Nibs

Tammy Abraham

Poor game from him, really he should have won us the game.

Hes good enough for this season but I’m still yet to believe he’s good enough for a title challenging team. Hopefully he keeps improving.

On 06/11/2019 at 08:55, dansubrosa said:

Poor game from him, really he should have won us the game.

Hes good enough for this season but I’m still yet to believe he’s good enough for a title challenging team. Hopefully he keeps improving.

Dan Subrusa Jr:

"Daddy, I just drew a picture of us when we went to the funfair - look, there's me, and you and mummy, and the dog, and the cat, and the snail that you almost stepped on and I even drew its shell with the right colour..."

Dan Subrusa SR:

"Oh. That's nice... but I was wearing dark grey trousers Danny, not black... And it looks like you left out the patterns on its shell. To be honest, I was expecting something a bit more life like... You're one and a half now." -_-

Have to say, there are times in games when he looks like a good championship level striker, but he does keep getting into good positions and keeps on scoring, so he's doing everything that can be asked of him so far. 

7 hours ago, Dixons said:

Have to say, there are times in games when he looks like a good championship level striker, but he does keep getting into good positions and keeps on scoring, so he's doing everything that can be asked of him so far. 

He’s at very least got this season to improve his overall game though and if he keeps banging in goals like he does he’ll keep getting plenty of chances. 

I forgot how young Robben was when we signed him. He’s always looked 40+ :laugh2:

Along with being the second best scorer so far, he's at the top of the list when it comes to big chances missed, had he scored all of those he would have 20 goals in the league already.

Considering this is his first season, he looks like he could explode in the future and become a very consistant scorer with 30+ goals in all competitions regularly.

Watched his Aston villa goals last night for the first time. Majority scored within 6 yard box. The guy is a "natural" goalscorer. Fantastic movement and positioning. I see no reason why his goal output can't be sustained. This is no flash in the pan. 

5 hours ago, Crapbag said:

Watched his Aston villa goals last night for the first time. Majority scored within 6 yard box. The guy is a "natural" goalscorer. Fantastic movement and positioning. I see no reason why his goal output can't be sustained. This is no flash in the pan. 

Yeah, he's proving that he can do it at every level. 

Edited by GhostOfDembaBa

Tammy has an unbelievable quality that goes unnoticed. Strikers instinct. He’s proven it at Bristol City, Aston Villa, for our youth sides and now with us in the premier league. Brilliant positioning and a nose for goal can’t be taught. Such an underrated skill.

4 hours ago, coco said:

Lets hope so. And then lets hope Callum trumps them both, then Gilmour...

Absolutely....I am looking forward to more of Gilmour

4 hours ago, DannyVblue said:

Tammy has an unbelievable quality that goes unnoticed. Strikers instinct. He’s proven it at Bristol City, Aston Villa, for our youth sides and now with us in the premier league. Brilliant positioning and a nose for goal can’t be taught. Such an underrated skill.

Plus a genuine passion and determination to well for Chelsea, which is something i felt Morata and Torres never really had deep in their hearts. 

I also like the way he accepts a few bad misses and even poor games and just gets on with it,  looking for the next chance and the next goal. I always felt Torres (in his Chelsea days) and Morata dwelled on their missed chances and poor games and that affected them longterm.

10 hours ago, Dixons said:

I always felt Torres (in his Chelsea days) and Morata dwelled on their missed chances and poor games and that affected them longterm.

Absolutely. Morata said as much the other day, that he knew the players had no faith in him. Irrespective as to whether they actually didnt, the fact he convinced himself of that says it all about his mental fragility. 

Further underlines how crucial the mental side of the game is, seems far more important than natural or "god given" talent. 

Speaking of. My God he was awful. Can just about laugh at these now. 

Edited by Crapbag

16 minutes ago, Crapbag said:

Absolutely. Morata said as much the other day, that he knew the players had no faith in him. Irrespective as to whether they actually didnt, the fact he convinced himself of that says it all about his mental fragility. 

Further underlines how crucial the mental side of the game is, seems far more important than natural or "god given" talent. 

Speaking of. My God he was awful. Can just about laugh at these now. 

I can't watch it. Would just revive all the pain.

4 hours ago, Crapbag said:

So right!

I remember Jimmy Connors saying there were a lot of lower ranked players in his era who had more tennis talent than him,  but not the head and heart that he had.

Edited by Dixons

51 minutes ago, Dixons said:

So right!

I remember Jimmy Connors saying there were a lot of lower ranked players in his era who had more tennis talent than him,  but not the head and heart that he had.

Still my favourite tennis player. A 'once more onto the breach' sort of athlete.

200w.gif

Edited by Valerie

1 hour ago, Dixons said:

So right!

Speaking of tennis, it's a big game tonight, Djokovic vs Federer!

9 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Chilwell to Sancho to Abraham. Could be a Chelsea combination in future. 

I'd love us to sign Chilwell he's quality.