Andreas Christensen

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 06/07/2021 at 09:13, Valerie said:

f**k the England team :tongue:  I'm totally with Andreas 🏴‍☠️

Mind you, I've switched allegiance about 5 times already these weeks :biggrin:

I am sticking with my initial pick. Team JORGINHO..🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Happy birthday by the way..🍾🍾🍾🎊🎊

3 hours ago, Valerie said:

I don't know enough of his fellow defenders, but Schmeichel is certainly not worse than Mendy, perhaps even better. 

Hmm is an interesting one that. Personally I think Mendy is better.

Also happy birthday Val 🙂

1 hour ago, Brigadeiro said:

Kjaer stole all the headlines on leadership with the Erikssen incident, but he's certainly no slouch either. I'd say he's finally fulfilled the potential that supposedly made Juventus and the Manchester clubs go for him way back when he was at Palermo. 

He is easily one of the best defenders in Serie A, and is definitely Milan's best. The only thing going against him is pace, but while he's not exactly on the same level as Thiago Silva it's all about reading the game and positioning (+ the leadership). 

Fair shout that. Let's see if they are as organized as a general TT team against England or if they are more like a TT/Frank side against WBA.

Edited by axman2526

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Hmm is an interesting one that. Personally I think Mendy is better.

Also happy birthday Val 🙂

Thank you Ax!

Mendy may be better, I don't know. I feel we've seen not enough of him yet. Can't wait to see him perform next season. 

Anyway, back to Christensen. I hope he stays. It had never occurred to me he might want to leave. :blush2:  Perhaps (if he does) he'll want to go back to Germany, having spent 2 years on loan there. For now, Denmark's national league is not at the level he is on when he's still young. 

10 hours ago, RMH said:

He was having a good game but left with some injury, I hope it’s nothing and he recovers soon.

:backsaway:

This is why I hate these international matches, way too many opportunities to get a nasty injury. I even worry for Chilwell, even though the poor guy hasn't played, he's still training.

• 1 month later...

Rumour has it he is in no rush to sign a new deal, and wants his agent to find out what options he has out there as he would be open to trying something new in Italy or Spain if a good proposal came his way.

However he is not dead set on a move and would be happy to stay if nothing of interest comes along for him to consider.

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Rumour has it he is in no rush to sign a new deal, and wants his agent to find out what options he has out there as he would be open to trying something new in Italy or Spain if a good proposal came his way.

However he is not dead set on a move and would be happy to stay if nothing of interest comes along for him to consider.

the team that will suit him best is Barca - but from the financial mess they are in, they arent signing new players anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Was pretty good throughout, though I did notice a few moments where he was at fault and we could have been punished. He was the one who lost Holding for the header which they really should have scored. He also got himself into no mans land when they played a through ball towards the end of the game at some point, I think it was when they overhit it and Mendy came out. But Christensen was neither closing down, nor dropping off. Just kind of stood there.

Guest Sindre
2 minutes ago, AndyDowsleftflank said:

Quite interesting as I thought there was no way back for him at the end of Lampards reign.  Just goes to show how important a functioning system is for the defenders, especially. 

Indeed.

You could mention Rudiger as well really. He had been really poor for a long time before Tuchel arrived and since February he's been a rock.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

No mention of any contract talks around him though. I suspect he will be on hos way to a City, Real, Barca or PSG next summer.

No way we're going to lose both Christensen and Rudi on a free next summer. Probably the club will offer them new deals as soon as the transfer market is over and the season settles a little bit.

9 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

No way we're going to lose both Christensen and Rudi on a free next summer. Probably the club will offer them new deals as soon as the transfer market is over and the season settles a little bit.

That is up to the two of them. They can refuse to sign.

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

That is up to the two of them. They can refuse to sign.

That would be an extremely unusual process, particularly twice! They're playing great but it's not exactly like they've outgrown the club or sth like that, they've only just come back from having fallen out of favour, would be insane to throw that away. And if someone wants to leave for some extraordinary personal reason one would for sure find an agreement that would help generate a transfer sum, like particularly higher wages for the rest of the season.

Despite this my money is strongly on there being no rush and no need to cram this into an already busy transfer window.

32 minutes ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

That would be an extremely unusual process, particularly twice! They're playing great but it's not exactly like they've outgrown the club or sth like that, they've only just come back from having fallen out of favour, would be insane to throw that away. And if someone wants to leave for some extraordinary personal reason one would for sure find an agreement that would help generate a transfer sum, like particularly higher wages for the rest of the season.

Despite this my money is strongly on there being no rush and no need to cram this into an already busy transfer window.

It depends right. They are two different cases.

Rudiger will be 29 next summer and his next contract is likely his last long term one. He could well want a new challange and a change of scenery to Paris or Madrid or a return to his home country in Munich. 

