Andreas Christensen

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Very solid again tonight. The fact some people were looking to blame us being 3-0 on him is absolutely laughable and really highlights how strong some posters agenda against him is. A country mile ahead of any other defender on the park tonight and up with Mason as our best performer overall in the game. 

Am very much with this.

After Zouma's mysterious absence against West Brom, maybe Frank is working on his defense in case Rüdiger can't be sold by tomorrow, pointing out that all CBs have to stay home at some point in this big squad and that Rüdiger was always part of his plans...

But maybe there's another, less useless explanation

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Need him because his home grown status, and easier to get Rudiger off the payroll than Christensen. I could be wrong, but there weren't any clubs keen in Christensen. When Sarr finally comes in, doubt there will be  a spot for Christensen.

Homegrown status is an interesting one. From my measure we have James, Tomori, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham club home grown and then Chilwell as England home-grown. 

I think Billy Gilmour would count as well if needed. We're almost at the point where we could sacrifice him if needed. 

For Sarr isn't at the same level as even Christensen. He'll be heading on loan I'd imagine. He won't be playing otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

In our defence again and we concede 3 goals. Not a coincidence. 

Aye, you’re right 100% his fault that Havertz is f**king about with the ball in a stupid area of the pitch.

Zouma & Kepa thought they were doing their best impression of Abbott & Costello.

And of course, how could we forget it’s his fault that James gives away a cheap free kick in the dying minutes of the game.

You're right, these are all Christensen’s fault, he really should be avoiding these silly mistakes at this point. I mean does he not know how to use mind control on his teammates?! Absurd.

The obsession some on this board have with him verges on creepy. It’s actually getting to be worse than the days of Mikel, Kalou etc scapegoating. Anyone in the team makes a f**k up - Christensens fault. He’s in the stadium on game day & we concede? Christensen fault. Get a grip man.

Actually i thought he had a decent game. Got into a few tackles and much more assured than zouma this last match.

Our record last season with Alonso starting

P29 W18 D2 L9 8 clean sheets 

Our record last season without Alonso

P26 W9 D5 L12 5 clean sheets

I hope for the sake of consistentcy you regard Alonso as the second coming of Jesus if team metrics are what you judge individuals on.

Needs to find his voice, bulk up and concentrate at all times. 

We need him to mature fast enough to win something or else we have to pay the physio team overtime to get Silva fit and ready for all the games.

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Aye, you’re right 100% his fault that Havertz is f**king about with the ball in a stupid area of the pitch.

Zouma & Kepa thought they were doing their best impression of Abbott & Costello.

And of course, how could we forget it’s his fault that James gives away a cheap free kick in the dying minutes of the game.

You're right, these are all Christensen’s fault, he really should be avoiding these silly mistakes at this point. I mean does he not know how to use mind control on his teammates?! Absurd.

The obsession some on this board have with him verges on creepy. It’s actually getting to be worse than the days of Mikel, Kalou etc scapegoating. Anyone in the team makes a f**k up - Christensens fault. He’s in the stadium on game day & we concede? Christensen fault. Get a grip man.

Spot on. It’s just ridiculous. As I said on the  match thread, you’re perfectly entitled to not rate Chrtistensen. But this wasn’t the weekend to go all pedal to the metal with that opinion. If you’re so convinced of how terrible he is, surely you should be confident that it’s only a matter of time before he puts in a poor performance or makes a howler. THEN you can vent to your heart’s content and I (EB too i imagine) won’t object. But until that moment comes, just focus on something else. Yesterday he provided zero evidence either for the prosecution or the defence. He’s just not a talking point for now.

On 18/10/2020 at 13:41, EdinburghBlue said:

f**king hell, if only you could apply this to Jorginho. 

Forget about his horrific defending. The guy is 1.88, CB, he's  been a regular starter for 4 seasons. How in the world has he not been able to score one freaking goal? How soft, useless piece of work should you be and how little of a presence should you  have, to avoid situations, to hide in all them corners and set pieces to not get lucky once and score a goddamn goal? 

This guy is  hopeless. He's got zero qualities, zero. Not a great passer, not a good positioning, he is not proverbial with tackles and recovers, he is soft and get beaten easily and on top of that he is the worst CB in terms of opponents box presence maybe EVER. 4 years for top club and not a single goal... as CB, not DM, not LB/RB. CB are supposed to score goals

We are not being obsessed with him, we are too soft with him. He should have been gone long ago. 

Edited by Droopy
18 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Forget about his horrific defending. The guy is 1.88, CB, he's  been a regular starter for 4 seasons. How in the world has he not been able to score one freaking goal? How soft, useless piece of work should you be and how little of a presence should you  have, to avoid situations, to hide in all them corners and set pieces to not get lucky once and score a goddamn goal? 

This guy is  hopeless. He's got zero qualities, zero. Not a great passer, not a good positioning, he is not proverbial with tackles and recovers, he is soft and get beaten easily and on top of that he is the worst CB in terms of opponents box presence maybe EVER. 4 years for top club and not a single goal... as CB, not DM, not LB/RB. CB are supposed to score goals

We are not being obsessed with him, we are too soft with him. He should have been gone long ago. 

You really are a bit of a prick, aren't you?

What the truth hurt your feelings or what? Are you softer than Christensen? Please feel free to oppose to what I said with arguments, your wit won't impress me much

1.88 CB, regular starter for 4 years - 0 goals. Zero. Facts. Softie

Edited by Droopy
19 minutes ago, Droopy said:

What the truth hurt your feelings or what? Are you softer than Christensen? Please feel free to oppose to what I said with arguments, your wit won't impress me much

1.88 CB, regular starter for 4 years - 0 goals. Zero. Facts. Softie

You’re absolutely right. This is 100% THE main criterion on which Christensen should be judged. I mean why can’t people see this? I’m reminded of people‘s ridiculous insistence that Drogba be judged by the amount of goals he scored. But anyone who understands football should know that match-winning/saving tackles is the far more important criterion for a striker. And you know what - not once in all those years at Chelsea did Drogba make a match-saving tackle. Yes you heard me correctly! Not once! None! Zero! 0! Nil! And the guy was like 188 and built like a tank. I never rated him much for that reason.

Edited by Dean