T-val

Andreas Christensen

1 minute ago, TrueBlueBIH said:

We have inserted a buy back clause. Then again he shouldn't have been sold, he is doing so well at Bournemouth.

Agreed, always looked like a potential top player here with us when he played, and has all the ball skill necessary to succeed under Sarri

Indeed, almost like he’s seen very little game time for most of the season... oh wait.

Everyone is quick to jump on our young players but in the Sarri thread will blindly defend him to any criticism.

I didn’t manage to catch the game last night but Christensen has seen very little action this season and most of the time it’s been with a makeshift team in the EL etc. He also played on the left I’ve read alongside Alonso (who is in his worst form for us probably since he signed) which I’m sure doesn’t help. People have constantly said the formation and tactics leaves the defence exposed as an excuse for Luiz etc but Christensen should be sold? But hypocritical. 

Personally, I’d be more inclined to cut our youth players some slack but whatever floats your boat. I’m not saying he’s the next Terry but he was quality for a decent part of last season.

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Indeed, almost like he’s seen very little game time for most of the season... oh wait.

Everyone is quick to jump on our young players but in the Sarri thread will blindly defend him to any criticism.

I didn’t manage to catch the game last night but Christensen has seen very little action this season and most of the time it’s been with a makeshift team in the EL etc. He also played on the left I’ve read alongside Alonso (who is in his worst form for us probably since he signed) which I’m sure doesn’t help. People have constantly said the formation and tactics leaves the defence exposed as an excuse for Luiz etc but Christensen should be sold? But hypocritical. 

Personally, I’d be more inclined to cut our youth players some slack but whatever floats your boat. I’m not saying he’s the next Terry but he was quality for a decent part of last season.

He was decent because he was played in the centre of the back 3 so always had someone to cover for him. Giving the ball away needlessly last night had nothing to do with the defensive line or the compactness of the team.

Edited by the special one

Opinion of Andreas seems mixed amongst fans this season. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/17/football-transfer-rumours-chelseas-andreas-christensen-to-barcelona

Personally, it is no surprise for me to see another big European club linked with him. 

I think he needs regular game time, so wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. 

Is this something we might regret? I think so

1 hour ago, Nickcook26 said:

It is. 

And we'd be stupid to let both him and Cahill go unless we have something lined up. 

But he doesn't deserve to be in the team. Luiz and Rudiger are playing well enough not to be dropped, and when he has played he hasn't played well enough to even ask that question of Sarri. 

4 hours ago, Nickcook26 said:

Opinion of Andreas seems mixed amongst fans this season. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/17/football-transfer-rumours-chelseas-andreas-christensen-to-barcelona

Personally, it is no surprise for me to see another big European club linked with him. 

I think he needs regular game time, so wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. 

I would be very surprised if he left on loan to barca in January. It would leave us short, and he would still be 3rd choice, possibly even lower once umtiti gets back fit. 

Spanish papers saying we blocked a move to Barca twice already. 

He may not be fully fit but we cant keep a clean sheet and Luiz is both aging and out of contract this summer. He should be able to get in the team. Idk how he thinks he'll get more time at Barca behind Umtiti, Pique and Vermaelen 

17 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Spanish papers saying we blocked a move to Barca twice already. 

He may not be fully fit but we cant keep a clean sheet and Luiz is both aging and out of contract this summer. He should be able to get in the team. Idk how he thinks he'll get more time at Barca behind Umtiti, Pique and Vermaelen 

Vermaelen is crap, Pique is getting old and very slow. He could game in Barca if up for it. He can do well here if given a decent chance and motivated. Lets hope all this racism in Italy plays with koulibaly's head, he would be an amazing addition with us and Rudi can convince him. But sadly we wont pay 80-90M for him........seemingly utd will. If we can get good money for this boy and add the rest it would make our defence much better.

Posted (edited)

He did do well last night - he get's a pass from me. :laugh2:

I compare him to Lindelof really, or Rob Holding - also very good young CBs - whether that's good enough to compete for top 4 remains to be seen. 

Edited by the special one

5 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Shame he missed our best chance though.

He is an awful finisher even for a defender, he has missed some sitters for us. I remember one in the Atlético game last year he should've scored, and I'm sure there's been a couple more aswell. 

Pity the chance fell to him of all players.

1 minute ago, big blue said:

He is an awful finisher even for a defender, he has missed some sitters for us. I remember one in the Atlético game last year he should've scored, and I'm sure there's been a couple more aswell. 

Just a shame the one he did get right the keeper made the save of the season to tip it on the post.

1 minute ago, big blue said:

You are right he has missed a lot of sitters although to be to him at least when he goes up for a corner he causes problems. Nothing worse than defenders going up for corner after corner and never doing anything.

12 minutes ago, Argo said:

Just a shame the one he did get right the keeper made the save of the season to tip it on the post.

Which one was that? is that the Atlético one? memory is shot!

On 10/01/2019 at 00:36, big blue said:

Agreed. Second worst finisher at the club ahead of Morata.

2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Agreed. Second worst finisher at the club ahead of Morata.

There is a few contenders for that crown. You can add Kovacic and Jorginho to the mix as well.

35 minutes ago, just said:

There is a few contenders for that crown. You can add Kovacic and Jorginho to the mix as well.

Difference being we didn't pay 60m for them to score goals as their primary job :face_palm: