Andreas Christensen

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

16 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I find it crazy that in the last week people seem to think Rudiger is the one that should make way for AC. 

Rudiger and AC should be our starters for the next 3 years. Luiz should be making way!!

Eventually once Christensen has developed the confidence and has regular game time under his belt that would be the case but Luiz is too important to the system and how Sarri wants to play to be dropped. 

25 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I find it crazy that in the last week people seem to think Rudiger is the one that should make way for AC. 

Rudiger and AC should be our starters for the next 3 years. Luiz should be making way!!

I've been saying Rudiger should make way most of the season. Just as error prone as David Luiz and positionally poor. At least Luiz brings his passing to the table.

19 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I've been saying Rudiger should make way most of the season. Just as error prone as David Luiz and positionally poor. At least Luiz brings his passing to the table.

I genuinely would rather Luiz passed a bit less. And took a few less free kicks. There's a reason the opposition don't press him, his passes always look better than they are. 

And no one assist every 15 games doesn't change that 

Agree he shouldn't be on freekick duty but his assists don't reflect his ability. Amount of balls he's stuck behind the backline for Pedro/Willian/Morata/Higuain to mess up is unbelievable. Greatest ball playing centre half any of us will ever see and a huge asset to the team. Just a shame he can't really defend.

Edit: Just looked on the premier league website and Luiz has created 10 big chances this season. 10. From CB. Incredible.

Compare that to Virgil 'best CB the world has ever seen' Van Dijk creating only 3 big chances. Luiz with 39 more accurate through balls, 14 more accurate long passes.

Edited by RIP Mourinho

I honestly think Christiensen is our best defender, he reads the game brilliantly, he has fantastic composure, and he is very comfortable on the ball. 

He also doesnt force things too much with unnecessary attempted balls over the top which Rudy and Luiz can be guilty of. 

It would be Christiansen and one of the 2 for me, I know it was only Brighton, but I've seen him have excellent games against the best teams in the league.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

It took him a while, but it looks like he has finally completely gotten over those mistakes he was making towards the end of last season. 

I thought the same, with his last few displays he should be banging on the managers door for more game time. 

8 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Just as error prone as David Luiz and positionally poor. At least Luiz brings his passing to the table

Rudiger has one aspect the rest don't and will never have... Pace.. 

Get the attacking 6 sorted with the right personnel and we can forgo Luiz offensive contribution for a center back pairing that is more defensively sound. IMO, that's Rudiger and Christensen. 

If Sarri is still around next season, he only seems to play three.. Who will it be next year? 

Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen again? 

Rudiger, Christensen, Ampadu? 

If the transfer ban holds, does Zouma have a spot on the team? He still has 4 years left on his contract I believe. 

Edited by Skinnedy

17 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

It took him a while, but it looks like he has finally completely gotten over those mistakes he was making towards the end of last season. I agree with those that say he should now be put back in the regular 11, but I don't think it should be in place of Rudiger, it should Luiz's spot that he takes. 

You can't drop Luiz though until Christensen is fully developed. Luiz is a vital part of the system Sarri wants to play. 

15 minutes ago, Remodez said:

You can't drop Luiz though until Christensen is fully developed. Luiz is a vital part of the system Sarri wants to play. 

But there is a fair chance Luiz won't be here next season so it's good practice to start playing without him in preparation for next season & beyond.

15 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

Rudiger has one aspect the rest don't and will never have... Pace.. 

Get the attacking 6 sorted with the right personnel and we can forgo Luiz offensive contribution for a center back pairing that is more defensively sound. IMO, that's Rudiger and Christensen. 

If Sarri is still around next season, he only seems to play three.. Who will it be next year? 

Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen again? 

Rudiger, Christensen, Ampadu? 

If the transfer ban holds, does Zouma have a spot on the team? He still has 4 years left on his contract I believe. 

