Jump to content

Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

If Morata genuinely had a back injury, then that would definitely have affected his performance, as any back sufferer will attest ... even when it is better you mentally "protect" it ...

 

Water under the bridge anyway :)

 

I would say the back injury definitely played a huge role in his season, and he admitted so. Yeah he missed some sitters this year but when you've injured your back and you're not fully recovered; that injury is lingering in the back of your mind and you'll play more timid in fear of not re-injuring or furthering damage. The inability of Bats to take a hold of any of the matches or get on the pitch was a huge detriment as well. Hopefully Morata stays, remains healthy all year and we will see marked improvement in our attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argo said:

Difference is Morata even when he's awful gets the bare basics right tactically in terms of movement and positioning, with Bats we were literally playing with ten men unless he had a shot inside the penalty area.

Bats has good movement. How else is he always in the right position to knock a goal in (WBA/Atletico). Morata's first touch was shocking this season. Would have taken Bats over him in a heartbeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Bats has good movement. How else is he always in the right position to knock a goal in (WBA/Atletico). Morata's first touch was shocking this season. Would have taken Bats over him in a heartbeat. 

In the six yard box yes, 18 yard box he's ok, outside the area however he doesn't have a clue what he's suppose to be doing and we struggle to build up and create because of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Bats has good movement. How else is he always in the right position to knock a goal in (WBA/Atletico). Morata's first touch was shocking this season. Would have taken Bats over him in a heartbeat. 

His movement is average at best. He gets in good positions around the box but makes zero decent runs outside of it. I cant tell you how many times I have seen a ball being played over and Batshuayi is completely out of position to actually get on the end of it. He also cannot shield a ball and take it down from the air under pressure from a defender. The defenders literally walk through him like he isn't even there. He does this thing where he tries to lean on them but ends up just falling back and too far away from the ball to chest it down. His pressing and off the ball movement when defending is half hearted and aimless at best. These are all things I have observed from watching him live multiple times that you may miss on the TV. He scores like a poacher but the rest of his game is non existent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad actually has a theory about Batshuayi. That because he is so invisible and useless 99% of the time, defenders forget about him and don't mark him, which gives him loads of space to be in dangerous positions to score goals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

My dad actually has a theory about Batshuayi. That because he is so invisible and useless 99% of the time, defenders forget about him and don't mark him, which gives him loads of space to be in dangerous positions to score goals. 

Like Hernandez?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Argo said:

In the six yard box yes, 18 yard box he's ok, outside the area however he doesn't have a clue what he's suppose to be doing and we struggle to build up and create because of that. 

No point doing all the work outside the area if you haven't got someone to knock it in at the end. Maybe if we got the ball on the floor and played football instead of Conte's hoofball into a target man then Bats would shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Total-Football said:

His movement is average at best. He gets in good positions around the box but makes zero decent runs outside of it. I cant tell you how many times I have seen a ball being played over and Batshuayi is completely out of position to actually get on the end of it. He also cannot shield a ball and take it down from the air under pressure from a defender. The defenders literally walk through him like he isn't even there. He does this thing where he tries to lean on them but ends up just falling back and too far away from the ball to chest it down. His pressing and off the ball movement when defending is half hearted and aimless at best. These are all things I have observed from watching him live multiple times that you may miss on the TV. He scores like a poacher but the rest of his game is non existent. 

See above response to Argo. Also his pressing has been fantastic at Dortmund because of their style. I would say lack of pressing at Chelsea is more down to tactical instruction from the coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

No point doing all the work outside the area if you haven't got someone to knock it in at the end. Maybe if we got the ball on the floor and played football instead of Conte's hoofball into a target man then Bats would shine.

When did we start playing that way under Conte? Sure you're not just using that line to fit your argument?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nibs said:

When did we start playing that way under Conte? Sure you're not just using that line to fit your argument?

Did you watch us at all this season? We even played hoofball with Hazard at false 9. 

Pass about the back, get no where, smash it up top and hope for the best. 

So no, not to fit my argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

See above response to Argo. Also his pressing has been fantastic at Dortmund because of their style. I would say lack of pressing at Chelsea is more down to tactical instruction from the coach. 

I find our lack of pressure on the ball infuriating. We never try to harass a mistake out of the opposition.

Boring, slow tempo, no risk, lack of invention football. A bit like watching the England team under Hodgson / Capello.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Did you watch us at all this season? We even played hoofball with Hazard at false 9. 

Pass about the back, get no where, smash it up top and hope for the best. 

So no, not to fit my argument. 

As much as you may want rid of him, Conte is not know for "hoof-ball". Sure, we had likes of Cahill and Luiz kicking it long at times but that wasn't representative of how we played for majority of season. We still played some lovely stuff at times - remember the goal against Brighton for example? Hardly hoof-ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

As much as you may want rid of him, Conte is not know for "hoof-ball". Sure, we had likes of Cahill and Luiz kicking it long at times but that wasn't representative of how we played for majority of season. We still played some lovely stuff at times - remember the goal against Brighton for example? Hardly hoof-ball.

From what i remember its usually Alonso or Moses hoofing it up. Conte may not be known for it but our team still ended up at that 'tactic' several times a game.

