Nibs

Tammy Abraham

Yes but Morata did not show his hole potential, I hope he gets back and show more and about Giround I don't think with his age cant play 30-40 matches at highest level 

4 minutes ago, b.sinisa said:

Yes but Morata did not show his hole potential, I hope he gets back and show more and about Giround I don't think with his age cant play 30-40 matches at highest level 

Morata showed exactly the kind of player he was when here:  Soft and emotionally fragile.

31 minutes ago, b.sinisa said:

You might be the only Chelsea fan in the world that wants Morata to come back

Whenever I see anyone advocating for Giroud I do have to ask the question; where are the goals going to come from? We've lost Hazard who was our best goalscorer and our best creator, I don't think we can afford to play a player like Giroud who scores so infrequently. Think about it, of I believe 7 forwards (Pedro, Willian, Giroud, Michy, Tammy, CHO and Pulisic) 3 are very poor in that department. If we start Willian, Pulisic and Giroud. Who is going to score? Especially with Ruben injured and if we have a midfield 3 of Kovacic/Barkley, Jorginho and Kante. Who's going to score? Will we have to rely on Alonso for goals? I just can't see us scoring at all next season if we start Giroud, that's why I think our strikeforce at the beginning of the season must have Michy and Tammy as priority. And I would want our strike force when the season starts to be Tammy, Pulisic and Pedro

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

I agree. I could have given him a second chance but after his recent pining about how great AM is and how he was let down by the Chelsea fans, I definitely do not want him back. 

7 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I don't want him back but we don't have a lot of choice with the transfer ban and with only Tammy as a striker (because I don't think we can use Giroud for 30+ matches) Morata would be a good add in the team

6 hours ago, b.sinisa said:

I don't want him back but we don't have a lot of choice with the transfer ban and with only Tammy as a striker (because I don't think we can use Giroud for 30+ matches) Morata would be a good add in the team

You have seen what he says about his time here?, and how his team mates stopped passing to him, basically blaming everyone and everything accept himself. 

No thanks don't want him back, he has no team ethos.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, b.sinisa said:

We have Batshuayi as well, and honestly all 3 (Tammy, Giroud, Michy) will be better options than Morata, even with a striker by committee approach

And your direct quote was “I hope he gets back”, so that would indicate you want him back

Edited by mwblue10

Kinda hope he's in the squad purely because he actually wants to play for us... We have had so many talented strikers without the passion for the club so nice to see one whose desperate to play for us. 

19 hours ago, Desailly123 said:

Whenever I see anyone advocating for Giroud I do have to ask the question; where are the goals going to come from? We've lost Hazard who was our best goalscorer and our best creator, I don't think we can afford to play a player like Giroud who scores so infrequently. Think about it, of I believe 7 forwards (Pedro, Willian, Giroud, Michy, Tammy, CHO and Pulisic) 3 are very poor in that department. If we start Willian, Pulisic and Giroud. Who is going to score? Especially with Ruben injured and if we have a midfield 3 of Kovacic/Barkley, Jorginho and Kante. Who's going to score? Will we have to rely on Alonso for goals? I just can't see us scoring at all next season if we start Giroud, that's why I think our strikeforce at the beginning of the season must have Michy and Tammy as priority. And I would want our strike force when the season starts to be Tammy, Pulisic and Pedro

Whom do we have that scores more often than Giroud? (Premier League) Michy has 12 in 45, Tammy has 5 in 31 and Giroud has 78 goals in 220 appearances. Maybe age is catching up with him because he's absolutely been less effective with us than at Arsenal but that could also be down to playing mess often and with less continuity here. Honest question, did he start two PL matches in a row at any point this season? 

1 hour ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Whom do we have that scores more often than Giroud? (Premier League) Michy has 12 in 45, Tammy has 5 in 31 and Giroud has 78 goals in 220 appearances. Maybe age is catching up with him because he's absolutely been less effective with us than at Arsenal but that could also be down to playing mess often and with less continuity here. Honest question, did he start two PL matches in a row at any point this season? 

Stats can be very interesting; Tammy was 19 playing for the worst team in the league, Batshuayi has only played 1349 mins in the PL scoring a PL goal every 112 mins, and Giroud has played 12729 mins scoring a PL goal every 163mins.

As for if he has started consecutive PL games, he started as our 1st choice forward after the World Cup despite scoring Zero! goals. Started against Cardiff, West Ham, Southampton & Liverpool, and managed 3 assists against you guessed it; Cardiff & Southampton. Didn’t score a league goal till Nov, and his other league goal was in April against Brighton. His exploits against mostly a bunch of farmers in the Europa league masked how appalling he was in the league. You can’t seriously be suggesting an over the hill forward averaging a PL goal every 400+mins should start.

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

Stats can be very interesting; Tammy was 19 playing for the worst team in the league, Batshuayi has only played 1349 mins in the PL scoring a PL goal every 112 mins, and Giroud has played 12729 mins scoring a PL goal every 163mins.

