Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

No one is perfect, and everyone lose matches. Guardiola for example last season lost to Everton with 4-0. Leicester beat them 4-2. Also Conte was the first to make double against Guardiola.

So what? Everyone have such bad periods. There is no manager without ups and down. Guardiola 2 season in a row lose, to lesser team in CL, but he is prised as hell now.
What exactly he did so well? For 2 season he won 1 title. For 2 season Conte won 1 title. Difference is Conte not get what he want, but Guardiola get it, even before he took over City ...

And also now Klopp and Pochetino are praised. But they are longer in the PL, then Conte, and so far won nothing.

Most of you are fast to forget, Conte took us, when we was finish 10.

I don`t think for a second Conte is blameless, no he is not. He left on disappointment in the transfer windows, and it`s obvious he is not the same.

Even with this bad season, Conte was tied with Guardiola for best managerbased on win percentage, thats tell you the whole story. If the s**** doesn`t happen in the summer between him and the board, this season would be difference.

I agree to disagree. We both have different point of view. I`m just curious, what you think about the thing i said, how the club should move and about project/strategy that we need and choice the right manager for the job, not for a short term, but for a long term project and backed him fully.

What you think, is our transfer policy normal ?

How is we always underperform, after Championship season, and it`s all about lack of good transfer we made, after the season we become Champion.
It`s happen with 3 great managers - Carlo, Mou and now Conte.

8 minutes ago, brakeit said:

No one is perfect, and everyone lose matches. Guardiola for example last season lost to Everton with 4-0. Leicester beat them 4-2. Also Conte was the first to make double against Guardiola.

So what? Everyone have such bad periods. There is no manager without ups and down. Guardiola 2 season in a row lose, to lesser team in CL, but he is prised as hell now.
What exactly he did so well? For 2 season he won 1 title. For 2 season Conte won 1 title. Difference is Conte not get what he want, but Guardiola get it, even before he took over City ...

And also now Klopp and Pochetino are praised. But they are longer in the PL, then Conte, and so far won nothing.

Most of you are fast to forget, Conte took us, when we was finish 10.

I don`t think for a second Conte is blameless, no he is not. He left on disappointment in the transfer windows, and it`s obvious he is not the same.

Even with this bad season, Conte was tied with Guardiola for best managerbased on win percentage, thats tell you the whole story. If the s**** doesn`t happen in the summer between him and the board, this season would be difference.

I agree to disagree. We both have different point of view. I`m just curious, what you think about the thing i said, how the club should move and about project/strategy that we need and choice the right manager for the job, not for a short term, but for a long term project and backed him fully.

What you think, is our transfer policy normal ?

How is we always underperform, after Championship season, and it`s all about lack of good transfer we made, after the season we become Champion.
It`s happen with 3 great managers - Carlo, Mou and now Conte.

There's having a bad period then there's winning 3 games in 3 month's.

Conte did an incredible job last season, but last season has gone. He's made it very clear he's going to reign it in unless he get's a blank cheque, so what's the point of keeping him? We may not have the best squad in the world, but we have a core of world class players and a bunch of decent players that a lot of managers would love to train. Do i think the board could do better? Yes, but anything they have or haven't done can't account for the series of ameatuer mistakes Conte is making.

As for the type of manager we should look for, someone with a clear plan, good at getting the best out of players, believes in working on the training ground and is willing to use our youth players. We are trying to run a sustainable buisness so appointing managers who can't work well (for a sustained period) without a blank cheque or in Conte's case refuses to is pointless.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Failing to sign Walker wasn't a Conte failure,however getting tactically outsmarted by the likes of Roy, Dyche, Moyes, Howe, Wenger (repeatedly), Puel and Javi Garcia alongside 3 wins in as many months very much is!!!!!!!!!

Using Liverpool's signing of VVD is hilarious, they sold their best player to fund it. If we sold Hazard and spent half the money on a CB from Southampton you'd be the first to moan about it.

What that idiot seems to think is everything is black and white, because Conte said we tried to buy Walker he is tying to make out we was in the running. For all we know Chelsea could have enquired and the City deal was done and it was too late, most likely scenario is true. The deal between City and Walker was most likely done way before summer.

