Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Conte is an overrated manager, we won the title with him as there was no real competition. Pep had a mediocre first season with City, Klopp also had an average start with liverpool, Man U have been a shadow of what they once where since purple nose left, Arsenal were Arsenal and Spurs were Spurs. Conte's performance in his second season was pathetic.  
Haha[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

So what you're saying is that Conte was able to get better results out of our team in a shorter space of time than his rivals were from their own sides? But this makes him overrated? 

People on this forum compare the performance of Conte at Chelsea and Sarri at Chelsea. Conte, Joined when Pep and Klopp were struggling to get their teams into top gear. Whereas, when Sarri joined when City and Liverpool were excelling. 

People who write off Sarri because Conte won the league in his first season and Sarri didn't, forget that Conte had a competent center forward and Sarri didn't, and as I said before Conte had far less competition for the title than Sarri did. 

3 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

People on this forum compare the performance of Conte at Chelsea and Sarri at Chelsea. Conte, Joined when Pep and Klopp were struggling to get their teams into top gear. Whereas, when Sarri joined when City and Liverpool were excelling. 

People who write off Sarri because Conte won the league in his first season and Sarri didn't, forget that Conte had a competent center forward and Sarri didn't, and as I said before Conte had far less competition for the title than Sarri did. 

But this is nothing to do with Sarri, your original argument was:

"Conte is an overrated manager, we won the title with him as there was no real competition."

So ignoring the Sarri stuff. You now say Conte "Joined when Pep and Klopp were struggling to get their teams into top gear." So Conte got Chelsea "into gear" in his first season unlike his rival managers and managed to win 30 league games and finish with 93 points (a point tally better than the previous 11 winners) on route to winning us the title. 

So how exactly does this make Conte overrated? 

2 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Conte is an overrated manager, we won the title with him as there was no real competition. Pep had a mediocre first season with City, Klopp also had an average start with liverpool, Man U have been a shadow of what they once where since purple nose left, Arsenal were Arsenal and Spurs were Spurs. Conte's performance in his second season was pathetic.  

He isn't overrated. However, I would agree to some extent that he did have it much easier than other managers. We didn't have any European football for a start,  which is a major benefit during a long PL season.

Also, I agree that City and Liverpool were nowhere close to where they are now. Nevertheless he did win the league and FA Cup here so should be applauded for that. Also, what Conte did in Italy cannot be denied. 

1 hour ago, wallosh said:
On 12/05/2019 at 20:03, ducavis said:
Nope.. not with Ronaldo at Juve. 

You probably underrate Conte. City and United had a better squad than ours when he won the league with us, and that was with a team Jose felt weren't good enough to finish in the top 4 position.

Difference here is Ronaldo is one of the greatest players ever, and still guarantees 20 league goals. Couple that with the fact Juve has won 7 league titles consecutively, can cherry pick the biggest talents in Serie A when they want to, and can outspend every other team.

Sorry I just can’t see it but let’s watch how it plays out.

Difference here is Ronaldo is one of the greatest players ever, and still guarantees 20 league goals. Couple that with the fact Juve has won 7 league titles consecutively, can cherry pick the biggest talents in Serie A when they want to, and can outspend every other team.
Sorry I just can’t see it but let’s watch how it plays out.
Yeah, let's wait and see. Nobody would have put there money on us winning the league in Conte's first season. Yet he did it.
When Juventus came from the second division, nobody put there money on them to win the league, yet they did it with Conte.

On 12/05/2019 at 19:30, B&Wlegends said:

Sorry to see Antonio coaching such a sh*tty and ridiculous club like indaa, it's actually quite shameful for a juve captain and legend, great coach but disgusting behaviour that unfortunately would not surprise me at all given his precedents.

Inter is probably the only big Italian club that didn't have a major scandal like Juve, and at least wasn't at the hands of Berlusconi like AC Milan.

21 hours ago, enigma said:

We didn't have any European football for a start,  which is a major benefit during a long PL season.

It's very much an exaggerated argument that not playing in Europe is a huge benefit for a club, Conte maybe did play key players most of the time but it was his tactics and player management that proved to be the key factor in being the best team in the league, the difference is that in the second season with Conte the team played around 12 games more in total, some of which were more games in FA Cup, EFL Cup and at least one more in Community shield, in Europe we played 6 more games because of the group stage and then 2 more against Barcelona, that's not a big factor at all;

Even in his second season while playing in Europe we were among the top 3 teams right before or around January and then the season fell apart due to many factors and arguably different circumstances than just the sheer amount of games played.
Nobody is talking about Liverpool that two seasons in a row is playing the Champions League final, that's the maximum amount of games in Europe and twice in a row and yet in their second season they have reached a European final, they got more points in the Premier league than the previous one...so the big amount of games isn't a factor they just invested more money and have a better squad.

