enough to be the main striker, he quite clearly isn’t.

But with Giroud gone, is it really a good idea to sell Abraham? Unless we sign a striker.

With a new striker, we’d have the new man as main striker, Werner back up, then Broja. There’s also Havertz if needed, it’s a great variety to play with tactically.

I don’t think there is any room for Abraham sadly, Tuchel clearly doesn’t rate him.

May i know who is that new main striker? 

Finding st that is better than tammy is not as easy as most people here think unless we are talking about spending crazy money. 

Edited by Bob stark

1 minute ago, Bob stark said:

Finding st that is better than tammy is not as easy as most people here think. 

With the way we play I believe Broja will be better for us.

In the right team there is no doubt for me Tammy would score 20 league goals in a season though. Somewhere like say Leicester or Everton.

27 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Finding st that is better than tammy is not as easy as most people here think unless we are talking about spending crazy money. 

Time will tell but i think we already have one on the books, certainly in the context to TT's system.

13 hours ago, axman2526 said:

With the way we play I believe Broja will be better for us.

In the right team there is no doubt for me Tammy would score 20 league goals in a season though. Somewhere like say Leicester or Everton.

13 hours ago, Argo said:

Time will tell but i think we already have one on the books, certainly in the context to TT's system.

Both of you kinda say the same thing. 

May I know what Tuchel want from his cf? 

22 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Above all I think he wants work ethic, constant pressuring of the opposition. I think Tammy's problem is he does not work as hard as TT wants.

Its a bit unfair to say Tammy doesnt work hard, im sure he does.

The issue with Tammy for me is that he just isnt good with the ball and poor technically. He can finish some chances, but watching him trying to dribble is hilarious

He is a good poacher with undeniable striker's instincts, but find him lacking in too many aspects.

- He's not physically robust. He barely wins a header and gets bullied off the ball easily. The other way around, he can't harass the ball playing defender.

- His first touch and his hold up play aren't very good. His ball distribution is on and off. When he manages to redistribute the ball with his back to goal he most likely loses his balance in the process and is unavailable for the rest of the attack, until he has caught up.

- He can't dribble past opponents nor can he sprint past them. Even when running without the ball he won't always beat defenders to over the top passes.

- Most significantly for me, his mindset is off. I think he is a hard worker, but struggles to deal with frustrations. He's a typical blamethrower, throwing his arms in the air at every single missed attempt of his teammates, pointing out how completely free he was - albeit 5 frames after the actual chance.

It would be correct to point out that some of these could be said about Werner as well. In fact, against smaller (e.g. bus parking) teams I personally prefer Tammy. Werner is a counter attack striker exclusively, his assets being completely useless against low blocks (apart from being able to win penalties).

Yet I believe at Chelsea we need to ask ourselves this with regards to our players: Does he offer something exceptional to the team in specific matches? And Werner does. The teams that actually want to play football simply don't now how to deal with his pressing, his vision, runs and pace, his ability to either finish himself (big room for improvement in the execution) or assist. He has bean an asset against top teams all year and will continue to be in the future.

Tammy however is not an exceptional asset even against low blocks. If we find him with a hard low ball in the box he will convert (and thereby accumulate good numbers). In other words, if the team manages to break the opponent down, he'll help us win. But he won't help the team to break the opponent down. And that's exactly what we need to achieve a better point average against lower half teams.

I would love if Tammy proves me wrong, but if I was presented with a 40m pound offer for him I'd definitely take it.

So long as the club tempur expectations this season Tammy is fine enough as a back up.

2 months of no Mendy kills our title chances, Haaland or not Haaland.

If we are aiming to try and retain the CL we need a much better forwards than Tammy and Ziyech.

Neat finish on the goal but he's not excactly clinical either.

And I keep getting surprised about how often he falls over when he's got someone close to him. He's a big striker who's played in English football his whole life but he's just so easily shrugged off by defenders. Havertz was the same when he first arrived but inside six months he had turned that around and been more than fine against big CBs. So its a bit weird to me that Tammy can't seem to do much about his lack of physicality in the middle.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Neat finish on the goal but he's not excactly clinical either.

And I keep getting surprised about how often he falls over when he's got someone close to him. He's a big striker who's played in English football his whole life but he's just so easily shrugged off by defenders. Havertz was the same when he first arrived but inside six months he had turned that around and been more than fine against big CBs. So its a bit weird to me that Tammy can't seem to do much about his lack of physicality in the middle.

He plays like a regular sized striker and doesn't use his height at all, if only he had that Peter Crouch jamminess of being able to compete in the air purely by being tall then he could make it here.

Thought he would be gone by now after all the rumors last week, now since we aren't getting the marquee striker we been hoping for, contend for him to stay for another year if he's willing. He is capable to score 12-15 league goals a season, even the majority are against lower teams I wouldn't mind. Some of those games against teams in the bottom, we just need a guy in the box who could stick a few in, and currently nobody is doing that. Even if he's leaving next season, we'd still get 20-25M out of him if he has a good season, and by that time we could revisit the Haaland drama again