VVD deal was done long before it happened, he always was going to Liverpool but let's find any reason to excuse all Conte's mangerial mistakes.

But if we want the manager to work with youth player, he have to be safe. Not after 10 bad matches, to be sacked. You got to have full backing to do so.

And also a project and a time.

Mourinho last season finish 6th. He was not sacked. This year he failed even to challenge for the title and lose to a lot lesser team in Sevilla side. They back him and not single word about him being sacked.

Last season, when we start bad, after 2-3 bad result, there was rumours that if Conte lose his next match, he will be sacked.

And a lot of fans was slamming him, just like you and the rest are doing it now. How bad he is, his tactics not working and so on.

And you can`t take the period you would like to judge someone, you have to take the whole period he is in the club. And let`s said recent 2-3 years.

And in our team we have only 1 world class player and that is Hazard, who is inconsistent regulalry, and can`t drag a team, like Harry Kane is doing, or Salah or even Sterling.

Salah outscored him 3x times.

Who is the other world class players we have, we simply don`t.
Tibo is nothing special and it`s shows. He was a lot better, when he was in Atletico Madrid, since then he didn`t develop. And this season he is terrible.

Kante is great at defence, but he is a zero progress in offense. And you have Willy who play 2-3 months at great level, and in the rest he goes missing.

And for me the players have greater guilt of our place this season. They always get spared of criticism, but they play the matches.

Most people not get me serious, but before the season start, when i see what the board is doing in the windows i foresee this and said it will happen. A lot of guys here slam me for this and said i`m mad and we will be pretty much okay and we made great transfer. Now it`s shows.
I will said something now for the next season. We won`t do any better. Maybe getting top 4, if some of other team drop their level, but not better then that, even that we won`t be in CL.

Just because board is doing s****, and we won`t get better manager, and most of our player are not good enough anymore.

That was from me, we will see who is right once again next season.

Best regards mate.

Ernie_blue, dumb*** i told you 3 times before, even Guardiola admit he was after Danny Alves, how dumb you have to be to understand that? How is Walker sign before the summer?
You are now going to tell me and Lukaku deal was done before the summer. And why our so good board did not make some deal before the summer??? If they are so good? :laugh2::biggrin:

We lost a lot of players, because Marina over negotiate and it`s slow. And that is not Conte fault, but a patern. For how long we left the business to the very end of the transfer window? This is happening year after year ....
And complete b.c. for VVD as well. Liverpool tried hard there, and was about to be fines, but Klopp wanted him badly and the board overpay but deliver to him.

Put your head out of your *** and see the reality, not speaking only what you see with your biased eyes, because you don`t like Conte.

You can also steal a player from other teams at the last moment? You forget that? United did that to us with Lukaku. Liverpool did it with OX. Tottenham did it with Llorente.
Before we was doing this, hijack players from Man City, Man United, Salah from Liverpool and Willy from Tottenham, and the last 2 was a sure signing before we steal the deals.

Liverpool was too slow for Salah and we stole it. They made mistake back then. Just like Tottenham with Willy.

This prove you, that the board is not doing their job right at the moment. They are acting slow and we suffer because of that. Marina over negoatiate as well.

That is.

Edited by brakeit

14 minutes ago, brakeit said:

But if we want the manager to work with youth player, he have to be safe. Not after 10 bad matches, to be sacked. You got to have full backing to do so.

Mourinho last season finish 6th. He was not sacked. This year he failed even to challenge for the title and lose to a lot lesser team in Sevilla side. They back him and not single word about him being sacked.

Last season, when we start bad, after 2-3 bad result, there was rumours that if Conte lose his next match, he will be sacked.

And a lot of fans was slamming him, just like you and the rest are doing it now. How bad he is, his tactics not working and so on.

And you can`t take the period you would like to judge someone, you have to take the whole period he is in the club. And let`s said recent 2-3 years.

And in our team we have only 1 world class player and that is Hazard, who is inconsistent regulalry, and can`t drag a team, like Harry Kane is doing, or Salah or even Sterling.

Tibo is nothing special and it`s shows. He was a lot better, when he was in Atletico Madrid, since then he didn`t develop. And this season he is terrible.

