Jump to content


JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, atomis said:

So we havent even paid the man his dues yet? f**k the 8,7M but if he is good for the other 11M then pay the man. We handled the Conte sacking so so badly. 

If he has done what is being reported then we have every right not to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what it has been dealt with badly.........the Club damn well knew he was a goner........yet we waited and waited and waited.......Thus why he is suing for damages.

Edited by atomis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, atomis said:

No matter what it has been dealt with badly.........the Club damn well knew he was a goner........yet we waited and waited and waited.......Thus why he is suing for damages.

No doubt, but if the rumours are true about his unexplained absense (which apparently cost us Tolliso) then he won't have a leg to stand on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Argo said:

No doubt, but if the rumours are true about his unexplained absense (which apparently cost us Tolliso) then he won't have a leg to stand on. 

Are you referring to his alleged 10 day absence in the summer of 2017, when he supposedly went flirting with AC Milan ?. I hadn't read that it cost us Tolisso. 

Edited by Osgood is Good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Osgood is Good said:

Are you referring to his alleged 10 day absence, when he supposedly went flirting with AC Milan ?. I hadn't read that it cost us Tolisso. 

I have in a couple of places, could be right or wrong, and yes the alleged absence last summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Argo said:

I have in a couple of places, could be right or wrong, and yes the alleged absence last summer.

Sorry, I wasn't doubting what you had said, just I hadn't read it. If it was true Tolisso was highly regarded, and we needed a decent midfielder at the time. SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

From my point of view, Conte doesn't deserve a penny. He was criticising his employers to the media almost every week last season, he damaged his own reputation with his behaviour.

Problem is Scott no one really knows what went on behind the scenes, it could have been and sounds like a dog's breakfast....I mean if the club are so hard up that they have to bring a petty thing up like parking in the wrong spot is beyond belief.  I think it's fair to say that both sides are equally to blame for this mess. Split the difference and stop pissing about, both sides will learn from their mistake..................oh I forgot this isn't exactly the first time we have run into dismissing managers, yet somehow we generally make a mess of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club can sack the manager whenever they want. He didn't like the timing. Tough titties. 

 

The club should sue him for breach of contract. Every single week he was moaning in his press conferences about transfer policy, saying it had nothing to do with him, complaining about his squad, complaining about the board. This was a dereliction of duty because it created a negative atmosphere amongst his troops, but more importantly, contracts are watertight. You get paid a lot of dough to do your best with the hand your dealt, you can't be slagging the club off. If you do that, you're out of a job and you've breached the terms of your agreement.

 

That's why managers tow the party line even when they're not happy. All managers want more players, more money, etc etc, they don't all shoot their mouth off every week. Look at Pochettino, if you want a perfect example. Managing a top football club is a very privileged position. You get paid well you get adulation if you're doing well you get to work with top players.

 

Edit: Chelsea are contesting this for a reason. Why should he be able to take the piss out of us? He's wrong. Of course Chelsea should contest it. The guy hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Edited by Davey Baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Problem is Scott no one really knows what went on behind the scenes, it could have been and sounds like a dog's breakfast....I mean if the club are so hard up that they have to bring a petty thing up like parking in the wrong spot is beyond belief.  I think it's fair to say that both sides are equally to blame for this mess. Split the difference and stop pissing about, both sides will learn from their mistake..................oh I forgot this isn't exactly the first time we have run into dismissing managers, yet somehow we generally make a mess of it. 

Scolari and AVB both epically flopped yet we had no problem giving both a full pay out. If the club are refusing to pay a title winning manager then he must have done some heavy duty sh*t last season, even worse than what's being rumoured/reported!

Edited by Argo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, atomis said:

No matter what it has been dealt with badly.........the Club damn well knew he was a goner........yet we waited and waited and waited.......Thus why he is suing for damages.

He could have quit any time he wanted. But no, he wanted the big payout of being fired. So now apparently its not enough for him to get a vast payout, he also wants another one for the timing? Bollocks to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kentonio said:

He could have quit any time he wanted. But no, he wanted the big payout of being fired. So now apparently its not enough for him to get a vast payout, he also wants another one for the timing? Bollocks to that.

As mentioned, as would we all. I agree f**k the 8.7M in damages etc....f**k that. He was a goner long before he was sacked, yet we waited on what exactly? No matter what he was finished, no matter who would replace him, he was still done. So why the brutal wait? We handled it badly, made a meal of it. 1 day after the FA-cup he should have been sacked.........this will drag on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should never have given him the improved contract. 

There was clearly some bad blood between him and the club coming off the back of the title win. The alleged 10 day absence and the Costa saga but we handed him improved terms anyway. 

So we only have ourselves to blame for how much money he's owed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2018 at 07:49, atomis said:

1 day after the FA-cup he should have been sacked..

They played chicken with him and he didn’t flinch. They gambled that he would quit for another job and they wouldn’t have to pay him anything. 

Chelsea lost that bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×