Nibs

Tammy Abraham

19 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Was successful at pretty much every other club he’s been at, even Chelsea. Valencia ain’t exactly pulling up trees this year. Tammy was sh*te at Swansea with his goal return, yet people wanna give him a chance?

His goal return wasn't good but Tammy wasn't sh*te - he was handicapped by playing in a poor team and also suffered injuries.

I would love us to call Abraham back in January and rotate his with Giroud and find some mugs to take Morata of our hands. Tammy or Batshuayi, I really don't care to be honest but the thought of going the rest of the season with just Morata and Giroud is enough to make any Chelsea supporter clinically depressed. When folk are even suggesting Moses as a back-up striker, you know things have reached critical levels :sad:  

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

His goal return wasn't good but Tammy wasn't sh*te - he was handicapped by playing in a poor team and also suffered injuries.

I would love us to call Abraham back in January and rotate his with Giroud and find some mugs to take Morata of our hands. Tammy or Batshuayi, I really don't care to be honest but the thought of going the rest of the season with just Morata and Giroud is enough to make any Chelsea supporter clinically depressed. When folk are even suggesting Moses as a back-up striker, you know things have reached critical levels :sad:  

We could try Luiz at Centre Forward. We have tried him everywhere else. And if he can lose defenders as regularly as he loses strikers, it might work out.

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

Can we do that under the terms of the loan though? I think it is a season long loan. Otherwise I agree it should be a no-brainer.

29 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Can we do that under the terms of the loan though? I think it is a season long loan. Otherwise I agree it should be a no-brainer.

They usually are season long loans (sometimes two), but I have heard we can recall Tammy in January if we want and right now I WANT!!

On 06/12/2018 at 16:20, Nibs said:

They usually are season long loans (sometimes two), but I have heard we can recall Tammy in January if we want and right now I WANT!!

As long as it isn't a pointless recall like Ake's :sad:

Edited by Valerie

1 hour ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Why can't we just bring him back?

The guy can't stop scoring, another 2 goals vs QPR. We have Giroud injured, we have Morata who doesn't play. Let's give the spot to a young lad who is hungry to prove himself.

That makes to much sense, don't think the board think like that, why not blow 50 million on someone.

1 hour ago, IliyaKrostin said:

The guy can't stop scoring, another 2 goals vs QPR. We have Giroud injured, we have Morata who doesn't play. Let's give the spot to a young lad who is hungry to prove himself.

It would send out a good message to the academy too and also players who go out on loan that they will be rewarded with good form. There is talk that his loan may be terminated at Villa so he can to another prem club on loan. We could do with him more than some of those PL teams.

It makes me laugh, they say that teams like Wolves and Huddersfield need him because they need goals........so do we and he’s our player! Get him back now and give him a go, he can’t be any worse than Morata and Giroud can he?

2 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

It's very sad that Chelsea will never do this.

Harry Kane had some very uninspiring loan spells and is great proof of what can happen when you give someone a chance.

I would love to see him recalled and given a chance amidst the current striking situation but it's very sad Chelsea don't operate in this way.

Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

Apparently Abraham himself has asked Chelsea to trigger a clause in his contract to recall him this month as he wants to join a Premier League club for the remainder of the season.

14 goals in 19 appearances I think shows he has nothing to prove at Villa. Too good for the Championship.

Thing is, we could probably do with him ourselves! 

I mean...if we're not going to sign another striker...he's worth a try.

Genuinely...I don't think he can be less effective than Giroud or Morata.

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently Abraham himself has asked Chelsea to trigger a clause in his contract to recall him this month as he wants to join a Premier League club for the remainder of the season.

14 goals in 19 appearances I think shows he has nothing to prove at Villa. Too good for the Championship.

Thing is, we could probably do with him ourselves! 

Problem is he has been in this situation before I think;  where he made a move to a PL after storming the Championship and things didn’t work out well. He needs to go to a club with decent wingers. 

