Andreas Christensen

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

21 hours ago, coco said:

They shouldnt of scored 4-5. The first goal was lucky, huge deflection. Leicester had three clear cut chances, they scored one of them(Creswell) and missed the other two(Barnes shot, and a Evans header).

The first was a huge deflection and fortunate, but it was still a clear chance in our box. They scored 2 and missed 2 sitters, plus quite a few breakaways where they probably should have done better. 

Anyway, even 3 clear cut goal-scoring opportunities is not good enough.

All this talk about getting him out the club is a joke. As though he was solely at fault for the draw. Tbh hes probably been our best defender for the last few weeks, but i feel like fans have an agenda on here that just wont be interrupted no matter what.

20 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

Ask yourselves this: What Evans did to Andreas at that corner, brushed him aside to win a free header, could you ever imagine Andreas doing that to Evans at a corner in a million years?

If the answer is no (and the answer is no) that alone is reason enough to get him out of our club.

To be fair @Davey Baby, would you have said the same about LeBeouf or Carvalho?  Neither of them were massively butch and hairy.  

(Actually, thinking about it, Carvalho would have had his arms wrapped round Evans like @loz with a half kebab he's found in the street.  TF we didn't have VAR in Ricky's day)

Edited by yorkleyblue

1 hour ago, Oli said:

All this talk about getting him out the club is a joke. As though he was solely at fault for the draw. Tbh hes probably been our best defender for the last few weeks, but i feel like fans have an agenda on here that just wont be interrupted no matter what.

Put money on we could name more bad things than good he's done this season.

For me he is reasonable with the ball at his feet and when he comes forward from defense he looks decent too.

In open play he has been reasonable at clearing high balls with his head although penalised occasionally for climbing on his man. 

Defensively at corners he looks weak and slow to react to danger at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Jordan type performance in the air by this little girl. Yeah, I'm 100% he will thrive in Barca. And substituted in the half... from a slap in the face... You missed the little fact that Marquez and Pujol were among the greatest warriors on the pitch. This little girl is one of the softest poor souls I've ever seen. 

Edited by Droopy

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

Another Jordan type performance in the air by this little girl. Yeah, I'm 100% he will thrive in Barca. And substituted in the half... from a slap in the face... You missed the little fact that Marquez and Pujol were among the greatest warriors on the pitch. This little girl is one of the softest poor souls I've ever seen. 

Seriously? How offensive is this in this day and age! A little girl would never have let Martial get across the front of them!

Frank is becoming a real worry. Christensen was diabolical at Leicester but stays in the team. Sipping a bottle of mineral water on the touchline while the game goes on. Which self-respecting CB would ever do that? He's soft. I've said it all along, and he's terrible in the air, and he lacks personality. Zouma came on and immediately scored a good goal, despite the fact he may not be the greatest. When have you ever seen Christensen do that? He shouldn't be anywhere near our team and the fact Frank keeps picking him has to make you question his judgement. I'm afraid the fault doesn't lie with the player, the fault lies with the manager for picking him.

2 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

Frank is becoming a real worry. Christensen was diabolical at Leicester but stays in the team. Sipping a bottle of mineral water on the touchline while the game goes on. Which self-respecting CB would ever do that? He's soft. I've said it all along, and he's terrible in the air, and he lacks personality. Zouma came on and immediately scored a good goal, despite the fact he may not be the greatest. When have you ever seen Christensen do that? He shouldn't be anywhere near our team and the fact Frank keeps picking him has to make you question his judgement. I'm afraid the fault doesn't lie with the player, the fault lies with the manager for picking him.

Biggest problem wasn't starting Michy, it was going with Christensen again imo, needs to stop playing him now it's getting ridiculous. 

I think some of the negativity goes too far. I mean Christensen genuinely took a performance-impairing hit tonight. I do agree that he seems lightweight and it COULD be a dealbreaker, but am still prepared to give him a chance. The main reason is he does have some real quality, is accomplished on the ball, moves it well, reads the game quite well imo. Above all - he’s still really young. Seems like he could do with some mentoring and more working out more than anything. At any rate, I have more of an issue with the Bats selection than Christensen tonight.

On a separate note, I don’t understand this idea that he’d do really well at Barcelona. No fewer mean forwards in that league than in the premier league?

41 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Michy has been terrible but Giroud has looked absolutely finished this season, I can see why Frank started Michy. 

I cannot. Put aside Giroud. Any of our youth forwards would do miles better than batman.

Put it this way, if your choices were Bakayoko, minerio or Gilmour are you saying the only options to consider are Baka and minerio?

4 hours ago, Dean said:

I think some of the negativity goes too far. I mean Christensen genuinely took a performance-impairing hit tonight. I do agree that he seems lightweight and it COULD be a dealbreaker, but am still prepared to give him a chance. The main reason is he does have some real quality, is accomplished on the ball, moves it well, reads the game quite well imo. Above all - he’s still really young. Seems like he could do with some mentoring and more working out more than anything. At any rate, I have more of an issue with the Bats selection than Chr Thoughtistensen tonight.

On a separate note, I don’t understand this idea that he’d do really well at Barcelona. No fewer mean forwards in that league than in the premier league?

Yep. Thought up to the goal he was our best player last night. But that goal changed the game and you do have to wonder if he is too lightweight to ever become a top CB. Another night where I long for the return of JT................................................

24 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Yep. Thought up to the goal he was our best player last night. But that goal changed the game and you do have to wonder if he is too lightweight to ever become a top CB. Another night where I long for the return of JT................................................

Too lightweight, crybaby, weak... Broke his nose ffs

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/news/frank-lampard-andreas-christensen-broken-nose-martial-manchester-united