Tammy Abraham

Abraham: It was the great Jimmy Greaves who said that football is a funny old game. Well, who would have thought that Chelsea fans would be chanting the name of Tammy Abraham in the same manner they used to celebrate Didier Drogba.

That is because the young striker is leading the line in a similar manner to the Ivory Coast legend. If Abraham continues to develop at this rate, manager Frank Lampard will have another problem on his hands - keeping him at Stamford Bridge.

Garth crooks on Tammy Abraham. 

f**k.Off.

Has he ever said this about salah mane or Kane? 

Roman should cut Tammy a bonus check, because he's going to save the club about £150M this summer.

All of the people saying the kids will go back to not getting chances once we can buy again... seriously? Who is out there, within reach, that you would replace Tammy with right now?

Tomori looks like he's the one most likely to pair with Rudiger when he comes back

Mount, Hudson-Odoi? You think those guys are going to get worse?

When we hit the market again, it will be from a position of strength, not desperation.

What is most impressive to me is that he is scoring different types of goals. Tap ins, headers, left foot, right foot, beating his man before getting a shot away, and then yesterday he gambled on a ball over the top and lobbed the keeper. Thought he showed bravery too as he could have easily been wiped out by the keeper. 

His all round game is phenomenal. He has everything, strength to hold the ball, and win aerial challenges, speed to get in behind and run the channels, technique to keep the ball under pressure and link up with team mates, and he can finish from all types of situations. 

I cant help but feel we have struck gold with him. 

Whether he goes on to be an elite striker is solely down to him now, he has the ability and he has the platform, he just needs to keep stay humble and keep working hard on the training pitch. 

55 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

What is most impressive to me is that he is scoring different types of goals. Tap ins, headers, left foot, right foot, beating his man before getting a shot away, and then yesterday he gambled on a ball over the top and lobbed the keeper. Thought he showed bravery too as he could have easily been wiped out by the keeper. 

I agree but i think his goal was more instinct than deciding to gamble, he seems to have a flair for finding the net with instinctive shots, if Mane/Salah/Aguero scored that goal we would be talking hyper media reaction, remember when Cantona scored that goal they kept playing over and over and over again, Tammys was better than that imo.

1 hour ago, big blue said:

His all round game is phenomenal. He has everything, strength to hold the ball, and win aerial challenges, speed to get in behind and run the channels, technique to keep the ball under pressure and link up with team mates, and he can finish from all types of situations. 

I cant help but feel we have struck gold with him. 

Whether he goes on to be an elite striker is solely down to him now, he has the ability and he has the platform, he just needs to keep stay humble and keep working hard on the training pitch. 

He also seem to have that Drogba like skill of controlling the ball while not really controlling the ball 

14 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Abraham: It was the great Jimmy Greaves who said that football is a funny old game. Well, who would have thought that Chelsea fans would be chanting the name of Tammy Abraham in the same manner they used to celebrate Didier Drogba.

That is because the young striker is leading the line in a similar manner to the Ivory Coast legend. If Abraham continues to develop at this rate, manager Frank Lampard will have another problem on his hands - keeping him at Stamford Bridge.

Garth crooks on Tammy Abraham. 

f**k.Off.

Has he ever said this about salah mane or Kane? 

And why does he compare him to Drogba when he could say Costa, JFH, Anelka, TAF, Gudjohnsen etc. Tammy is a player in his own right anyway who has his own style.

We are going to chant for any striker who bangs in the goals either way.

4 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Is it blue tinted glasses or is it fair to say, on form, he should start Englands games ahead of Harry Kane?

100% he deserves to start he's been in incredible form. I'd say probably the most in form England striker at the minute. Although I hope he doesn't play any games so he can be fresh when he comes back

2 hours ago, chi blue said:

I hope not, who gives a sh*t about England, just want him fresh for Chelsea.

Personally i would love it if most of the England lineup is littered with our academy players (like the era Spain were practically Barcelona plus Casillas and Ramos).