Kante is great at defence, but he is a zero progress in offense. And you have Willy who play 2-3 months at great level, and in the rest he goes missing.

And for me the players have greater guilt of our place this season. They always get spared of criticism, but they play the matches.

Most people not get me serious, but before the season start, when i see what the board is doing in the windows i foresee this and said it will happen. A lot of guys here slam me for this and said i`m mad and we will be pretty much okay and we made great transfer. Now it`s shows.
I will said something now for the next season. We won`t do any better. Maybe getting top 4, if some of other team drop their level, but not better then that, even that we won`t be in CL.

Just because board is doing s****, and we won`t get better manager, and most of our player are not good enough anymore.

Best regards mate.

Ernie_blue, dumb*** i told you 3 times before, even Guardiola admit he was after Danny Alves, how dumb you have to be to understand that? How is Walker sign before the summer?
You are now going to tell me and Lukaku deal was done before the summer. And why our so good board did not make some deal before the summer??? If they are so good? :laugh2::biggrin:

We lost a lot of players, because Marina over negotiate and it`s slow. And that is not Conte fault, but a patern. For how long we left the business to the very end of the transfer window? This is happening year after year ....
And complete b.c. for VVD as well. Liverpool tried hard there, and was about to be fines, but Klopp wanted him badly and the board overpay but deliver to him.

Put your head out of your *** and see the reality, not speaking only what you see with your biased eyes, because you don`t like Conte.

You can also steal a player from other teams at the last moment? You forget that? United did that to us with Lukaku. Liverpool did it with OX. Tottenham did it with Llorente.
Before we was doing this, hijack players from Man City, Man United, Salah from Liverpool and Willy from Tottenham, and the last 2 was a sure signing before we steal the deals.

Liverpool was too slow for Salah and we stole it. They made mistake back then. Just like Tottenham with Willy.

This prove you, that the board is not doing their job right at the moment. They are acting slow and we suffer because of that. Marina over negoatiate as well.

That is.

There's only been once in the Roman era we have made progress despite winning nothing which was Jose's first season back and he got the time he needed. I reckon if say Sarri came in, had us top 4 with a clear blueprint i genuinely believe he will get the time he needs.

All I am going to add to this is that those who like to argue that "Conte has given up and is just moping around on the sideline" can just completely give up on that argument. 

He was visibly emotional and clearly driving the players throughout the game. He was even nipping at the 4th official and the ref. 

Conte obviously wants to win so that argument is dead.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

So now ive debunked the myth he doesn't have a say you are changing the goalposts?

Well hopefully the next manager actually believes in earning his money on the training ground, i don't expect them to win the league but we have a good enough squad for top 4 and certainly one good enough to win more than 3 games in 3 months (were we were at before this much needed 6 points this week).

Yeah Conte may have wanted Walker, by equal measure im sure Poch would have wanted to keep him or at the very least get an adequate replacement but he isn't acting like he's in the Kindagarten over it. 

So if they were going after Serie A players because they were cheap, why didn't they give Jose the same profile of player? The typical board signing down the years has been young players with potential for growth and or profit, almost all the Serie A players and especially the target men are the total athesis of theTHEIR type of player.

f**k me.....I just dont get you. Debunked what exactly? Changing goalposts? What the f**k man? You go ahead blaming Conte......we blame him too but where some of us can see some points people make regarding Conte, the likes of you bypass our Club and put everything on the managers hands. We failed him.....its that simple. Dont worry he'll do well wherever he goes after this.......do you dare say the same about us? We do this sh*t time after time and yet you cant see just maybe the Chels environment is a bit sick.

4 minutes ago, Saaladin said:

All I am going to add to this is that those who like to argue that "Conte has given up and is just moping around on the sideline" can just completely give up on that argument. 

He was visibly emotional and clearly driving the players throughout the game. He was even nipping at the 4th official and the ref. 

Conte obviously wants to win so that argument is dead.

Please do not say such drivel......cant you see he is saving his own ass.....he is boosting his cv you see......or at least thats what the conte haters will say.

8 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

What that link actually shows is that he has a contract until 2019 and he intends to honour it, so the exact opposite of what you are trying to claim it says.

Not saying that he doesn't want out, just that your evidence provided is wrong.

