Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

You think that's part of the reason for wanting Sarri?

He'll get on with it even if he doesn't get the best signings which is what Conte seemed stuck on. 

Do you not think its still a bit of an irrational quote in this day and age?

Sometimes managers have to sign players if only to appease the fan base and the hierarchy of existing players.

If we are setting our store by Hazard, (and there is no sub-text from me whether we should or shouldn't, I am just glad that he is part of our team now) I am not sure that he would be overly enamoured with us just bringing through RLC, CHO Ampadu etc. He will believe that a marquee signing or two to work alongside demonstrates ambition.

I get what Sarri is saying and it is refreshing and I am excited about the possibility of us bringing through some real young talent, but I also think he will need to be able to play the markets as well to keep a balance in the side.

Time will tell.

59 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

You've only seen half the picture. the board can't defend himself so don't believe in every world that comes out of his mouth. I can easily see the way he's leading the team from the sideline transforming into a huge, pain in the as* in relationship between him and the club.

Conte was trying to repeat the same mistake Jose made at time - he wanted to get rid of our best players in order to bring some expensive average soldiers that would've listened to him. I was rooting Jose when he cast away Mata, De Brewin, Lukaku and Salah and then sold them in favor of Oscar, Eto'O, Marco Marin and Willian. I was wrong and delusional out of love and respect. Never gonna do it again. CFC > any manager. Simple as that.

CFC > any player who thinks they run this club because they’re good at their job.

6 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Of course players should be in charge. Messi has been in charge, Ronaldo has been in charge, Drogba, Lampard, JT, Ibra, Neymar. Hazard and Courtois waited damn too long to step up. Like it or not, this the era of the players and apparently they are above the coaches. And I don't mind it at all if we are talking about the delusional ones, trying to replace De Brewin with Oscar, Lukaku with Eto'o, Hazard with Ciro Immobile, Luiz with Coulibali or Costa with Morata.

You need to take your head for a wobble then, under NO circumstances should players be making decisions on who a football club has as manager and / or business decisions that are made. 

They are an employee paid to play football, not to run the team or the club, only in football would people justify this. I couldn’t turn round to my employer and say ‘sack my manager, I don’t like him’ and get away with it.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

How can they win it easily though? You’ve not actually answered my original question? You’ve just repeated that they could win it easily in court, I’m asking how? 

Any guesses about who he will walk in to is all hyperbole at the moment, only time will tell where he ends up.

Courtois has alwayssss flirted with leaving Spain, irrelevant of Conte or not. Hazard, again, speculation, he echoed Contes words last year about waiting to see what transfer activity we had. He didn’t say waiting to see what kind of football we play this year. 

Maybe so, and he has every right to do that, but the club are still capable of releasing a brief statement on it rather than letting the players confirm it.

I assumed you missed the point I was trying to make about Conte needing to let sleeping dogs lie. All CFC have to do is call witnesses. I'm sure Costa would be more than happy to appear for that. There's a more than good enough case against Conte for acting very unprofessionally over the past year behind the scenes.

Courtois has a big mouth. But I'm sure he and Hazard have been more convinced to move this season than even the 15/16 season. That is if Conte had stayed. Fought Costa. Fouth Luiz (his own signing). Fought Rudiger (his own signing). Fouth Willian. Tried to blame Hazard for his own tactical ineptitude in the United and City games. Filed out his 2 new assistants in the dressing room (where Emenalo was present) and presented them to the players as his new signings just to prove a silly "I haven't been gotten new players" point, etc. I'm actually highly disappointed in Conte from all these reports. 

And I hope no one in here tries to tell me they're lies. If you can believe Matt Law's inside reporting on CFC when it's positive then you should believe it when it's negative. A lot of our players have more than enough reason to mouth off to the press as well.

The media having a field day with all the sh*t they are releasing and some of the posters in here falling for it and helping them to spread the crap. Nothing new in here then...

Edited by RMH

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

CFC > any player who thinks they run this club because they’re good at their job.

