Tammy Abraham

He can't anticipate anything in the air and is far too likely to drop back instead of going to the front post. 

However, I don't think he was that bad. He had no service, he tried, he worked hard and pressed and ultimately the best chance he got he made himeslf by chasing the players mistake. 

Edited by Slojo

Throws his hand in the air or covers his face as if he cannot believe it when he misses chances

well guess what Tammy you do miss them. No point looking to the sky like someone is against you mate. You miss them no one else 

hopefully he keeps getting minutes and starts banging them in 

for me Werner plays up front once CHO or pulisic are fit 

25 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

Throws his hand in the air or covers his face as if he cannot believe it when he misses chances

well guess what Tammy you do miss them. No point looking to the sky like someone is against you mate. You miss them no one else 

Oh come on, give the kid a break. He's very young and the cameras are on him relentlessly, with millions watching. What do you expect him to do when he misses a chance, collapse on the pitch crying? Knowing people are groaning and declaring he's sh*t, he must adopt some kind of body language. I think he knows all too well he's the one who's missed it. 

30 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

hopefully he keeps getting minutes and starts banging them in 

for me Werner plays up front once CHO or pulisic are fit 

Finishing aside, my criticism is he's a bit weak. So often he seems to wait for the ball to come to him (particularly in the air) rather than attacking and imposing himself. Just seems like he waits for the game to come to him rather than taking it by the scruff. That's fine if you're Jimmy Floyd and finish every half chances but when you're finishing isn't fantastic you've got to do a bit more to create chances for yourself. 

That said he is still young, Didier was still struggling in Ligue 2 at Le Mans at the same age. There is time for him to fill out and become what we all want him to be.

12 hours ago, Valerie said:

Oh come on, give the kid a break. He's very young and the cameras are on him relentlessly, with millions watching. What do you expect him to do when he misses a chance, collapse on the pitch crying? Knowing people are groaning and declaring he's sh*t, he must adopt some kind of body language. I think he knows all too well he's the one who's missed it. 

He's also not sulking and keeping his head up, always chasing the game. Celebrating with Jorginho like he was genuinely happy we equalised, a penalty he won also. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

One of his best games in a while. Two poachers finishes and some good lay-off work too which you wouldn't ordinarily see. 

Credit to Frank for the way he is managing our striker cohort. If you score you get to stay on makes them all keen for goals.

Hold up play was much better, especially compared to the game at west ham last season.

Really like Abraham, attitude is absolutely spot on, seems to eelish the competition, and he is improving all the time.