Nibs

Tammy Abraham

30 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

Latest news reports-

CHELSEA have accepted an £18million bid from Wolves for striker Tammy Abraham.

Hope there is a buy back clause. It would probably be a good move if that's the case.

16 hours ago, Diamondgeezer said:

It makes me laugh, they say that teams like Wolves and Huddersfield need him because they need goals........so do we and he’s our player! Get him back now and give him a go, he can’t be any worse than Morata and Giroud can he?

The Wolves that beat us without him any way, mainly because we couldn't finish them off due to our lack of quality firepower. Selling off the family silver whilst our own cupboards are virtually bare would be crazy....but not surprising I suspect.

I disagree with throwing Abraham into the first team, that’s a heck a lot of pressure for a really young player. If it was up to me, I’d loan him to a premier league team and let him get used to the league, and then have him back as a back up striker.

It looks like he’s leaving anyway.

57 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

Latest news reports-

CHELSEA have accepted an £18million bid from Wolves for striker Tammy Abraham.

WTF?

If this is true, it will be another one to add to the list of where our club has f**ked up. We have a habit of under-valuing our own talent and massively over-valuing "talent" we buy.

28 minutes ago, Nibs said:

WTF?

If this is true, it will be another one to add to the list of where our club has f**ked up. We have a habit of under-valuing our own talent and massively over-valuing "talent" we buy.

A sum that low would indicate that we have a buy back option though.

2 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

A sum that low would indicate that we have a buy back option though.

You would hope so but knowing our board we would end up buying him back for 60m in 2 years.

I don't want us to sell him, but Wolves would be an ideal team to loan him to.  Would only have to compete with Jimenez for playing time, unless I'm mistaken.

2 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I don't want us to sell him, but Wolves would be an ideal team to loan him to.  Would only have to compete with Jimenez for playing time, unless I'm mistaken.

I can see a loan happening and this would be a decent option to see if he can build on his success at Villa. I'm sure Wolves would love a permanent option but we would be crazy to agree to that after his last half season. 

16 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

This is a source I trust 

It's interesting to see how the tabloid reports have been going backwards:

12pm: CHELSEA ACCEPT SHOCK 18 MILLION BID FROM WOLVES!!

1pm: WOLVES BID 18 MILLION FOR CHELSEA STARLET!

2pm: Wolves set to bid 18 million for Chelsea's Abraham, maybe?

3pm: Wolves consider taking Abraham on loan but he might stay at Villa, who knows?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, forbzy said:

You would hope so but knowing our board we would end up buying him back for 60m in 2 years.

Just like we did once and has been a perpetuated meme ever since. Like the goals to knock us out of semi-finals. Miroslav Stoch gonna knock us out the CL.

Could be worse, could buy back our own player for 90 million, but no one gives a club sh*t for that.

Edited by Stim

Tammy Abraham is currently the top scorer in the Championship. Forgetting the loan for a minute, if he was actually a Villa player and a Premier League club came in for him you would be looking at 30m minimum with current player prices.

There is multiple reasons why only a loan should be considered and nothing else. He is only 21 and scoring for fun while we don't have a prolific striker. It would totally send out the wrong message to the academy lads, especially when we are crying out for a striker. Also £18m is peanuts for a player his caliber and potential. Even a buy back clause I don't want to hear about, because it emans that we are not willing to give him a chance ourselves. Hopefully the sale rumours are BS. Wolves would not be a bad move but he primarily would be behind Jimenez so would not be beneficial imo. Actually think Palace would be a good move for him but looks like they are getting Solanke. Watford maybe?

17 minutes ago, Stim said:

Off the top of your head, could you name last seasons championship top scorer?

Almost certainly one of the below:

David Nugent

Patrick Bamford

Glenn Murray

Rickie Lambert

Jordan Rhodes

Matej Vydra

Danny Graham

Ross McCormack

Sam Vokes

Geoff Horsfield

19 minutes ago, Stim said:

Off the top of your head, could you name last seasons championship top scorer?

Fair point. I would have guessed one of the Wolves players I think. However I don't think there was anybody prolific that stood out last season. This season you have Tammy with 16 already at the half way point. That is an impressive tally. Maupay at Brentford  (with 15) is attracting some interest from Premier League clubs too.

31 minutes ago, bluedave said:

It's interesting to see how the tabloid reports have been going backwards:

12pm: CHELSEA ACCEPT SHOCK 18 MILLION BID FROM WOLVES!!

1pm: WOLVES BID 18 MILLION FOR CHELSEA STARLET!

2pm: Wolves set to bid 18 million for Chelsea's Abraham, maybe?

3pm: Wolves consider taking Abraham on loan but he might stay at Villa, who knows?

Ha ha, shows what a sh*t show twitters and why people really should reign in the abuse they post when these ridiculous rumours surface. 

44 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

David Nugent

Patrick Bamford

Glenn Murray

Rickie Lambert

Jordan Rhodes

Matej Vydra

Danny Graham

Ross McCormack

Sam Vokes

Geoff Horsfield

Vokes plays for Burnley, and did last season, so it wasn't him.

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

David Nugent

Patrick Bamford

Glenn Murray

Rickie Lambert

Jordan Rhodes

Matej Vydra

Danny Graham

Ross McCormack

Sam Vokes

Geoff Horsfield