Tammy Abraham

On 20/04/2021 at 03:40, Wearyourcolours said:

Can you give me all the qualities you believe that Tammy has that will make him an absolute ‘MONSTER’ of a striker?

I’m just not seeing it on 2 years performances with us so far!

I see an average player that has scored against lesser teams, and failed to perform in big games when it matters.

Go watch 5 games and see what he bring to the table and then watch Werner and Giroud. 

Watch how many times Werner challenge cb aerially, watch how many times he pinned cb and play back to goal to keep the ball high. Then watch Giroud, how many times did he make run behind, how Giroud press. Then watch Tammy. 

10 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Glad we continue to overlook are best goal scorer when we're sweeping aside all these easy teams. 

I thinks its a tactical masterclass to overlook the striker that gets slated for only scoring against easy teams when we continue to not score against easy teams...

Feel a bit sorry for the lad today. Came on, did very little in the short time he was given, and then, missed an open goal. Although I don't think the chance was as easy as the pundits (or some on here) were saying, lets be honest, it was a cross that was well under the height of the cross bar, wasn't crossed to him particularly hard or fast, and it was from about a meter away from an open goal.

Unfortunately the lad, despite being over 6 foot, has the heading ability of my 90 year old nan.

A "complete striker" (as someone on here called him the other day) simply has to score that. In fact, any striker hoping to make an impact and prove his manager wrong needs to be burying a chances like that to be in with a shout of getting game time.

Opportunity missed, in more ways that one.

Even if he had tapped it in in the end of this game many would still think that it doesn't matter at all since it's just a clear chance and it doesn't change anything so it looks like no matter what he does he's just seen as a not needed player by some fans and I don't agree with that. Many strikers just don't put their head down and miss that kind of a chance it can happen to anyone and it doesn't mean anything.

I don't know why we're already giving up on him while Werner can go around for months not scoring at all and even when he scores at one game he will miss another 2-3 great chances anyway, that's not fair towards Tammy that just missed 1 chance.

Werner is one of those players that get pushed to play despite everything, I hope that Werner seriously improves but if he keeps missing chances and scores one goal every two months he's not going to be good enough for us but because he's being pushed he will land another good contract similar to how Morata did and many other players but sadly Tammy doesn't have an agent like that nor the manager that will keep pushing him, lucky for us Mason Mount had that manager that pushed him in and I'm thankful for Lampard for that but at the same time sad because Lampard used Tammy so much last season till the very point when he burned out, got injured and till then he never really recovered, I was worried that the same thing might happen to Mount but he has shown that he's a great athlete and sadly Tammy isn't.

Last season Tammy carried us till January and then Lampard summoned Giroud from a perfume bottle and he has been able to do the job for us like a genie but there was no reason to leave out Giroud for such a long period of time and the same thing is also true for Tammy now, there was no reason for him to be left out for such a long time specially since we struggle to score... Give me a break West Ham had 2-3 key players missing and a red card and we still scored just once, good that Werner hit that 1 shot well and low but he could have missed it just as well...

1 hour ago, nonotnowjim said:

Feel a bit sorry for the lad today. Came on, did very little in the short time he was given, and then, missed an open goal. Although I don't think the chance was as easy as the pundits (or some on here) were saying, lets be honest, it was a cross that was well under the height of the cross bar, wasn't crossed to him particularly hard or fast, and it was from about a meter away from an open goal.

Unfortunately the lad, despite being over 6 foot, has the heading ability of my 90 year old nan.

A "complete striker" (as someone on here called him the other day) simply has to score that. In fact, any striker hoping to make an impact and prove his manager wrong needs to be burying a chances like that to be in with a shout of getting game time.

Missed opportunities.

Edited by just

9 minutes ago, just said:

Missed opportunities.

This is a Tammy Abraham thread right?

For what it's worth, I am not saying Timo has been good enough, but if you do want to compare, then timo has contributed to significantly more points for the team this season then Tammy has.

fyi - Tammys goals have secured us a single point in the epl when he scored the equaliser against WBA. Timo today alone secured 3x as many. 

4 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

This is a Tammy Abraham thread right?

For what it's worth, I am not saying Timo has been good enough, but if you do want to compare, then timo has contributed to significantly more points for the team this season then Tammy has.

fyi - Tammys goals have secured us a single point in the epl when he scored the equaliser against WBA. Timo today alone secured 3x as many. 

Tammy, Timo, Timo, Tammy. 

Some have had more opportunities to miss opportunities. If you don't get the opportunity very often you won't get the opportunity to miss the opportunities.

1 minute ago, just said:

Tammy, Timo, Timo, Tammy. 

Some have had more opportunities to miss opportunities. If you don't get the opportunity very often you won't get the opportunity to miss the opportunities.

Let's not rewrite history here - although clearly Tammy has not had as many opportunities since tuchel arrived, he has had opportunities this season. 