On 07/10/2019 at 13:37, Malcolm9 said:

And why does he compare him to Drogba when he could say Costa, JFH, Anelka, TAF, Gudjohnsen etc. Tammy is a player in his own right anyway who has his own style.

I think it is a fair superficial comparison as both him and Drogba led the Chelsea forward line alone and scored special goals and they both have obvious physical similarities with having African descent and being noticeably tall.

The better comparison would look at how they play as their games are different, both can or could score different kinds of goals they weren't just limited to say sitting on the shoulder of the last defender and waiting for the through ball. Tammy for me is more involved in the build up play.

Tammy also looks to have more maturity than Drogba, he seems to dodgy ride challenges without getting too fussed. 

I would say Tammy at international level is a replacement for Harry Kane.

22 hours ago, Argo said:

Personally i would love it if most of the England lineup is littered with our academy players (like the era Spain were practically Barcelona plus Casillas and Ramos).

Would be great to see "Chelsea" win the World Cup LOL. Could end up with over half the team in a couple of years, and maybe almost all of it if we sign Chilwell and Sancho.

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

Would be great to see "Chelsea" win the World Cup LOL. Could end up with over half the team in a couple of years, and maybe almost all of it if we sign Chilwell and Sancho.

If we sign chilwell and Sancho in the summer I think we've got a real chance of one of the big two next season. That should be fully in our plans for the summer. 

I anticipate we will sign Zaha and miss out on Chilwell. 

35 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

If we sign chilwell and Sancho in the summer I think we've got a real chance of one of the big two next season. That should be fully in our plans for the summer. 

I anticipate we will sign Zaha and miss out on Chilwell. 

I think that will depend on who makes the decisions on new players, Lampard or the Board?

If Lampard I doubt we will go for Zaha.

Before the start of the season I had worried that Tammy didn't have the strength to hold play up and thought he had looked a bit too gangly to have good ball control.

I needn't have worried.

I hope he can keep this up. He looks strong, has great instincts and gets involved in build up. His eye for goal is superb and now my only concern is how he stands up against world class defenders. If he keeps this up he could become an all time great.

Well done Tammy! It is really exciting to have such a great young player with so much potential in the team. He is proving to be the best of our young players at the moment and if the others can catch up with him the sky is the limit.

25 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Before the start of the season I had worried that Tammy didn't have the strength to hold play up and thought he had looked a bit too gangly to have good ball control.

I needn't have worried.

I hope he can keep this up. He looks strong, has great instincts and gets involved in build up. His eye for goal is superb and now my only concern is how he stands up against world class defenders. If he keeps this up he could become an all time great.

Well done Tammy! It is really exciting to have such a great young player with so much potential in the team. He is proving to be the best of our young players at the moment and if the others can catch up with him the sky is the limit.

Yes he is gangly and I notice when he gets the ball to feet at times he takes a little time to get it under control yet the defenders are scared to dive in as if they mis-time it given Tammy's long limbs it will look bad.

On 07/10/2019 at 13:37, Malcolm9 said:

I see a lot of Drogba in him with the way he holds up the ball, brings other players in (Giroud can help him improve there) battles with defenders and scores one yard scrappy toe pokes to screamers. Just needs to get better with his head. 

At least we’re not comparing him to Morata :good2:

17 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I see a lot of Drogba in him with the way he holds up the ball, brings other players in (Giroud can help him improve there) battles with defenders and scores one yard scrappy toe pokes to screamers. Just needs to get better with his head. 

At least we’re not comparing him to Morata :good2:

Unpopular opinion but Tammy should learn how to head a ball from Morata. 

2 hours ago, Deino said:

Unpopular opinion but Tammy should learn how to head a ball from Morata. 

I think heading is something that he can maybe improve on and I’m sure he works hard at it. However  I feel it’s one of those skills that some people are naturally very good at and no matter how hard others work at it they can never achieve the same level.