As for if he has started consecutive PL games, he started as our 1st choice forward after the World Cup despite scoring Zero! goals. Started against Cardiff, West Ham, Southampton & Liverpool, and managed 3 assists against you guessed it; Cardiff & Southampton. Didn’t score a league goal till Nov, and his other league goal was in April against Brighton. His exploits against mostly a bunch of farmers in the Europa league masked how appalling he was in the league. You can’t seriously be suggesting an over the hill forward averaging a PL goal every 400+mins should start.

****Giroud has scored a PL goal every 400+ minutes or 163?

I'm asking the question who do we have that is proven to be better? We can find a reason to argue against all 3 of our options but at this point who is going to be the most reliable choice from day 1? It's not as if starting with Giroud means we have to stay with him as until April, he could even lose the job by August if one of the other 2 hit the ground running. Match 1 away against United should be Giroud starting as of right now

14 hours ago, b.sinisa said:

He is not suited to the Premier League physically, or psychologically.  He never, ever adapted to the way defenders played him, or the way referees called fouls.  He fell to the floor too easily, he threw his arms out looking for a call, and he received too many yellow cards for stupid arguing.  He never once figured out how to play.  

On top of that, he was highly critical of Chelsea teammates and supporters after he left.  Burning bridges with the supporters for the club that still owns you is poor judgement.

He's not welcome back.  

15 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

He is not suited to the Premier League physically, or psychologically.

funny they said the same of this guy:

DjOqc9IWsAICVej.jpg

Looking at The Greek Freak now

DjOqc9GXcAAAbK4.jpg

All I say is give the lad a chance. It can't hurt right?

1 minute ago, robdog said:

DjOqc9IWsAICVej.jpg

DjOqc9GXcAAAbK4.jpg

I'm all for it.  If he worked as hard as Giannis did...….. 

Morata had an entire season.  But at the end of it, he was still hitting the floor at the slightest of defenders touches, throwing his arms out and whinging in that WTF manner, and taking stupid yellow cards for excessive complaining and kicking the ball away.  Same as he did at the beginning of the season.  When was he going to learn?  He got the reputation of going down easily, so never got the benefit of the doubt when he was actually fouled.

And then to blame his teammates for not passing him the ball, (which was understandable considering how many sitters he missed), and saying he didn't get anything from the supporters was just wrong.  We gave him a chance to be first choice striker after he was a perennial second choice.

Maybe he'll feel differently about coming back with Frank in charge, and maybe Drogba can have a heart to heart chat with him about what it's like to play for Chelsea in the Premier League.  But I vever got the sense that he was willing to put the work in, willing to give everything to get a goal.  

1 minute ago, robdog said:

DjOqc9IWsAICVej.jpg

DjOqc9GXcAAAbK4.jpg

I'm all for it.  If he worked as hard as Giannis did...….. 

Morata had an entire season.  But at the end of it, he was still hitting the floor at the slightest of defenders touches, throwing his arms out and whinging in that WTF manner, and taking stupid yellow cards for excessive complaining and kicking the ball away.  Same as he did at the beginning of the season.  When was he going to learn?  He got the reputation of going down easily, so never got the benefit of the doubt when he was actually fouled.

And then to blame his teammates for not passing him the ball, (which was understandable considering how many sitters he missed), and saying he didn't get anything from the supporters was just wrong.  We gave him a chance to be first choice striker after he was a perennial second choice.

Maybe he'll feel differently about coming back with Frank in charge, and maybe Drogba can have a heart to heart chat with him about what it's like to play for Chelsea in the Premier League.  But I vever got the sense that he was willing to put the work in, willing to give everything to get a goal.  

3 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

****Giroud has scored a PL goal every 400+ minutes or 163?

I'm asking the question who do we have that is proven to be better? We can find a reason to argue against all 3 of our options but at this point who is going to be the most reliable choice from day 1? It's not as if starting with Giroud means we have to stay with him as until April, he could even lose the job by August if one of the other 2 hit the ground running. Match 1 away against United should be Giroud starting as of right now

400+mins last season, 163mins over his PL career

4 hours ago, ducavis said:

400+mins last season, 163mins over his PL career

If we're going off last season then Michy is one of the best in the league and I'm all for him repeating that return rate

Michy was pants as was morata.  Both are the definition of flattering to deceive. Tammy is young at least and may develop. Maybe Michy can as well. Giroud at least has character but no pace at all any more. None of them would be desirable for a team aspring to win the premier league. 

45 minutes ago, b.sinisa said:

Michy still have a chance to develop and Morata maybe a lost cause and can stay at AM if he wants

Michy turns 26 in October. 

He's as good now as he's ever going to be. 

12 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I dont know, Drogs improved massively around the same age... Morata clearly wont get over his mental block but Michy could still have something

28 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

"Good" is a subjective description of Michy.

On 25/06/2019 at 19:51, coco said:

You have seen what he says about his time here?, and how his team mates stopped passing to him, basically blaming everyone and everything accept himself. 

No thanks don't want him back, he has no team ethos.

Agree. If he had the right mindset and sort to do everything in his power to win back his spot at the club, I would be happy for the club to consider bringing him back.

However, his recent comments pretty much means he's burnt his bridges with the club and supporters and most people will be happy to see the back of him.