He played a lot of games under lamps - and again, despite those games his goals/assists have won us a solitary point this season. 

Just now, nonotnowjim said:

Let's not rewrite history here - although clearly Tammy has not had as many opportunities since tuchel arrived, he has had opportunities this season. 

He played a lot of games under lamps - and again, despite those games his goals/assists have won us a solitary point this season. 

Happy to let you have the last word here Jim.

Take your point about a "complete" striker having to finish those sort of chances otherwise a manager shouldn't pick him.

It's a real Timo, Tammy, Tommy conundrum.

When he broke into the youth team he looked the real deal but even then he just needed too many chances to score just one. 

On the odd occasion he displays good movement but he doesn’t have that instinct to get into that area where the ball is likely to come . Time after time he just doesn’t make the sort of gamble that finishers like Cavani and Lwendoski display .

Mason and Reece have  taken that next step but Tammy unfortunately doesn’t seem to be able to take that next step and yes will do a reasonable job somewhere else but alas if he stays he will be a squad player making the occasional appearance but is that going to be enough.

There is a reason why he isn’t getting ahead of other players and it’s probably not just about what happens on the pitch but If I were a betting man I would put good money on him being sold in the summer. 

The two dilemmas are that the market is deflated so any talk of getting top money would be folly that said my guess is that his value is somewhere between £25-35 million at most the trouble then is try to first identify and then get a club to sell cheap that said as we saw this week European clubs in particular clubs are broke so will be forced to sell assets even if the don’t want to.

I would not be at all surprised to see two come in and one of those would be Augero the other I know who Imwould be delighted with but he may be just a bit too rich 

Edited by terraloon
12 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

Have you watched it back? Peter Crouch wouldn’t have got up and scored that. Mason overhit the cross. Tammy was almost at full stretch just to touch it.

For reference, the underside of the crossbar is 8ft off the ground. This camera angle is above the ball and goals so makes it look lower so you could argue at ground level it’s even higher on that goals but that ball is at at least over 7 feet off the ground even just by using that photo.

1DC15217-3828-4C02-BC58-A9EFAC6375C7.jpeg

6 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Have you watched it back? Peter Crouch wouldn’t have got up and scored that.

I’ve already told you Crouch would have gone for the overhead kick. Don’t ignore the facts to suit your agenda! :wink:

Mason not only over hit it, he tried to find Tammy too late. Could have put him in earlier than that. 

7 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Have you watched it back? Peter Crouch wouldn’t have got up and scored that. Mason overhit the cross. Tammy was almost at full stretch just to touch it.

For reference, the underside of the crossbar is 8ft off the ground. This camera angle is above the ball and goals so makes it look lower so you could argue at ground level it’s even higher on that goals but that ball is at at least over 7 feet off the ground even just by using that photo.

1DC15217-3828-4C02-BC58-A9EFAC6375C7.jpeg

So the 6' 3" Tammy has got to jump a foot in the air to get over it ? Jees, not sure a professional footballer has that sort of athleticism in his locker ... 🙂

Regardless of whether it was a good chance or not I just don't understand the criticism he is getting for it, the lad has not had a kick for ages and fans seem to be on his back for missing a chance in his 5 minute cameo. 

He has been with us ever since he was a young lad and I have never been able to fault him for what he has given us, his energy when he play for us up top is great, he was our top goal scorer last season and is also our top goal scorer this season and he appears to be an absolute top professional off the field. He is clearly not the finished article but he certainly has the potential to be a great Centre Forward once he hits his peak.

13 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Regardless of whether it was a good chance or not I just don't understand the criticism he is getting for it, the lad has not had a kick for ages and fans seem to be on his back for missing a chance in his 5 minute cameo. 

He has been with us ever since he was a young lad and I have never been able to fault him for what he has given us, his energy when he play for us up top is great, he was our top goal scorer last season and is also our top goal scorer this season and he appears to be an absolute top professional off the field. He is clearly not the finished article but he certainly has the potential to be a great Centre Forward once he hits his peak.

His energy when up top isn't great imo. Well either that or his lack of ability.

Don't think he has the potential to be great for us. A midtable team yes.

2 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

His energy when up top isn't great imo. Well either that or his lack of ability.

Don't think he has the potential to be great for us. A midtable team yes.

At the age of 22/23 he was the top goal scorer for a team that finished Top 4 so I would say he has the potential to be great for us in a few years time.

7 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think it's a subconscious kickback to some going too far the other way.

10 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I don't see how anyone is "on his back" for stating the obvious that he should have scored from that chance. Personally I hope he gets more starts for us, but he's got to take stuff like that if he wants any kind of career at a top club. If that was Morata or Torres doing that it would have been unanimous. As it is, he gets some slack as he is an academy lad, which is fair enough, but let's not pretend that this level of finishing from our centre forward is what we need or aspire to.

Edited by Sexyfootball