Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Why? Hudson Odoi was the only attacking option left after the club ever so wisely sent Michy on loan to Dortmund before his replacement was available for selection. 

Wasn’t it Conte that sent him on loan, together with 2 LB’s & Musonda, and whines about transfers?

I'd love to know what on earth they do in the dressing room before the game to cause our team to come out so listless and passive at the beginning of pretty much all our games .... certainly can't be much motivational talk, punching of lockers and other adrenaline-raising activity.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

Need to bring Terry back and get him involved in the coaching, he wouldn't put up for going out un-motivated.

I said the same thing a few weeks back, his influence around the club even when he wasn’t playing was massive and it’s a big miss for us now. 

10 hours ago, abramovich said:

While Conte has to carry some of the blame for the current predicament, any other manager that takes his place would still face the same problems. The same penny pinching board and the same inexplicable treatment CFC managers get after they win a major trophy. I'm used to the idea that if you do well and succeed, you're supposed to get rewarded. That's how it works everywhere. Except, for some mysterious reason, at Chelsea FC. Ancelotti never got any help, Mourinho got next to nothing in the summer of 2015, and now Conte is the latest example of how the club treats those who bring here titles and fame. That short-termism has brought us some success but ultimately, at some point you're bound to pay the price for it. And that's what we're doing now. There were warning signs in the past, of course.

Also, I agree with those that are unhappy with the fact that we've recently spent a lot of of money on average players. But that's also part of our modus operandi, why spend 100m on two top class fullbacks when you can spend the same amount on one crappy fullback, one crappy midfielder and one so-so midfielder and probably save on wages, too? I know people like to talk sh*t about Marina and I've done my share, but seriously, she's just an employee doing what she's told. I'm sure it would make her job so much easier if she could just throw money around like we did back in 2003-06. But she's got orders, just like everybody else.

I think the club was taken by surprise on how crazy the transfer business has become. They bought into the idea that FFP is legit and changed things around dramatically in order to develop a sustainable model. Instead the likes of City and PSG took the financial doping into whole new level and that hurt us badly.

My thoughts exactly. I feel very disillusioned with the club right now and with how it is run.  

Last season’s title masked the same old problems, and I’m done with it. The board always promises years of stability and support to a manager, but never deliver. If your manager is successful, you stand by him. That’s the bottom line.

Couldn’t really give a toss about the rest of the season. Watching us scramble to a top four finish before inevitably sacking the manager and starting all over again? Not for me. 

This all stems back to the row with Costa, but guess what? You back the manager. The one who’s just won you the title. If the club didn’t want Conte here this season, as is clearly the case, they should’ve had the balls to sack him last year.

Edited by Elliott

17 minutes ago, Elliott said:

My thoughts exactly. I feel very disillusioned with the club right now and with how it is run.  

Last season’s title masked the same old problems, and I’m done with it. The board always promises years of stability and support to a manager, but never deliver. If your manager is successful, you stand by him. That’s the bottom line.

Couldn’t really give a toss about the rest of the season. Watching us scramble to a top four finish before inevitably sacking the manager and starting all over again? Not for me. 

This all stems back to the row with Costa, but guess what? You back the manager. The one who’s just won you the title. If the club didn’t want Conte here this season, as is clearly the case, they should’ve had the balls to sack him last year.

We have had years of stability, with two strong core group of players that have led us to many pieces of silverware. There's more ways to achieve stability than having the same manager for years.

Rewind 2 years when we in the bottom half of the table....

If you'd told me then (in 2 years time) we will be 4th and in the knock-out stages of the champions league (after winning the league the previous year)....

Short memories....

15 hours ago, enigma said:

Who did he want then? Nainggolan? The guy who doesn't want to leave rome? Nobody knows who he wants, it's all rumour really unless we hewr directly from the board. 

No the speculation was he wanted Vidal, that's who we were linked with. Watch his press conference on Barkley, the first thing he says "he's English" 

You could tell he wasn't happy with the signing. 

Edited by Slojo

12 hours ago, Amputechture said:

I find it bizarre that Conte is under such scrutiny by the media and fans alike, while his counterpart, Mourinho, whose team is a mere three points ahead, is touted as someone who's in for the long haul having recently signed a new contract.

If it weren't for City and the ridiculous season they're having, we'd be challenging for the title having won it just last season. When was the last time a club managed two consecutive Premier League titles?

We've over-achieved last season, and we're well in contention for a top four spot this year.

Happy days... For me anyway.

Then why isn't it happy days for Conte? Why is he sulking on the sidelines, why does he look depressed at press conferences and saying that his own players aren't good enough to win a league they've just won last year. 

I don't see anything happy about it quite honestly, if you're looking at it in the most positive way then sure, but it's quite clear we've had an awful transfer window and we're probably on the verge of getting a new manager again. 

15 hours ago, Amputechture said:

“I find it bizarre that Conte is under such scrutiny by the media and fans alike, while his counterpart, Mourinho, whose team is a mere three points ahead, is touted as someone who's in for the long haul having recently signed a new contract.“

I don’t know why you find it bizarre?. Isn’t it also bizarre that Conte is “under so much scrutiny” from our own fans standing as we are in the League knowing the club management he is working under? Roman has built this Club to where it is now but there are downsides to his regime. And they are manifesting themselves for all to see. 

6 hours ago, Slojo said:

Then why isn't it happy days for Conte? Why is he sulking on the sidelines, why does he look depressed at press conferences and saying that his own players aren't good enough to win a league they've just won last year. 

I don't see anything happy about it quite honestly, if you're looking at it in the most positive way then sure, but it's quite clear we've had an awful transfer window and we're probably on the verge of getting a new manager again. 

I think we've had a great transfer window. Three great squad players for £50m. You aren't meant to buy first team players in Jan, rarely works out.

Why is he sulking? He wants to get sacked for the pay out. It's obvious to me. I think we should have parted company by now because Conte won't beat Barca and we will finish 5th. He's out the door in the summer. If he wasn't, he'd have signed the contract extension.

21 hours ago, Zeta said:

Need to bring Terry back and get him involved in the coaching, he wouldn't put up for going out un-motivated.

this is probably like cursing in the church, but terry and lamps have been a part of teams (scolari, avb, third season in mou's second spell) underperforming more than this chelsea side, who i think are performing pretty accordingly to expectations.

23 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'd love to know what on earth they do in the dressing room before the game to cause our team to come out so listless and passive at the beginning of pretty much all our games .... certainly can't be much motivational talk, punching of lockers and other adrenaline-raising activity.

Well I have seen Joe Hart in the tunnel before k.o ranting like a madmen yet I would hesitate before saying we should sign him. 

You would hope it is Azpi or Captain Courageous (or at times perhaps Captain Calamitous) Cahill that take on this role. 

“About Giroud, we’re talking about an international player with a lot of experience. A player who plays for the national team. He is 31 years old. We are not talking about a young player. For this reason, our expectation is for him to help us. Also because I asked for this type of player, with this characteristics, from my club. And the club gave me this opportunity with Giroud.”

100% media driven Conte is at odds with the club