You need to take your head for a wobble then, under NO circumstances should players be making decisions on who a football club has as manager and / or business decisions that are made. 

They are an employee paid to play football, not to run the team or the club, only in football would people justify this. I couldn’t turn round to my employer and say ‘sack my manager, I don’t like him’ and get away with it.

How does saying "okay, I'm leaving" equate to "running this club"? Where's the correlation? Hazard is the least confrontational top player in the world. Somehow he's "running the club" because he (along with a few other teammates) can't stand the manager anymore and would rather be elsewhere? Again, where's the correlation?

Also, your employer doesn't pay you millions of pounds a year so you need to shelve that analogy. Conte was also an employee, wasn't he?

3 minutes ago, RMH said:

The media having a field day with all the sh*t they are releasing and some of the posters in here falling for it and helping them to spread the crap. Nothing new in here then...

I can go to the Jose thread and find posts like this after he was fired claiming all the media reports about what went on behind closed doors were BS and Hazard, Cesc and Costa were truly rats. When are we going to learn?

1 minute ago, Barrettinator said:

I assumed you missed the point I was trying to make about Conte needing to let sleeping dogs lie. All CFC have to do is call witnesses. I'm sure Costa would be more than happy to appear for that. There's a more than good enough case against Conte for acting very unprofessionally over the past year behind the scenes.

Courtois has a big mouth. But I'm sure he and Hazard have been more convinced to move this season than even the 15/16 season. That is if Conte had stayed. Fought Costa. Fouth Luiz (his own signing). Fought Rudiger (his own signing). Fouth Willian. Tried to blame Hazard for his own tactical ineptitude in the United and City games. Filed out his 2 new assistants in the dressing room (where Emenalo was present) and presented them to the players as his new signings just to prove a silly "I haven't been gotten new players" point, etc. I'm actually highly disappointed in Conte from all these reports. 

And I hope no one in here tries to tell me they're lies. If you can believe Matt Law's inside reporting on CFC when it's positive then you should believe it when it's negative. A lot of our players have more than enough reason to mouth off to the press as well.

Call witnesses? If it’s in his contract, it’s there in black and white. I’m sure Conte has most of his back room staff as witnesses as well. There’s also many a case for Costa acting like a clown in his entire time with us. 

REPORTS So these are all what? Rumours? From a journalist who is close to the club? I don’t think he’s in the changing rooms when club matters are going out. I don’t mean to sounds like @yorkleyblue but I don’t believe he has inside knowledge on the club whether good or bad. They all get things just as much wrong as they do right, people just forget everything the got wrong as soon as they’re close to getting something accurate.

As I said before, no need for us to carry this conversation on, we won’t agree. The club has treated another trophy winning manager like sh**e, same old, same old.

1 minute ago, Barrettinator said:

I can go to the Jose thread and find posts like this after he was fired claiming all the media reports about what went on behind closed doors were BS and Hazard, Cesc and Costa were truly rats. When are we going to learn?

If you realise that's not the way, why are you so vicious towards Conte? Everyone is entitled to an opinion and discuss it, but some of the comments on here towards the coach (and Club but to a much less extent) are embarrassing.

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck informed Conte and his staff that they are being sacked for “a series of irregular behaviours”. #CFC (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Sounds as if the club really trying to screw Conte over with his compensation. 

5 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

How does saying "okay, I'm leaving" equate to "running this club"? Where's the correlation? Hazard is the least confrontational top player in the world. Somehow he's "running the club" because he (along with a few other teammates) can't stand the manager anymore and would rather be elsewhere? Again, where's the correlation?

Also, your employer doesn't pay you millions of pounds a year so you need to shelve that analogy. Conte was also an employee, wasn't he?

Have you even read his posts? He’s talking about Messi/Ronaldo running the clubs/teams. Then saying it’s taken Hazard/Tibo too long to step up, there’s the correlation if you read it in context instead of just waffling.

For one you have no idea what I’m paid, but you’ll also see I stated ‘only in football’ thus acknowledging the different fields, I don’t think that was too hard to understand.

indeed he was, who was employed to RUN THE TEAM. A footballer is employed to PLAY FOOTBALL, is that simple enough to understand? 

