Andreas Christensen

I think he is a great footballing centre half BUT we just do not have the players around him to suit his style just like stones at city. In the middle of a 3 and he would thrive but in a 2 he’s a liability. 
franks stubbornness is another factor 

20 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

I think he is a great footballing centre half BUT we just do not have the players around him to suit his style just like stones at city. In the middle of a 3 and he would thrive but in a 2 he’s a liability. 
franks stubbornness is another factor 

I don’t think he is a great footballing centre half.. tackles are a big part of football which include aerial duels.... which he is very average at currently... the point about him being good at the ball with his feet.. I have hardly seen him stride out or hit 60 yard passes.. I think he is still learning but at a very slow pace.. he currently plays like a poor man’s Johnny Evans.

I really like Christensen and still think he has great potential but most likely not with us. His confidence just looks shot at the moment, looks a shadow of the former fantastic ball playing defender the likes of Barca where after a few windows ago. 

He's the type of defender that only does well in one particular type of defensive structure, the system used by teams like Liverpool and City. It's no surprise he's not doing well right now, we don't really have any defensive system in place. 

3 hours ago, Nibs said:

Yep. Thought up to the goal he was our best player last night. But that goal changed the game and you do have to wonder if he is too lightweight to ever become a top CB. Another night where I long for the return of JT................................................

JT was commenting on the international feed and was not kind about him going down from the blood nose let alone going off.

Firmly believe that Andreas will have a great career in a league that isn't as physical. I wish him well. 

As for us I also believe that our first signing in the summer. Should be an experienced organising centre back with a winning mentality (Jerome Boateng would fit the bill) followed closely by a return for John Terry as coach to sort out our diabolical defence.

Edited by Spiller86

Every game he's let one of two headers fly over his head, let's not make it about the broken nose or luck. If he's injured, should have quit on the spot instead of staying on and not making an effort. Physically, he's just not strong or quick enough at this level, and he's not the smartest either.

6 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Every game he's let one of two headers fly over his head, let's not make it about the broken nose or luck. If he's injured, should have quit on the spot instead of staying on and not making an effort. Physically, he's just not strong or quick enough at this level, and he's not the smartest either.

And: "It's about the attitude. Do you quit or do you soldier on. Even worse coming off after you've f**ked up and conceded the goal." 

--

He can't win, can he? 

2 minutes ago, Ph.c. said:

And: "It's about the attitude. Do you quit or do you soldier on. Even worse coming off after you've f**ked up and conceded the goal." 

--

He can't win, can he? 

No, not with the way he's been playing. Assume he has a good attitude, his skill set couldn't back it up

8 minutes ago, Ph.c. said:

--

He can't win, can he? 

When attitude, intelligence and physicality are questioned there's not a lot left... least he is a good passer.

5 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

When attitude, intelligence and physicality are questioned there's not a lot left... least he is a good passer.

Point was, one fan blames him for not playing on with a broken nose, another fan blames him for not asking to be subbed. 

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

He’s actually very quick. I noticed it in a match once and was surprised.

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Is he though? Does he have an assist to his name to date? When was the last time you've seen him spotting an attacker's run with a great pinpoint long range pass from the back? Unless we're talking about passing the ball between two centrebacks in their own half, in which case Zouma is a good passer too.

Let's just admit that he's not great at anything and quite average at some very vital aspects of defending. He's weak both physically and mentally, regularly gets beaten in the air and outmuscled in the ground and there's always a mistake in him. Just get rid.

we should have sold AC milan him in jan for the 35m and also sold them bakayoko as well as he wants to go there. And in turn we could have got Romagnoli in return as hes a superior CB to christensen who has not lived upto the hype he originally had

3 hours ago, driller97 said:

we should have sold AC milan him in jan for the 35m and also sold them bakayoko as well as he wants to go there. And in turn we could have got Romagnoli in return as hes a superior CB to christensen who has not lived upto the hype he originally had

Bakayoko wants to go there? He spent last year being racially abused over there so went back to France, what makes you think he wants to go back to Italy lmao.

3 hours ago, abramovich said:

Is he though? Does he have an assist to his name to date? When was the last time you've seen him spotting an attacker's run with a great pinpoint long range pass from the back? Unless we're talking about passing the ball between two centrebacks in their own half, in which case Zouma is a good passer too.

Let's just admit that he's not great at anything and quite average at some very vital aspects of defending. He's weak both physically and mentally, regularly gets beaten in the air and outmuscled in the ground and there's always a mistake in him. Just get rid.

My thoughts on his current level of play.. he is just weak!

15 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Bakayoko wants to go there? He spent last year being racially abused over there so went back to France, what makes you think he wants to go back to Italy lmao.

Have you not seen his recent social media postings and how he went to go watch their games?

He definitely prefers to go there over Chelsea or Monaco where he is currently. The only reason his move to AC wasnt made permanent was because ilan lost their UCL spot so couldnt afford him. both milan and bakyoko wanted it

22 hours ago, abramovich said:

He's never been a good passer in my book, I'm always confused when people say this. I would say that's his biggest weakness, even more than his aerial ability. He's a good player, but he's not Chelsea material for me, if we can get a good deal for him, I would take it. I think we should be investing this season into Tomori to see what type of defender he's capable of turning into, I really like what I see in him, only time will tell. But having said that, I do remember saying this with Christensen when he came back from Germany, that's the gamble with youngsters though isn't it. 

But like @Remodez said, his confidence has been shot since the Barcelona game, I've not seen that same Christensen since then, it's a real shame. Before that game he was an absolute beast of a defender. 

8 minutes ago, Slojo said:

He's never been a good passer in my book, I'm always confused when people say this. I would say that's his biggest weakness, even more than his aerial ability. He's a good player, but he's not Chelsea material for me, if we can get a good deal for him, I would take it. I think we should be investing this season into Tomori to see what type of defender he's capable of turning into, I really like what I see in him, only time will tell. But having said that, I do remember saying this with Christensen when he came back from Germany, that's the gamble with youngsters though isn't it. 

But like @Remodez said, his confidence has been shot since the Barcelona game, I've not seen that same Christensen since then, it's a real shame. Before that game he was an absolute beast of a defender. 

I have to agree which is unfortunate. Maybe its just time for him to move on and flourish elsewhere. I can easily see him becoming a top CB at a club like Barca.

Personally I would sell him to milan who were interested in buying him for around 30-35m.

Knowing it is now a broken nose it just grates more that we did not get the benefit from Martial's challenge.

Next time we see him he will be one of the masked 'crusaders' I recall we had a number a few years ago, Oscar, Azpi, spring to mind yet think there were others too.