T-val

Andreas Christensen

Christensen has been a rock recently. Hes probably our best actual defender too. And yes it was just once, but he put in a sublime ball for Hudson Odoi few days back to score. 

Im tired of all of our exteemely talented youngsters being alinated like that. You got the top teams in Europe all after him, yet Sarri is so stubborn he would rather we lose all our young talent. And yet we have to put up with shocking displays like that from luiz who knows no matter what he will never be dropped and who has 1 year in him at most left, same with willian and pedro re CHO

14 hours ago, just said:

All defenders, like all players, make mistakes. Christensen included.

But I can't think of any who make basic defensive errors with the regularity of David Luiz nor over such a prolonged period time. As I have said on another thread he is capable of wildly different levels of performance. Sometimes in the same match.

Agreed of course they do but Christensen under Conte and this season under Sarri makes just as many mistakes as Luiz. But with playing Christensen instead of Luiz you dont get the passing ability or the leadership, determination and his passion like the recent Spurs game. Christensen personality reflects the way he plays, no aggression, timid, gets pushed off the ball easily. He has improved in recent games like Spurs away but id still play Luiz.

25 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Christensen under Conte and this season under Sarri makes just as many mistakes as Luiz. But with playing Christensen instead of Luiz you dont get the passing ability or the leadership

but you also get the hope of improving with experience. You don't get that with 32 year old players. You get that with 23 year old players. 

You get the confidence to try one of those Luiz type of diagonal balls to an 18 year old winger for a goal. You see it works and you try it again, and again, and again... you improve...

If we're going to struggle. I want to struggle with players who's future is ahead of them not behind them.

He brings a calmness to the defence. I've always like him, even at youth level you could see was such a classy player. 

I also think the way he moves up into midfield is a nice change from the diagonal balls Luiz and rudiger spam.

Imagine theres been fans saying we could get rid. Yet again another commanding performance. He can only get better at his age. 

8 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

I want to see him and Rudi start together more often. This month especially we've got some quick attacks to face and Luiz is still a step behind the pace. 

Yeah I hadn’t realised just how quick he is until yesterday’s “penalty” incident.

Christensen bringing the ball into midfield has made a big difference to our attack, I’d like to see him play often.

The only trouble is all it takes is one misplaced pass from Christensen in midfield and we’ll be awfully exposed.

”[There was] a lot of talk but it was quickly made clear that the club still saw me as someone who would play. Of course thats really nice to hear so I just have to keep proving my self. I think I’ve been good the last few times I’ve got the chance and then I can only hope that I’ll be selected more often.”

“Obviously I had a lot of doubts but once the club assured me I am needed, it really wasn’t that hard for me to accept. I’ve been in the club for many years and I still love being here. It’s solely because of the playing time that the transfer consideration started. But I’m looking forward and I’ve come to terms with the situation.”

-Andreas Christensen

Interesting quote; he's the one I would have suspected to leave and mistrust guarentee over playing time. I also get the hint Luiz may be gone after this season given his contract situation. 

Glad to see he's willing to stick it out here

I’d like to know who it was that he spoke to, as he says it was ‘the club’ so I assume it wasn’t Sarri, who other than sarri can be making claims about playing time? Either they have some influence over it or they don’t see Sarri being here for very long because as it stands, he won’t drop the likes of Luiz no matter how sh*te a defender he is.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I’d like to know who it was that he spoke to, as he says it was ‘the club’ so I assume it wasn’t Sarri, who other than sarri can be making claims about playing time? Either they have some influence over it or they don’t see Sarri being here for very long because as it stands, he won’t drop the likes of Luiz no matter how sh*te a defender he is.

I was thinking the same thing. Did he speak with Marina? Or his agent did?

Too many of these back channel communications for me. I'm not Sarri's biggest fan right now to say the least, but for players to have a direct line going behind the manager...........surely this is just another one of those little things that show why our club culture is as toxic and dysfunctional as it is? 

Edited by dustbin719

Should be playing over Rudiger imo. I like Rudiger's personality but has been very poor for a while now and equally as naive as Luiz at times. At least Luiz is bringing the passing ability with him.

21 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Should be playing over Rudiger imo. I like Rudiger's personality but has been very poor for a while now and equally as naive as Luiz at times. At least Luiz is bringing the passing ability with him.

Rudiger seems to escape criticism for some reason. He is a solid enough player, but in terms of some the great centre backs we've had in the last 20 years, hes not even close. I was hoping he would develop into a really dominant centre back, but he needs to do more in my opinion.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11674926/andreas-christensen-trapped-with-chelsea-keen-to-keep-players

Interesting comments from Andreas. You can interpret from this that he clearly wants to leave. I can't blame him for wanting out. Completely understandable when the first eleven is effectively a closed shop and the manager doesn't trust young players 

Keeping players against their will result in an unhappy camp and seasons like we have had this year will only continue.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Should have Rudiger's spot in the starting 11 tbh.

I like Rudiger and think he is one of the better players in the squad. However, I also feel Sarri has man-managed his squad poorly over the season which is principally he finds himself with an unhappy player.

Edited by Nickcook26
Typo