Edited by Gol15

7 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

If Conte does indeed get the Inter job, I'm sure he and Icardi will butt heads.

maybe Don Antonio will treat Mauro & Wanda the same way he treated DC - I am sure Don Antonio will not work w/ that guy

Inter is probably the only big Italian club that didn't have a major scandal like Juve, and at least wasn't at the hands of Berlusconi like AC Milan.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] sure sure, other than having falsified players passports, under moratti tenure ( which normally would imply relegation), manipulated tap wires so that exactly the same type of allegations that costed juve the relegation were hidden until they were brought up just in time for the statute of limitation to kick in. Just as a side note the Italian fa prosecutor declared that had they been brought up earlier he would have asked for the relegation of the ones without major scandals and inter was in a position to refuse the statute of limitation and defend itself in court to clear their name, guess what they did these honest bunch?.

On top of that not only they took advantage of juve relegation but they were attributed one of our titles by the late pork Rossi who was a former member of inter board of directors and by chance nominated temporarily commissar for the Italian fa and who decided against the advice of his aides to give the 2006 title to inter that arrived third that year over 15 points below juve.

On top of that they took our best players for a pitiful amount and were handed 4 years of League titles without competition. Despite that as soon as juve managed to come back they have started to feck up as the usual useless morons they are universally known for.

This justv talking about the last decades, if we go back to the sixties they were renowned to have used doping under Herrera as admitted by their legends the mazzola brothers.

Yes but other than that it's true no major scandals....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Ah no wait there would also be a relegation on the pitch that was never implemented due to the war......[emoji16][emoji16] but hey who's counting?

On 16/05/2019 at 04:45, RickUK said:

brilliant manager IMO. Very good tactician when he wants to be.  Think Inter finish much closer to Juve first year, and if he is backed theyll run them very very close

If Sarri takes over at Juve I know who I would have my money on.

On 16/05/2019 at 04:45, RickUK said:

brilliant manager IMO. Very good tactician when he wants to be.  Think Inter finish much closer to Juve first year, and if he is backed theyll run them very very close

If Sarri takes over at Juve I know who I would have my money on.

10 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png sure sure, other than having falsified players passports, under moratti tenure ( which normally would imply relegation), manipulated tap wires so that exactly the same type of allegations that costed juve the relegation were hidden until they were brought up just in time for the statute of limitation to kick in. Just as a side note the Italian fa prosecutor declared that had they been brought up earlier he would have asked for the relegation of the ones without major scandals and inter was in a position to refuse the statute of limitation and defend itself in court to clear their name, guess what they did these honest bunch?.

On top of that not only they took advantage of juve relegation but they were attributed one of our titles by the late pork Rossi who was a former member of inter board of directors and by chance nominated temporarily commissar for the Italian fa and who decided against the advice of his aides to give the 2006 title to inter that arrived third that year over 15 points below juve.

On top of that they took our best players for a pitiful amount and were handed 4 years of League titles without competition. Despite that as soon as juve managed to come back they have started to feck up as the usual useless morons they are universally known for.

This justv talking about the last decades, if we go back to the sixties they were renowned to have used doping under Herrera as admitted by their legends the mazzola brothers.

Yes but other than that it's true no major scandals....emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png Ah no wait there would also be a relegation on the pitch that was never implemented due to the war......emoji16.pngemoji16.png but hey who's counting?

What an absolutely shocking league the Serie A is. 

11 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png sure sure, other than having falsified players passports, under moratti tenure ( which normally would imply relegation), manipulated tap wires so that exactly the same type of allegations that costed juve the relegation were hidden until they were brought up just in time for the statute of limitation to kick in. Just as a side note the Italian fa prosecutor declared that had they been brought up earlier he would have asked for the relegation of the ones without major scandals and inter was in a position to refuse the statute of limitation and defend itself in court to clear their name, guess what they did these honest bunch?.

Yes but other than that it's true no major scandals....emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png Ah no wait there would also be a relegation on the pitch that was never implemented due to the war......emoji16.pngemoji16.png but hey who's counting?

I see I hit a big nerve ending in my comment...Hope you stopped crying by now!

4 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

Conte wins his case against Chelsea. In other news, water is wet.

I'm actually surprised they're not forced to pay him a bit more in damages for stringing this out. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-ordered-to-pay-antonio-conte-9m-compensation-3pjmlxg6d

tenor.gif

Delayed changing manager last summer because we didnt want to pay conte or sarri's compensation, and yet we end up paying both, whilst hindering preparations for our own season. 

I wonder whether we can at least have some clarity on sarri/lampard when the season ends. 

Another summer of limbo is no good to anyone.