He said he wants to honour the contract. That doesn't mean he wants to be here next year 

36 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Best regards mate.

That is.

Have you got any prove Pep wanted Alves as his number 1 fullback at the age of 35 who has never played in the PL?, maybe as backup for his experience around the changing room and for the CL but you don't go from a 35 yr old to a 50m PL player. Walkers representatives would have known of City's interest before the summer, probably had the deal in writing, there was no chance Chelsea was getting him. Because of one sentence where Conte says we tried to buy Walker which literally could mean anything but by your thinking this means it was Conte's top target, we was in pole position with no other clubs and the board f**ked it up. :face_palm:

You blame everything on the board and the only reason you can find for Conte f**king up the last 4 months is the board :face_palm:, like I have said before if we can all blame our employers for our mistakes what a great world, chuck in a pay rise while your there. As much as you love too the board isn't the reason for Conte's basic managerial mistakes, that comes down to himself.

No one can argue the board have f**ked up for a number of years but this doesn't excuse simple manager errors. Does the board affect these decisions:

Being stubborn and sticking to a back 5 - No

Not making subs till the 80th min- No

Not being able to recognise a football match changing momentum and influencing that match - No

Keep playing out of form players - No

Falling out with players - No

Going defensive when leading - No

Playing no forward - No

There's more but just a few to show the excuse of blaming the board, not getting Walker or any other BS doesn't take away from Conte making simple, stubborn and basic manager errors. Other managers with less squads and lower of quality of players won't make as many mistakes. Defiantly not for over 3 months.

Ernie_blue, first of all sorry for the words i use in my previous comment, but you slam me first.

Second, you ask me how i know, but you simply guessing at things, but said it like that`s the facts, but they are not.

As i said this is a patern in our club and happen time after time. Even Ancelotti said it back then, that he has no words over transfer players and he is just a coach there.

What that tells you ??? Stop saying the same thing you mention time after time and just look at the facts.

Did you really believe Conte lose his coaching skills in 2 months in the summer break ??? That he become worst manager overnight. He even should be better, cause he should know the league better, the team better, higher time to prepare and so on.

He tells it last season, after Arsenal FA Cup game, that this is a small team and need reinforcement and need both quality and quanity. He said it then. So you are going to tell me he was keeping his CV back then, after winning the PL title with a record?

No matter how you look at the things the board messed bad. It`s obviously boards fault, otherwise Emanalo would not be gone. And what the board is doing is washing their hands with the manager. They are expecting low brain fans to jump on Conte, because that`s what happen when you have bad result, the easier person to blame is the manager, ups here in Chelsea, he is only a coach.

As for Walker and Dani Alves:

"Sure, I was hypnotised by the idea of working with Pep Guardiola once more. I was hypnotised by it and not looking around me at all of the other options available. ..."It made more sense for me to pick Paris over Manchester on this occasion, but I don’t hide my admiration for Pep and my will to play in the Premier League in the future."

Alves himself admit it. Guardiola himself said it he wanted Alves.

Guardiola like Alves and his attacking skill, no way he was getting him for second choice. He was the first choice from the begining. And you can see the time both transfer completed. When was understand Alves choice PSG over City, City acted really fast and hijack Kyle Walker.

They get this transfer done in no time. No they did not work on this in the summer, they just act fast. I write 10 examples of that. Willy was sure for Tottenham, before we go there and hijack him in the last moment, absolutely the same can be said for Salah and Liverpool.

Back then we was mean buissness, today we are doing s**** and it`s not coincidentally Marina is involve in this s**** and her policy of running the club.

For Hazard there was a lot of clubs after him, we acted fast and outbid everyone and give him the highest salary and he choice us. With Mata we was acting fast and hijack him from Arsenal.

Now we are doing sh*** on the market and some of you are trying to close their eyes for it.

Forget Conte for a moment, he is gone in the summer, but next one will come and will suffer from the same, and most importantly we will suffer and by we i mean the club.

The board need to change completely and our project/strategy as well. Otherwise no bright future for the club.

We will see who is right or wrong next summer.

I like to continue the discussion but i have a lot to study.

Best regards.