14 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Well, this could be a very strong argument if it was applicable to the guy you are defending so passionately. Conte is the one to blame for attempting to turn into a tyrant.

You should buy a history book, these relations are settled a looong time ago. Everybody knows who's in charge. But the players, just like coach, have opinions to share. And I'm glad they did it, the same way I was when Lampard, Drogba, JT and Cole had something to say about AVB.

9 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Having said that, you should see that when I criticise Conte, I'm doing it without any bias. NOBODY made him take preseason. He did that himself. 

Well he has a contract with the club that puts him in charge of training. We hadn't released him from said contract and so technically, yes we somebody did make him do it. The club did but not sacking him. He was doing what he was contracted to do. 

Marina (and I assume Buck) had been trying to pay him less than the 9m in his contract to pay him off and he was having none of it. 

Honest question, if you was entitled to a £9m settlement for being sacked, as agreed 12 months earlier, would you take anything less? He's got every right to the full amount of compensation owed to him. 

They even tried to use the Costa issue and he still didn't budge. 

If they took issue with how he handled the Costa situation then they should have intervened when it happen. Not a year later retrospectively trying to cite it as a reason for not paying him when he was allowed/expected to manage the team for another full year during which period we also gave him a pay rise. 

This was just him making sure he covered all bases just so we wouldn't come back and say "oh you even neglected pre-season, we can't pay you full price". Had absolutely nothing to do with anyone forcing him.

So if he's covered all of his bases and carried out all of the duties expected of him and we're the ones wanting to part ways with him because we want to hire a new head coach then we have to pay him what he's owed. The board chose not to do this in a timely manner, they chose to allow it to get to a point where he's continued to work into the third year of his contract so they've got to accept the consequences of releasing someone early from a contract that they chose to improve last year. 

How Conte has or has or has not performed in regards to achieving things on the pitch is irrelevant unless there were clauses in his contract that said he would forfeit certain compensation rights in the event of not achieving said targets. 

29 minutes ago, dkw said:

Or an idiot.

there we go, glad we finally got to the point where you feel so incapable to argue that the the peasant in yourself showed up.

Let me educate you with one scheme . People used to accept that for centuries but it looks like someone is milking cows for leaving in the deep country.

Owner > CEO > managers > employees. Even bellow the manager, the employees have earned the right to complain, strike and even change the course of the enterprise. Especially in existence of abuse of power. the I told you, buy a history book.

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck informed Conte and his staff that they are being sacked for “a series of irregular behaviours”. #CFC (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Sounds as if the club really trying to screw Conte over with his compensation. 

If there's an impending legal battle it may explain why there's been no official announcement yet.

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

There's a more than good enough case against Conte for acting very unprofessionally over the past year behind the scenes.

And his contract (as all employment contracts) will have a defined disciplinary procedure, and if the Costa text actually happened, that would have been dealt with under that procedure 18 months ago, or would have been deemed at that time not to be a disciplinary matter.  Any court would refuse to even hear a case from the club for breaking a contract based on that.

There may well be many, many reasons why Conte can be sacked without his contractual entitlement, none of which we have any information about, but something done 18 months ago is not one of them.

Edited by yorkleyblue
spelling

Brutally short statement from the club

Chelsea Football Club and Antonio Conte have parted company.
During Antonio’s time at the club, we won our sixth league title and eighth FA Cup. In the title winning season, the club set a then-record 30 wins in a 38-game Premier League season, as well as a club-record 13 consecutive league victories.

We wish Antonio every success in his future career.

Guest Sindre

Really short, i'm sure the club was tempted to just write "Chelsea Football Club and Antonio Conte have parted company." and left it at that.

4 minutes ago, Stim said:

So now we can actually be either "TF, now f**k off you, deliberately spoiling our season" or "Well, I'm gutted and he was the best manager ever, ever" depending on our degree of w**kerness, but at least it will be based on fact and not twatter bollocks