The goal against Brighton? The one that Michy started in the build up and got the assist for? But Michy has never done anything outside of the box, lads?? @Total-Football @Argo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The standard Conte tactic for moving the ball forward is:

Courtois -> Centre backs

Centre back - Other centre back

Centre back -> Moses or Alonso

Moses or Alonso hit a blind hoof up field on the turn, with their weaker foot

Lose the ball

Edited by Zeta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Did you watch us at all this season? We even played hoofball with Hazard at false 9. 

Pass about the back, get no where, smash it up top and hope for the best. 

So no, not to fit my argument. 

It was a joy watching the ball bounce over Hazard :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Zeta said:

The standard Conte tactic for moving the ball forward is:

Courtois -> Centre backs

Centre back - Other centre back

Centre back -> Moses or Alonso

Moses or Alonso hit a blind hoof up field on the turn, with their weaker foot

Lose the ball

Hardly accurate.

 

36 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

From what i remember its usually Alonso or Moses hoofing it up. Conte may not be known for it but our team still ended up at that 'tactic' several times a game.

The goal against Brighton? The one that Michy started in the build up and got the assist for? But Michy has never done anything outside of the box, lads?? @Total-Football @Argo

I think Michy tripped over the ball and it fell in Willian's path!!

Jesting of course, that move just showed what we are capable of at times and that we don't play hoof it long that often. I like Michy and although he does have his faults, I would prefer him to be starting ahead of Morata if I'm honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

From what i remember its usually Alonso or Moses hoofing it up. Conte may not be known for it but our team still ended up at that 'tactic' several times a game.

The goal against Brighton? The one that Michy started in the build up and got the assist for? But Michy has never done anything outside of the box, lads?? @Total-Football @Argo

One instance of Batshuayi linking up well is not evidence of his overall game. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

See above response to Argo. Also his pressing has been fantastic at Dortmund because of their style. I would say lack of pressing at Chelsea is more down to tactical instruction from the coach. 

I can only judge from what I have observed and at Chelsea Morata was much superior at pressing compared to Batshuayi. 

Also, Morata's problem isn't not being in the right position, it's missing the chance when into comes to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nibs said:

As much as you may want rid of him, Conte is not know for "hoof-ball". Sure, we had likes of Cahill and Luiz kicking it long at times but that wasn't representative of how we played for majority of season. We still played some lovely stuff at times - remember the goal against Brighton for example? Hardly hoof-ball.

The majority of football was sh*t last season, a few good games or goals doesn't change that. Rooney scored from the half way line but we wouldn't say he had a great season because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

One instance of Batshuayi linking up well is not evidence of his overall game. 

I can only judge from what I have observed and at Chelsea Morata was much superior at pressing compared to Batshuayi. 

Also, Morata's problem isn't not being in the right position, it's missing the chance when into comes to him. 

How can you judge his overall game when he has hardly featured for us? Never been given an extended run to show what he is capable. 

Chelsea as a whole are sh*t at pressing. Including Morata. He just runs half heartedly between the CB's until Kante can intercept something. Lets not pretend Morata is like Firmino here when it comes to a press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

From what i remember its usually Alonso or Moses hoofing it up. Conte may not be known for it but our team still ended up at that 'tactic' several times a game.

The goal against Brighton? The one that Michy started in the build up and got the assist for? But Michy has never done anything outside of the box, lads?? @Total-Football @Argo

My gran would have got the assist. Do you remember his attempted pass v Norwich I think it was, when morale amongst the team seemed to be a bit low? That's the real Batshuayi outside the box, in football terms he has the brain of a neanderthal (and that's the last thing we need considering Barkleyoko's low IQ)

Edited by the special one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the special one said:

My gran would have got the assist. Do you remember his attempted pass v Norwich I think it was, when morale amongst the team seemed to be a bit low? That's the real Batshuayi outside the box.

I very much doubt your nan would have been able to do that. Lovely little back heel flick into the path of Willian.

The Norwich game that came days before Conte shipped him out and months since he last played. Yeah i'm sure Bats was really match sharp then. I'll refer to one of my other points of him never being given a consistent run to show what he can do. Morata can miss 3 1v1's and cost us a win and still know he'd start the next match. Bats can score a hat trick and then not play for 2 more months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I very much doubt your nan would have been able to do that. Lovely little back heel flick into the path of Willian.

The Norwich game that came days before Conte shipped him out and months since he last played. Yeah i'm sure Bats was really match sharp then. I'll refer to one of my other points of him never being given a consistent run to show what he can do. Morata can miss 3 1v1's and cost us a win and still know he'd start the next match. Bats can score a hat trick and then not play for 2 more months. 

It probably didn't do his confidence much good when he was singled out by Ian Wright on MOTD after a poor game- can't remember what one.

Im sure that gave him a real boost.

Wrighty IMO is a shocking pundit. He's probably in work because he's deemed as a bit of a character and not a fence sitter, but his use of the great English language and jumbled analysis is ....... crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

From what i remember its usually Alonso or Moses hoofing it up. Conte may not be known for it but our team still ended up at that 'tactic' several times a game.

The goal against Brighton? The one that Michy started in the build up and got the assist for? But Michy has never done anything outside of the box, lads?? @Total-Football @Argo

That took around the corner that alonso and moses play is our go to ball when get pressed to the point there is no easy passing options. Pedro actually scored against United last season from alonso's 'pass. 

I wouldn't say it is exactly hoof ball, I just think the fact that we ended playing that ball so many times last season, was because of our inability to play out from the back. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×