5 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Ernie_blue, first of all sorry for the words i use in my previous comment, but you slam me first.

Second, you ask me how i know, but you simply guessing at things, but said it like that`s the facts, but they are not.

As i said this is a patern in our club and happen time after time. Even Ancelotti said it back then, that he has no words over transfer players and he is just a coach there.

What that tells you ??? Stop saying the same thing you mention time after time and just look at the facts.

Did you really believe Conte lose his coaching skills in 2 months in the summer break ??? That he become worst manager overnight. He even should be better, cause he should know the league better, the team better, higher time to prepare and so on.

He tells it last season, after Arsenal FA Cup game, that this is a small team and need reinforcement and need both quality and quanity. He said it then. So you are going to tell me he was keeping his CV back then, after winning the PL title with a record?

No matter how you look at the things the board messed bad. It`s obviously boards fault, otherwise Emanalo would not be gone. And what the board is doing is washing their hands with the manager. They are expecting low brain fans to jump on Conte, because that`s what happen when you have bad result, the easier person to blame is the manager, ups here in Chelsea, he is only a coach.

As for Walker and Dani Alves:

"Sure, I was hypnotised by the idea of working with Pep Guardiola once more. I was hypnotised by it and not looking around me at all of the other options available. ..."It made more sense for me to pick Paris over Manchester on this occasion, but I don’t hide my admiration for Pep and my will to play in the Premier League in the future."

Alves himself admit it. Guardiola himself said it he wanted Alves.

Guardiola like Alves and his attacking skill, no way he was getting him for second choice. He was the first choice from the begining. And you can see the time both transfer completed. When was understand Alves choice PSG over City, City acted really fast and hijack Kyle Walker.

They get this transfer done in no time. No they did not work on this in the summer, they just act fast. I write 10 examples of that. Willy was sure for Tottenham, before we go there and hijack him in the last moment, absolutely the same can be said for Salah and Liverpool.

Back then we was mean buissness, today we are doing s**** and it`s not coincidentally Marina is involve in this s**** and her policy of running the club.

For Hazard there was a lot of clubs after him, we acted fast and outbid everyone and give him the highest salary and he choice us. With Mata we was acting fast and hijack him from Arsenal.

Now we are doing sh*** on the market and some of you are trying to close their eyes for it.

Forget Conte for a moment, he is gone in the summer, but next one will come and will suffer from the same, and most importantly we will suffer and by we i mean the club.

The board need to change completely and our project/strategy as well. Otherwise no bright future for the club.

We will see who is right or wrong next summer.

I like to continue the discussion but i have a lot to study.

Best regards.

The problem is we are disagreeing about different things. I agree with you about the board, I agree with most people on this forum. So it's not about being right or wrong, the board will most likely be sh*t again in the summer, nothing new there.

What I don't agree with is people trying to make excuses for the manager errors Conte has made this season, this is not due to the board, surely no one can really sit there and say Conte doesn't make subs till the 80th min because of the board, Conte will never play a back 4 because of the board, we always go defensive because of the board, they are poor excuses. It doesn't matter if you are Chelsea, Burnley or Exeter, that is poor management.

2 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

The problem is we are disagreeing about different things. I agree with you about the board, I agree with most people on this forum. So it's not about being right or wrong, the board will most likely be sh*t again in the summer, nothing new there.

What I don't agree with is people trying to make excuses for the manager errors Conte has made this season, this is not due to the board, surely no one can really sit there and say Conte doesn't make subs till the 80th min because of the board, Conte will never play a back 4 because of the board, we always go defensive because of the board, they are poor excuses. It doesn't matter if you are Chelsea, Burnley or Exeter, that is poor management.

Ohh yeah I get that...thats why we say no one is blameless......but these Things often go hand in hand.....Conte is passionate man, rocked the League last season and deservedly wanted support. We didnt do that....that does not excuse his crap though. All im saying is he is a good manager.....one we cant let go without backing him like we should. He is worth it imo. Ohh f**k it anyway.....the Club aint gonna change unless RA says so. So get ready for another manager come soon and for the Whole cycle to start its sh*t once Again. I guarantee we will visit this horse sh*t soon enough with our NeXT coach. Good night folks.

