JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

40 minutes ago, enigma said:

Does seem from the outside looking in, there were players who either didn't take to Conte at all or lose respect for him. It's all a bit weird how so many players at the end of the first season and into the second season started becoming a bit vocal about their discontent. Costa was the first player to fall out with him it seems, then we heard Fabregas critiquing the style of football vs Barcelona, the same from Hazard, then Rudiger mentioned not understanding why we sat back so much, then Luiz was totally frozen out the squad for whatever reason (maybe due to legit injury, but who knows) and then Willian showing his discontent and frustration visibly by walking down the tunnel when subbed and also via social media posts. All seems a bit too coincidental tbh, but who knows the truth. 

You might as well add Matic to that list too.

28 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Wish we could've kept him in the team last year. As you say, the break would've been much cleaner, and actually might not have happened. I'm sure JT wants to play, but Chelsea should definitely try to bring him into the team in some way, whether as a player or a part of Sarri's back room staff. His presence in the training room are obviously incredibly difficult to replace, and his leadership is evident even when he wasn't on the pitch or in the team in general. 

While im not atall doubting the influence JT had down the years, i think the affect him leaving had on results is somewhat exaggerated. Lets not forget he was at the club during 15/16, as great a captain he was, he didn't have a magic wand.

Edited by Argo

Thank you Antonio for the memories. 

Those touchline histrionics, especially in your first season, will last a lifetime in my memories.  

Good luck.. 

2 hours ago, coco said:

It's sort of official when you look at the Chelsea website, homepage, new page, and realise Conte is nowhere to be seen.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news

https://www.chelseafc.com/en

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/first-team?pageTab=management

Still listed under the management section of the site.

2 hours ago, Brutos said:
2 hours ago, coco said:
Having a Chelsea manager on you avatar is high maintenance.:laugh2:

Exactly expect a change ever 24 months

I think you mean 12 months. 24 months is for special managers. 

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Find it really weird we have no official statement, yet Musonda, Cesc, JT and others have confirmed he is indeed gone.

You can only tie a knot with two ends of string.

41 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/first-team?pageTab=management

Still listed under the management section of the site.

Indeed, they've just said in ITV news that Chelsea has let António go after not getting into CL, but then I go to the CFC website and they don't have the news and Coste is still head coach. I really don't understand how either the journalists or our official website are this wrong.

14 minutes ago, RMH said:

Indeed, they've just said in ITV news that Chelsea has let António go after not getting into CL, but then I go to the CFC website and they don't have the news and Coste is still head coach. I really don't understand how either the journalists or our official website are this wrong.

Read between the lines then like the rest of us, instead of waiting for officialdom to knock on your door with a personal memo. Antonio Conte has not been mentioned in any of the clubs press releases, website news, twitters, since May, the silence is deafening.

4 minutes ago, Womble said:

Our club really is the pitz when it comes to clarifying or denying rumours/bullsh*t and facts...f**king does my head in!!!!

If they did this every time they would need about 100 people doing it. I like the policy of not talking about all the bullsh*t. 

3 minutes ago, coco said:

Read between the lines then like the rest of us, instead of waiting for officialdom to knock on your door with a personal memo. Antonio Conte has not been mentioned in any of the clubs press releases, website news, twitters, the silence is deafening.

Yes, but has he been sacked already or not? Silence does not confirm whether he is still showing up tomorrow for training session or not, it just hints to the fact that we are looking to substitute him.

4 minutes ago, RMH said:

Yes, but has he been sacked already or not? Silence does not confirm whether he is still showing up tomorrow for training session or not, it just hints to the fact that we are looking to substitute him.

Tomorrow, Friday, weekend, Monday who knows, but he isn't coming back, the club have remained silent on Conte for two months, that's all you need to confirm that the rumours of his exit are entirely true. If you want official confirmation fair enough mate, you wont have long to wait now.

44 minutes ago, dkw said:

If they did this every time they would need about 100 people doing it. I like the policy of not talking about all the bullsh*t. 

All they need is a spokesman/woman who can just say how it is I mean the club must realise how damaging it is with all these rumours circulating and that it portrays the club in a negative affect....

I'll say this:

I really did like Antonio Conte. I hate the way in which all this has played out. 

The board did not adequately support a fantastic first season in the transfer window that followed. And then Antonio made it all much worse by sulking, deflecting responsibility. In the end, it is a divorce seen from miles away. It didn't need to be this expensive or this messy. I think they both knew it was coming, and could have parted last summer with a little more class on both sides.

In the larger perspective, it continues to bother me that there seems to be no coherent longterm vision for the club. Despite our trophy haul, I dislike the feeling that great managers can quickly, and at a tremendous cost, be made disposable. I dislike the lack of continuity between the academy and the first team. I dislike that we haven't replaced Emenalo with a director of football who might help bring about a more seamless strategy. I dislike that our owner has been essentially evicted from the country, and that the stadium rebuild has been shelved in seeming retaliation -- neither of which are good for Chelsea Football Club.

I like Cesar Azpilicueta and N'Golo Kante. Very much.

I don't know how our new chain-smoking Italian will fare. Well, I hope. It would be nice of him to last long enough until we bring Frank and Jody back.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

It’s embarrassing that the players are posting things on social media and the club don’t even have the decency to release a statement. Bit poor IMHO

Absolutely. Then again we sacked Carlo in a corridor after finishing second.

Bye bye Antonio. Good luck in your future endeavors. Thank you for the 2 trophies and reinvigorating the belief that Chelsea can bounce back even after a shambles of a season. Will miss the touchline reactions