Christensen is no slouch.  And more importantly I think he is seems quicker over a short distance than Rudiger. It sometimes takes Rudiger longer to get into his stride, but when he's in his stride he must be one of the quickest players in our squad. I sometimes feel that Rudiger can be a little flat footed though.

On 04/04/2019 at 09:30, bisright1 said:

The thing is, Luiz may not be a top defender, but he provides an extra creative outlet in the side with his long passing and vision. I know a defender should be a defender, but he offers something unique to us.

Not just that but he also is great with the ball at his feet under pressure. He can pass his way out from trouble. I think we need to replace our full backs most tbh. Ampadu and Christensen can be our future CBs. 

31 minutes ago, enigma said:

The thing is, Luiz may not be a top defender, but he provides an extra creative outlet in the side with his long passing and vision. I know a defender should be a defender, but he offers something unique to us.

Not just that but he also is great with the ball at his feet under pressure. He can pass his way out from trouble. I think we need to replace our full backs most tbh. Ampadu and Christensen can be our future CBs. 

In a team which struggles for goals Luiz's errors costs us points.. I would much rather have a more solid defender..  every big game he has made errors.. Utd, Spurs. City, Arsenal..

Christensen needs to be braver with his heading.. he seems to shy away at times.. otherwise he looks a more solid bet and maybe would have displaced luiz by now..

20 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

It took him a while, but it looks like he has finally completely gotten over those mistakes he was making towards the end of last season. I agree with those that say he should now be put back in the regular 11, but I don't think it should be in place of Rudiger, it should Luiz's spot that he takes. 

Or. with a manager with more than one plan, you could play Rudi, AC and Luiz in a 3. With more mobile and advanced WB's populating the midfield area it would still allow Jorginho room to work without getting crowded out and allow for our advanced midfielders to advance. With more attacking options in and around the box, and hopefully more movement, our play to shots and shots to goals ratios should increase.

The only fly in the appointment is Jorginho's crippling lack of pace when we are out of possession in his ability to screen and protect the back 3, but if your WB's are mobile and not donkeys like Alonso, you could still cover the "defensive phase"

I’ve backed Christensen since he broke in to the first team. He got over the top unfair criticism when he made a few mistakes in a span of time under Conte. People were saying he wasn’t chelsea class and wouldn’t make it here. That’s what you get with young and relatively inexperienced CB’s, they’ll make mistakes. I also feel because he was young and one of our own he wasn’t necessarily held to the same standard as Luiz who drops regular clangers but if they don’t lead to a goal it’s swept under the carpet. I’d much rather have a 23 year old high potential CB playing than a 31 year who is equally mistake prone.

I don’t think he’s playing regularly enough to say he’s not going to make anymore mistakes but that’s part of learning for him, he’s a classy players. I think he’s quite composed on the ball without being flashy and probably the best defender out of our three CB’s. If only he had the heading ability of Terry in the oppositions box he’d be perfect. He should be a stalwart for us moving forward at CB. He has the potential to grow in to one of the best in the world IMO.

If the transfer ban is frozen this summer I think we should go in for another CB. A left footed/sided one in the mould of Laporte. Someone who can pass but also defend. Pair him with Christensen on his stronger side and we'd be golden. Rudi & Ampadu as rotation and a chance for Rudi to cut the errors out with some competition.

Just one mans opinion, and likely not shared by many, but for me he is by far our best center back and should be playing more often.

Offers more than Rudiger for me and easily more than David luiz defensively. Just needs to improve his attacking at corners and free kicks. That is their edge on him.

Luiz and rudiger should rotate to play alongside Andreas.

9 hours ago, Jangz said:

In a team which struggles for goals Luiz's errors costs us points.. I would much rather have a more solid defender..  every big game he has made errors.. Utd, Spurs. City, Arsenal..

Christensen needs to be braver with his heading.. he seems to shy away at times.. otherwise he looks a more solid bet and maybe would have displaced luiz by now..

I would have loved if we went for Van Dijk. Him and Christensen would have  been something. Shame he wanted to go to 'pool.