Ernie_blue i never said Conte did not make mistake. But all have consequences. Every year in this club there is scandals, that reflect to the players. It`s obvious and they are underperforming. After the fiasco in the summer, no manager would be at 100%. That has to be clear.

I think the bridge has fallen, when they said Matic to United, and Conte liked Matic, with him we have balance.

Last season we scored a lot of goals, we was second only to Tottenham, and that was because they score a lot of goals in their last games, because they face team that are relegate. Before that we score the most. We score more then City and Liverpool, and our game was pretty good, atleast to me. A lot of teams was copycat us.

This season of course we are not playing at 100%, but we should have scored a lot more goals. We create a lot of opportunities, but our players in the front are just not good enough or should i said not score enough. They miss a lot of clear chances, esp. Morata.

Players also udnerperforming and should be held guilty for the poor result. A lot of games we lost due to individual mistakes.

And for the formation i said it many times, every coach is good in 1-2 formation, maybe 3. You can`t expect Conte to play 10 different formation, even tho he tried even with false 9, because our striker was not good enough.

Guardiola didn`t change formation from last season, yet hes team play a lot better and won the title. So it`s not the formation.

BTW i read the same comment that we are use to Conte and for Zidane, when they was at 5-6 place in the championship. Zidane is not good, the player drag the team, Zidane is terrible coach, he play Benzema, because they are fellows, Morata was a lot better, why he sold it, he made late subs, why Isco and Marco Asensio are not a starters, he is playing the same player, no matter they are out of form.

The same thing we are writing about Conte. Everywhere it`s like that, the fans blame the manager. And after Real smash Juventus in the first match, exactly the same fans was saying Zidane is the best manager on the planet.

Then Juventus fans was smashing Allegri and that he is washed, they need to change him and so on. After the second match, Juventus fans was saying Allegri should be kept, he is great manager and just need better players and it was the referee fault ...

Let me get back to Conte. Tho i understand we don`t have solid playmaker, he made me very mad by playing Fabregas. It`s clear he is long past his best, and are not good enough. In most matches we are playing with 10 people, because of Fabregas.  He was terrible and Conte continue to played him. I only blame him for that. He rotate most of the other players kinda often. Also Emerson could have gotten more play time.

We badly need top CM and probably top AM. And should be world class player with fantasy and that can shoot from distance. Fabregas is so slow, at the time he decide to strike, they take him the ball away ....

Edited by brakeit

Any chance of grammatically correct English being used on this forum?

I understand that some posters are from overseas- no problem with that- but it would be nice if comments could be posted using proper English, not mumbo jumbo half English.

Theres some over long,laborious, covering the same ground for the umpteenth time posts on here, which are made even more annoying  because they're written in pigeon English.

Rant over

Oh come on, it's not that bad :laugh2: Perhaps you need to be a non-native speaker as well to understand - the English I mean, not the reasoning :wink:

But it's exhausting to read the long posts going over the same ground again and again. I've given up.

So, desperate change of topic...

Conte: track suit or dressy club suit?

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Oh come on, it's not that bad :laugh2: Perhaps you need to be a non-native speaker as well to understand - the English I mean, not the reasoning :wink:

But it's exhausting to read the long posts going over the same ground again and again. I've given up.

So, desperate change of topic...

Conte: track suit or dressy club suit?

Suit. I hate the tracksuit and cap, very Pulis. You’re better than that Antonio. 

Antonio Conte insists his century of Chelsea games has been more impressive than Jose Mourinho's 'different era'

Antonio Conte has risked reigniting his row with Jose Mourinho by suggesting his 100-game Chelsea win-rate is better than the record held by the Portuguese.

The Premier League victory over Burnley meant that Conte completed his first 100 games in charge with 65 wins, which is the second-highest ratio of any Chelsea manager after Mourinho.

But Conte believes his success, which included winning last season’s Premier League title, has come under more difficult circumstances than Mourinho’s 72 victories from his first 100 games.

Conte highlighted the fact that his record, which he insisted should have been better, was achieved following the club’s 10th-placed finish. The Blues had been runners up when Mourinho first took over in 2004.

Ahead of his 101st Chelsea game, Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Southampton, Conte said: “For sure, this is a good stat, but I know that, this season, we could have done better.

