Tammy Abraham

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Basically every point Plokoon just made would have applied to KdB 5 years ago yet you still won't admit the club were wrong about him :ohmy:

Exactly we must be patient with the likes of RLC,Abraham,Musonda etc they will take their time .We made similar mistakes with KDB,Salah and Lukaku in the past and with Nathan Ake and Chalobah in the recent times. 

If we end up selling these players and they become world class in the future  we all will be moaning.

Edited by DG19

1 hour ago, DG19 said:

Exactly we must be patient with the likes of RLC,Abraham,Musonda etc they will take their time .We made similar mistakes with KDB,Salah and Lukaku in the past and with Nathan Ake and Chalobah in the recent times. 

If we end up selling these players and they become world class in the future  we all will be moaning.

So we have to keep every young player on the off chance? CHO, Mount and Amps impress me more than Musonda, Boga, Ruben ever did.

I'm really tired of the 'but what about -insert former youth player whose career trajectory fits a particular opinion' arguments. They can work either way, it's a completely meaningless and useless generalisation.

Here's the thing:

- The vast, vast majority of young players aren't going to be anywhere near the required standard for a top side;

- Every world class player in the history of the sport was, at some point, a young player.

How can we derive a 'we should/shouldn't give this specific player a chance' argument based on that? It's based on nothing.

9 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

I'm really tired of the 'but what about -insert former youth player whose career trajectory fits a particular opinion' arguments. They can work either way, it's a completely meaningless and useless generalisation.

Here's the thing:

- The vast, vast majority of young players aren't going to be anywhere near the required standard for a top side;

- Every world class player in the history of the sport was, at some point, a young player.

How can we derive a 'we should/shouldn't give this specific player a chance' argument based on that? It's based on nothing.

As you say there's no rhyme or reason to it. In my school team it was in the 70's but it still stands we had a centre forward who was outstanding he had it all he got released by Tottenham along with Kerry Dixon he ended up playing for Hendon. Another lad in the team he was a good solid player made over 150 appearances for Wimbledon playing in the same team as Wise. Jones. Fash etc.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

What do we think about his first season of senior football?

8 goals in total, only 5 in the league though. That being said, he's still Swansea's 2nd highest scorer this season, behind Ayew who has 11 (7 in league), and Swansea have been very poor going forward all season, creating very little.

I'd say I think he needs another year on loan, at a side that will create more chances. I think he's still a long way from being Chelsea quality.

2 minutes ago, Zeta said:

8 goals in total, only 5 in the league though. That being said, he's still Swansea's 2nd highest scorer this season, behind Ayew who has 11 (7 in league), and Swansea have been very poor going forward all season, creating very little.

I'd say I think he needs another year on loan, at a side that will create more chances. I think he's still a long way from being Chelsea quality.

Agree, I think he would benefit from another season in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I think he's been poor. The service to him has been really bad, but he fully relies on it, he can't seem to do anything for himself. This season will be good experience for him, but he's got a long long way to go before being anywhere near ready for us. 

13 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I think he's been poor. The service to him has been really bad, but he fully relies on it, he can't seem to do anything for himself. This season will be good experience for him, but he's got a long long way to go before being anywhere near ready for us. 

Really hoped he would come good and obviously he still could, but when ever I've seen him in last couple of years whether for England, Swansea or Bristol city all be it only on TV, I just don't rate him, and I really am willing him to do well, I just think the level Chelsea expect their strikers to be will be to much for him, hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

On 08/05/2017 at 15:38, RIP Mourinho said:

Fox in the box. Similar to what Chicharito was like at Utd, waiting for something to fall to him. Personally don't think he'll ever lead the line for Chelsea but i'll be happy to be proven wrong. 

My opinion is unchanged. Relies on service too much. Doubt we'll see him back at Chelsea unless he manages to improve other aspects of his game.

13 hours ago, Zeta said:

Conte might still be a big fan of his, in which case I think it's worth giving him a go regardless of his performance at Swansea. 

Otherwise we should really be looking to sell him, not loan him out yet again. 

Keep him. It's just too unpredictable these days which side will do well in the Prem. 

Would we have thought Stoke, Southampton and Swansea would be in the relegation dog-fight all season?

And Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth looking the better teams?

Giroud, Morata and Abraham would be decent next season, as long as some quality goalscoring attacking midfielders / midfielders are added.

(Ps. Giroud joining Arsenal was probably a hindrance to his career. If he was at a club who crossed the ball into the area a lot more, he may really have shone a lot brighter than he has in the Prem.)

We seem to be producing good youth striker after good youth striker. Solanke, Tammy and now Redan. So far the former two have been okay, nothing special yet. Redan looks the business now, but again, he is 17. Redan so far as scored 19, got 4 assists, and this is in 28 apps. He has 17 goals in 20 apps at international level for the Netherlands u17's. We seem to get it right with buying these young talents up top. 

Edited by enigma
9 minutes ago, enigma said:

We seem to be producing good youth striker after good youth striker. Solanke, Tammy and now Redan. So far the former two have been okay, nothing special yet. Redan looks the business now, but again, he is 17. Redan so far as scored 19, got 4 assists, and this is in 28 apps. He has 17 goals in 20 apps at international level for the Netherlands u17's. We seem to get it right with buying these young talents up top. 

Seems Redan should be in line for a cap for Netherlands soon

• 3 months later...

1 minute ago, enigma said:

Makes you wonder what Spurs see that we don't. £25m for a third striker is odd. Spurs could have bought a better, more experienced foreign striker for that price tbh. 

I can kind of see their reasoning. Excellent prospect at youth level and had great season in the championship for a struggling side. He's also still only 20. Plus they only have Kane, with Llorente as back-up who they were supposedly looking to offload in the summer. Tammy could have had a realistic chance of being their 2nd choice striker. Plus Spurs seem to like giving youth British talent a chance. 

28 minutes ago, enigma said:

Makes you wonder what Spurs see that we don't. £25m for a third striker is odd. Spurs could have bought a better, more experienced foreign striker for that price tbh. 

Why do you say we dont see it also?

Plus, his real name is Kevin, thats the important thing to take away from all this.

3 hours ago, enigma said:

What don't you see? He dominated grown men as a 19-year-old and was league average on a bad Swansea team that didn't attack.

He's a brilliant talent and Spurs obviously see a lot of potential there.