Forgotten Players That Scored Great Goals

4 hours ago, Osgood is Good said:

I had forgotten this goal, what a brilliant move, in particular Fillery's part, what a good player Fillery was. 

Yes, a fantastic goal. Seem to remember it was second in goal of the season.

Fillery was a tremendous midfielder. I was gutted when he left us for QPR the summer we signed Dixon, Nevin and Sparkman, and have often wondered how he'd have fitted in to that side. I'm not sure he would have, but he had the ability to really shine. Like most players who leave us, his career didn't exactly take off after he left. You have to be insane to think leaving us for QPR is a good move, as Tommy Langley has admitted.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

@luckywerthers I was close too, a cracking goal. A day of shame for me was when the Lower North turned on him after he missed the penalty when we lost to Millwall in the Cup.

Thankfully i never witnessed that. He was always one of my favourite players, always gave it the lot and never backed down how ever physical it got

13 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

@luckywerthers I was close too, a cracking goal. A day of shame for me was when the Lower North turned on him after he missed the penalty when we lost to Millwall in the Cup.

10 hours ago, luckywerthers said:

Thankfully i never witnessed that. He was always one of my favourite players, always gave it the lot and never backed down how ever physical it got

A wonderful player who as luckywerthers has said always gave his all. A great signing from Rangers. He would probably played more times for the Glasgow club but was competing against the likes of McCoist, Fleck and Hateley.

That goal in Vienna was wonderful.

Just watched the highlights of the 3-3 between us and Arsenal at Highbury in season 96-97. A great pass from Spencer to Wise who scored the last minute equaliser in front of the North Bank. I was in the North Bank that night and thought to myself that if I start jumping around and celebrating that I would lynched.

• 1 year later...