“Mourinho was 72 in the first 100? We are talking about a great manager. Don’t forget that the first 100 games with Mourinho were many years ago. Now it’s not simple, I think. To have this type of results in this moment, in this present Chelsea. I must be pleased for the players, for the club, but, for sure, we could do better.”

Asked why his first 100 games in charge were harder than Mourino’s, Conte added: “Because it’s a different era. A different era in the history of the club. Only for this reason.

“I won a title with Juventus after two seventh places. When you win a title in this way, it’s a great, great achievement. Not a simple achievement.

“Last season we [Chelsea] won a title after a 10th place. When you win a title in this way, it means it’s a great, great achievement. Not a simple achievement, only because your name is Chelsea and it’s normal because, in the past, you won many titles. You have to see the era you are going through.”

Conte traded insults with Mourinho earlier this season, but the two men shook hands before the last game between Chelsea and United in February.

The Italian’s latest comments may well provoke a response from Mourinho, with the prospect of Chelsea meeting United in the FA Cup final very much alive.

While Chelsea take on Southampton in the semi-finals, United face Tottenham at their temporary home, but Conte does not believe Spurs have an advantage in the competition because all the remaining games will be played at Wembley.

He said: “I think that Tottenham is a great team. If they have an advantage it’s only because of this.”

Conte joined the list of managers to pay tribute to Arsene Wenger, who has announced he will stand down from his position as Arsenal manager at the end of the season.

And the 48-year-old admitted the pressure of modern-day management means it is unlikely that he will carry on in the industry that long.

“In the past, the managers could stay in England and work for the same club for many years,” said Conte. “When you know this and have this possibility, you live football and you stay more relaxed because you know you have time to work, to show the importance of your work.

“In the present, football is not the same like the past. In England, you can see this difference. Now every club is ready to change, no? To change manager if you don’t get results. If you don’t win. I think to live football in this way, your career could be less long, less long.

"Because you live football with more pressure than in the past.”

Chelsea have been ordered by the Professional Football Compensation Committee to pay up to £2.5 million to Exeter City for teenager Ethan Ampadu – which is £500,000 less than the Blues originally offered.

It is believed League Two club Exeter were looking for at least £5 million for 17-year-old Ampadu, who has made seven first-team appearances in his first season at Chelsea before injury ruled him out for the remainder of the campaign.

But the PFCC ruled that Chelsea must pay an initial fee of £850,000, a further £450,000 and potential further payments up to £1.25 million based on first-team appearances up to 50. Exeter will also receive 20 per cent of any profit made by the Blues should they sell Ampadu.

Exeter chairman Julian Tagg, said: “To say that we are disappointed is an understatement. We are disappointed for our fans, our academy, which works so hard on producing talented young players like Ethan and for our management and coaching team who bring these players into the first team and beyond as part of supporting the work of the FA in its objective to produce international players of the highest quality which we believe we have done.

“However, above all, we are disappointed for football as we feel this decision sends the wrong message in terms of financial reward for those owners, chairmen, managers and coaches up and down the country who are also working as hard as us to improve their clubs by producing talented home-grown players for both club and country.

“At this stage, we have no written justification for the decision taken by the Professional Football Compensation Committee. We have been told that this will come within the next couple of weeks and once we receive this we will be communicating that to our supporters.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/20/antonio-conte-insists-century-chelsea-games-has-impressive-jose/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by enigma

17 hours ago, atomis said:

Ohh please.....we backed him so much in a corner, tied his hands so much that he had no choice. He had nothing to go for.....what would you do? The Club bypassed him and his whishes big time.

LOL.

All this whilst spending more on transfers than every club in England bar City....

Edited by mclovin83

So much that's said here gives a skewed view to what really happened this season. Yes, Conte has responsibility but how about adding:

Hazard's late start and drop off in form

Morata's dip, after a good start. Replacing Costa was always going to be a challenge (in the first season for sure)

Replacing our back line of Cahill and Luiz. Some excellent stuff from Christiansen but then some key match howlers

Matic going would have been okay if Bakayoko had turned up

Strengthening of other teams, while ours was arguably weakened

Post PL winners lack of hunger etc.