Maybe he wants a nice big paycheck and PSG or City would give him the biggest deal.

For Christensen he is younger but has been at the club a long time and is only recently getting the sort of minutes he wants. He certainly strikes me as someone who, if offered a key role and good wages at a another club he would certainly take note of it.

Edited by axman2526

13 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

It depends right. They are two different cases.

Rudiger will be 29 next summer and his next contract is likely his last long term one. He could well want a new challange and a change of scenery to Paris or Madrid or a return to his home country in Munich. 

Maybe he wants a nice big paycheck and PSG or City would give him the biggest deal.

For Christensen he is younger but has been at the club a long time and is only recently getting the sort of minutes he wants. He certainly strikes me as someone who, if offered a key role and good wages at a another club he would certainly take note of it.

Of course every player's situation is unique (even though I can't really distinguish the difference in your argument apart from their age) and it's absolutely possible that players have thoughts like this.

However the truth remains that we have lost a first team player we didn't want to lose exactly one time, and never on a free transfer (far from it in fact). Yes it seems to have happened a few times this summer so maybe there's a bit of a trend but so far our management of our players' contract situations has always been flawless. If they keep their current form I consider it extremely unlikely to see even one of them leave on a free next season, in part because they're not the typical candidates for that move:

- They haven't outgrown the club (Donnarumma)

- They're not super old (Silva, Ramos)

- They're not super young and stuck in their talent status

- They're settled in London and seem happy and well integrated in the club and team.

- They've only found their immense form quite recently and in tailor-made roles within a very specific system (unlike someone like Wijnaldum), so it's not like all CL contending clubs have been longing to have the two of them in their starting 11 for years. Do you think Rüdiger would be likelier to start every game for Bayern, PSG or Madrid?

- There's no reason why they would be offered significantly more money somewhere else. Yes they'd come on a free transfer but for Chelsea extending is like a free transfer too.

- I don't understand your argument about Christensen, it sounds like he'd be thinking "if only I had gotten what I want earlier. Now that I've only gotten it so recently I should probably go elsewhere to find the same thing." I'm sure every true sports professional would be proud of sth they worked hard to achieve, not feel cheated they had to work for it.

- They're at one of the most promising and balanced clubs in Europe and would probably find it hard not to downgrade (unless they went to ManCity)

Therefore, if they keep their form, I'm 70% sure both of them will still be at the club 2022/23 and 90% sure neither of them will move for free.

2 minutes ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

Of course every player's situation is unique (even though I can't really distinguish the difference in your argument apart from their age) and it's absolutely possible that players have thoughts like this.

However the truth remains that we have lost a first team player we didn't want to lose exactly one time, and never on a free transfer (far from it in fact). Yes it seems to have happened a few times this summer so maybe there's a bit of a trend but so far our management of our players' contract situations has always been flawless. If they keep their current form I consider it extremely unlikely to see even one of them leave on a free next season, in part because they're not the typical candidates for that move:

- They haven't outgrown the club (Donnarumma)

- They're not super old (Silva, Ramos)

- They're not super young and stuck in their talent status

- They're settled in London and seem happy and well integrated in the club and team.

- They've only found their immense form quite recently and in tailor-made roles within a very specific system (unlike someone like Wijnaldum), so it's not like all CL contending clubs have been longing to have the two of them in their starting 11 for years. Do you think Rüdiger would be likelier to start every game for Bayern, PSG or Madrid?

- There's no reason why they would be offered significantly more money somewhere else. Yes they'd come on a free transfer but for Chelsea extending is like a free transfer too.

- I don't understand your argument about Christensen, it sounds like he'd be thinking "if only I had gotten what I want earlier. Now that I've only gotten it so recently I should probably go elsewhere to find the same thing." I'm sure every true sports professional would be proud of sth they worked hard to achieve, not feel cheated they had to work for it.

- They're at one of the most promising and balanced clubs in Europe and would probably find it hard not to downgrade (unless they went to ManCity)

Therefore, if they keep their form, I'm 70% sure both of them will still be at the club 2022/23 and 90% sure neither of them will move for free.

What I meant about Andreas is thst he has been a Chelsea player a long time even if he has not been a first team regular for long. Maybe he might fancy going to a different country.

I don't know the man, is speculation. Is just odd we have allowed both him and Toni to get in to their final years. Can be sure both their agents will have had enquirys from top clubs already.

Would be interesting to see what his defensive record has been like since Tuchel has joined. Must be like 90% clean sheets and a few goals at most. 

He was injured near the end of the season when we dropped those points, and lost in the FA Cup final. I also dont think he played in that West Brom game. 

He has really turned into an elite defender in the league now, and will be integral if we are to win the league this year.