Andreas Christensen

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

He felt the need to do a Luiz and put in a challenge in midfield because Jorginho got turned by Grealish and was running free but really he should've tried to slow him down and allow Jorghino to catch up.

He made that mistake and felt contact so he went down because he was so far out he wouldn't be able to get back anyway. I think he doubled down by staying down but the ball wasn't kicked out and ref didn't stop the game.

When was the last time we saw an attacker and the central defender had a clash, and the defender lying on the floor clutching for dear life while the attacker got up and helped the team to score a goal? The funny thing is after the goal was scored and the medical staff did their thing, he went on to complete the game. It's harsh, but he's as soft as a pillow for a defender.

There was a clear handball 15 seconds before that stopped a through ball that wasn't blown up for, then grealish clearly kicked into Christensen, and it was a foul. Just because he was down does that mean the rest of the defense suddenly cant do their job. And now its proven he got an injury of said foul.

Yet after and during the match, the whole draw was placed solely down to Christensen. He a disgrace to our club and should never set place on the field. Its actually laughable the sort of dumb comments we get on here sometimes, and too many people have an agenda that just can't be shaken.

The facts are the guy generally had a very good game, we only conceded one goal all match, surprisingly when he wasn't there to defend it. There was two clear infringements in the buildup to the goal, and now its been said he suffered an injury. So maybe instead of laying the blame constantly on people for no apparent reason, we need to start cutting our players some slack. Other than bringing down Mane in the Liverpool game, hes generally been solid in any matches he plays, but I've got to be brave to say that on here, because no matter what he will get blamed any time we drop points, whether he plays or not. Even our recent bad form is probably down to him too. 

Edited by Oli

The really crazy thing about Christensen is that for years he was the most highly coveted defender at youth level, who are these experts?!?, Jody Morris was speaking of him like the 2nd coming of Christ; swear the scouting at this club is just ran on ‘vibes’, Mad...

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Just an FYI for all the Shed End doctors on here who yet again have been proven... they know f**k all...

I was pissed, and I'll own it... you stay down like that, and you'd better be coming off... 

he should have come off if he was injured. From the moment Grealish dragged a leg back, Christensen only hurt himself and the team. Now those 2 points weren't only on him obviously, but it was so disappointing to see him get another chance and have it go by the way-side. I feel like he has to be about out of chances at the Club. He's 4th choice now...

• 1 month later...

After the starting lineups were announced, if you'd told me that one of our back three was about to put in a complete disaster of a performance and score a comedy own goal...

Really assured performance from Christensen tonight, I was very impressed. If he can put together a run of form similar to how he was playing in the middle of a back in 2017/18... I might stop moaning about Tomori for all of five minutes.

Seriously though - great stuff, hope he keeps it up.

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

He is showing a bit of steel, and he is so composed on the Ball, reminds me so much of John Stones

I'm not really seeing it. He had a good game tonight, but Christensen still seems unsure with his passing at times, he tends to chicken out of a forward pass if there are opposition players close by. Players like Stones don't really worry about opposition players being around them or near the teammate they are looking to pass to.

Thiago Silva is the player Christensen should be looking to learn from. Silva doesn't overthink or worry about if the pass can go wrong. If he see's a gap, he's playing the pass. Multiple times this season he has played passes that has taken out the oppositions midfield and put us on the front foot. 

Christensen biggest flaw is that he lacks bravery. He's very soft for a CB and it's something he needs to change if he wants to make it to the top.

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm not really seeing it. He had a good game tonight, but Christensen still seems unsure with his passing at times, he tends to chicken out of a forward pass if there are opposition players close by. Players like Stones don't really worry about opposition players being around them or near the teammate they are looking to pass to.

Thiago Silva is the player Christensen should be looking to learn from. Silva doesn't overthink or worry about if the pass can go wrong. If he see's a gap, he's playing the pass. Multiple times this season he has played passes that has taken out the oppositions midfield and put us on the front foot. 

Christensen biggest flaw is that he lacks bravery. He's very soft for a CB and it's something he needs to change if he wants to make it to the top.

No one 'Chickens out' passing the ball Forward like Zouma, hence why i think Tuch prefers Christensen?

Has done well covering for Silva and I think he might get the chance to hold his place when Silva returns to see if he can play alongside him. 
Never really been a fan but credit where credits due he deserves a run of games and looks more comfortable in a 3

On 28/12/2020 at 21:20, RIP Mourinho said:

Would JT stay on the floor in such a situation? A CB play acting like that in unforgivable. Soft of sh*t, should have sold him 2 or 3 windows ago. 

Such a shame Tomori has wasted a year of his career watching him too.

Did the same again last night. Stayed down to try and win a free kick then straight back on his feet when the ball is out of play. Too weak to be a centre half, would much rather have had Tomori stay.