Tammy Abraham

Tammy still has a massive part to play next season, we are battling on a lot of fronts and the expeeience he has gained this year will be beneficial to him and the team, he is our top scorer in his 1st full season with us at a young age and hopefully will be learning from Giroud and enhance his game.

Had a great season and helped fire us to Champions league

21 hours ago, Mummy said:

I think he’s missing some strength and movement. 

finishing isn’t an issue

18 hours ago, Deino said:

His movement sucks. I hope he stays overnight at Giroud's to learn everything he can

You want movement, get Morata back.

We needed goals from our strikers this season

Abraham's 15 goals was a huge part of us getting 4th place.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

I saw a quote where Lampard has said to Timo that he will be playing as a striker. Does that mean Tammy will be 3rd choice? Doesn’t look good for him

At the moment yes. However Giroud was 3rd choice striker at one point this season and Tammy was first. He will get his opportunity. 

1 hour ago, coco said:

Abraham 34 appearances 15 goals 4 assists, looks great to me.

It's decent alright, but his goals dried up during the second half of the season. I don't know if defenders figured him out or if his form was a reflection of the team's.  He should be second or third choice striker, and he has to work on his balance and aerial ability. He falls over far too often, and has great height to be an asset in the air if he works on it.  

Maybe if we improve the defense we can try playing two strikers against some of the weaker teams, which should give him a lot of game time. 

2 hours ago, coco said:

I want strength and movement so that he is a threat during the game other than just in the final touch 

The touch to bring the ball down over his shoulder was absolutely exquisite. It shows that he does have the technique in his locker, just needs to stay on his feet and pick some things up from giroud's game. 

Wrong decision at the emd of the move though, but he is a striker that wamts to score, and it was at 2 nil in stoppage time, so he can be forgiven.

The touch to bring the ball down over his shoulder was absolutely exquisite. It shows that he does have the technique in his locker, just needs to stay on his feet and pick some things up from giroud's game. 
Wrong decision at the emd of the move though, but he is a striker that wamts to score, and it was at 2 nil in stoppage time, so he can be forgiven.
I don't think he made the wrong choice per say. He just failed his shot. If you don't pass make the shot. A pass past opponent player fencing of offside is a risk. He just completely missed his shot there.

Didn't he take it down with his foot? That was world class.
57 minutes ago, evissy said:

I don't think he made the wrong choice per say. He just failed his shot. If you don't pass make the shot. A pass past opponent player fencing of offside is a risk. He just completely missed his shot there.

Didn't he take it down with his foot? That was world class.

Barkley was an easy pass. 3v2, you work the ball to make a clear chance, Tammy carried it, amd took a pot shot from outside the area, if it goes in great, but he wouldve been heavily critised and rightly so if that miss had cost us. 

I said he took it down over his shoulder, not with his shoulder. It was an incredible touch. 

33 minutes ago, big blue said:

Barkley was an easy pass. 3v2, you work the ball to make a clear chance, Tammy carried it, amd took a pot shot from outside the area, if it goes in great, but he wouldve been heavily critised and rightly so if that miss had cost us. 

I said he took it down over his shoulder, not with his shoulder. It was an incredible touch. 

I have to say I thought that was partially on Mount (who was exceptional btw). I know he was off at that point but 5 minutes before he had the chance to play in Tammy and done the exact same which went straight at the keeper as well. Abraham didn’t look impressed. 

I think had Mount played him that pass, he probably plays the pass as well but due to not getting the first one thought he’d just do the same. It doesn’t excuse it, he still could have played it to either Pedro or Barkley but given we were so comfortable it can be forgiven. 

In terms of next season I think it’ll be whoever performs the best in pre season that will start as our number 1. Giroud, will likely go back to 3rd choice in my opinion.

15 hours ago, coco said:

Is it wrong to ask for a young striker to improve his game?  

• 2 weeks later...

That's the funny thing about statistics......invaluable and indisputable when they support your preconceived notions......and utter garbage not worth a Kepa's chance of catching a cross when they don't support your pre-conceived notions.

Here's a hot take...... for his age and experience Tammy has done quite well and had a season many in his position (age/PL experience) would have killed for........ he also needs to improve quite a bit if he is going to be a starting 9 consistently for a club with the ambitions of Chelsea.

Sometimes if you just look at all the factors/statistics objectively.....you realize more than one side can be right...or wrong....or a mixture of both right and wrong.

Tammy has a future here....it's up to him to determine if that's being our main striker/competing with another as out top striker...... or being the backup to the ones who are..... personally, I think it will come down to how much work he puts into it.  I don't think ability will be his limiting factor.

I think we just have to remember that we are roughly playing every 3 days in run up to christmas so Tammy will get a chance. I think we have seen him tire through the end of the season but i'm sure he will be up and running again for next season. 

I was happy with his goal against Bayern.

He still needs to improve his movement and pass technique in short space. But I saw an improvement in his physical battle vs Boateng. 

He still need time, his first season with us is good.

15 goals in the league + 3 assists.

3 goals in the CL + 1 assist.

Being involved in 22 goals this season.

15 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

He still needs to improve his movement and pass technique in short space. But I saw an improvement in his physical battle vs Boateng. 

Good first season. He needs to keep working hard, be humble and build upon this experience.

2 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I'm not there yet - think he is actually quite average.  Don't forget 7 of his 15 PL goals came in 3 early games by Sep - 8 in the remaining 35 games (unsure quite how many he played) isn't good enough for me.

His movement is bang average and his awareness is one step below that.  Good squad player and lets watch him develop, but he needs massive improvement for me.