Huddersfield don’t have players to supply him, and Wolves already have Jimenez so he will be a backup. If it goes wrong again, he will end in the Championsohip in the summer again. Just stay put if we have no intentions of calling him back and playing him. Villa are a point of playoff positions, they just need to sort their leaky defence.

4 hours ago, ducavis said:

Problem is he has been in this situation before I think;  where he made a move to a PL after storming the Championship and things didn’t work out well. He needs to go to a club with decent wingers. 

Huddersfield don’t have players to supply him, and Wolves already have Jimenez so he will be a backup. If it goes wrong again, he will end in the Championsohip in the summer again. Just stay put if we have no intentions of calling him back and playing him. Villa are a point of playoff positions, they just need to sort their leaky defence.

Swansea move was bad because they were a poor side. They struggled to create goals and chances all season and Abraham was on a hiding to nothing playing there.

At least if he went to a team now, at the midway point of the season he can see how well a team is playing before going there so might have a bit more success.

I suppose he might think he’s got to prove he can score goals in the Premier League if he’s got aspirations of playing for Chelsea. Maybe he thinks if he has a good six months between now and the end of the season he could force himself into Sarri’s plans?

My recollection is that Abraham started last season very well at Swansea, and was unfortunate that they signed Bony (a fan favourite), who immediately displaced him as soon as he returned to fitness. 

He also finished last season with 7 goals, despite starting fewer than half their games, and in a remarkably poor attacking side. 

I can't imagine he'd have a shortage of suitors if he were to look for a Premier League loan; there are countless sides who are crying out for a decent centre-forward: Huddersfield, Southampton, Palace, Cardiff, arguably Everton and Wolves, even ourselves!

6 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

My recollection is that Abraham started last season very well at Swansea, and was unfortunate that they signed Bony (a fan favourite), who immediately displaced him as soon as he returned to fitness. 

He also finished last season with 7 goals, despite starting fewer than half their games, and in a remarkably poor attacking side. 

I can't imagine he'd have a shortage of suitors if he were to look for a Premier League loan; there are countless sides who are crying out for a decent centre-forward: Huddersfield, Southampton, Palace, Cardiff, arguably Everton and Wolves, even ourselves!

Supply line is key for any team he moves to. Huddersfield will be a bad move, Pritchard is their most creative player. Southampton have Redmond who is OK, but are they going to start Abraham ahead of Ings who has 7 league goals? Cardiff don’t have a decent forward but the only half decent creativity will be from Holiett so a NO for me. Unless Marco Silva is going to move Richarlison to the flanks alongside Bernard, he will stuck on the bench. Wolves won’t be the smartest move as Jimenez has been one of the best forwards in the league playing outside the top 4. Palace looks the best bet with Zaha, Townsend, Mayer & Milojevic behind him. 

Id be reluctant to take him back but scoring 16 goals in 20 Championship games is a better record than what he had at Bristol at the same period of the season.

Hes on course to get about 25-30 goals, hes scored roughly 33% of Villas goals this year, we could do no worse than to at least give him a shot for 5 months.

Remember Sarri never wanted him to go on loan in the first place, it was Abrahams call to leave, if he wants a PL loan, we should just bring him back as Giroud is crocked and Morata is broken, we could do with a fella who just sits in the box looking for goals.

It might well be that he doesn't go on loan until the end of January, will be in our squad to cover for an injured Giroud. 

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

It might well be that he doesn't go on loan until the end of January, will be in our squad to cover for an injured Giroud. 

Is that allowed? I have some vague idea floating in my head that a player can only be registered/appear for two clubs per season. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Is that allowed? I have some vague idea floating in my head that a player can only be registered/appear for two clubs per season. 

It's 3 isn't it? Plus he's already been Registered for us at the start of the season I would think. 

Edited by dkw

Abraham didn't have a bad record at Swansea. Compare his stats then to Rashford's stats at that time and almost similar. Abraham always impresses me when I watch him. He is always hungry to score and never goes into hiding. 

From https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.

This does raise the question of whether he'd be allowed to appear on the bench but not actually play (presumably not), but that would be entirely pointless.