Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

I reckon the flurry of betting on Thursday on Conte getting sacked emanated from the camp surrounding John Terry. The guy probably had a bust up with the manager after being told he wasn't in the starting line-up for Saturday and reckoned he could get the manager sacked just like he's dislodged previous ones. Conte has clearly decided this is the best formation and there's no place for Terry in it. I hope the club backs the manager this time

6 minutes ago, pamery said:

I reckon the flurry of betting on Thursday on Conte getting sacked emanated from the camp surrounding John Terry. The guy probably had a bust up with the manager after being told he wasn't in the starting line-up for Saturday and reckoned he could get the manager sacked just like he's dislodged previous ones. Conte has clearly decided this is the best formation and there's no place for Terry in it. I hope the club backs the manager this time

What the hell are you talking about ? Terry has been injured. You are showing a shocking amount of disrespect for a player who has given everything to this club for 20 years of his life.

10 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

What the hell are you talking about ? Terry has been injured. You are showing a shocking amount of disrespect for a player who has given everything to this club for 20 years of his life.

Player power drove out Mourinho (twice), Scolari, Villas Boas, di Matteo and Terry is always at the centre of it. If Conte deals with the guy we will see an immediate improvement in the team's fortunes.

Just now, pamery said:

Player power drove out Mourinho (twice), Scolari, Villas Boas, di Matteo and Terry is always at the centre of it. If Conte deals with the guy we will see an immediate improvement in the team's fortunes.

How do you know Terry is at the centre of any of these things ? Are you there, do you see them in training or are you just reading what the media says ? All of these managers were sacked because of results. Terry has always tried his best for every manager he has played under and has never once put in performances where he doesn't look interested. What you are saying is nonsense and all guess work with no basis in fact.

Hmm, terry is recovering. Conte wanted his contract extended because he knew what he means for this club.

Two clean sheets with the new 3-4-3 formation and the players look right at home with it.  Looks like this will stay as long as Conte is at the Bridge and why not?  The team is playing with a tactical mindset and know their roles now.

So far I would say Swansea game aside conte has won all the games he was supposed to, and to take a positive, the last two at a canter. The team had proved they can turn a game around or salvage somthing from a game. 

Where he has fallen down so far has been the 50/50 games, the ones that on paper could go either way. In years gone by you could get away with out winning those games because these was like 6 of them... United, Liverpool, gooners (not so much) then add City to mix and now you could add spuds and even Everton in to the mix ( I think they are much better under kouman) 

now we are up to 12 games a season that you just can't call, have to win at least half of them for me and we are 2 and zip right now.

next week will be a massive test for conte we need to get somthing from the United game

6 hours ago, pamery said:

Is that tongue in cheek?Please say yes.

Two things about Conte have impressed me. The first is his ability to look at mistakes made in previous games and adapt rather than doing same thing and hoping for a different outcome. Secondly we had 3 academy players come on as subs with one playing over 20 mins and also making a real contribution by getting an assist unlike previously when they came on in the 90th minute to serve the purpose of running down the clock which frustrated a lot of us.

9 hours ago, pamery said:

Errmm what? By all accounts he was the only of the old guard that didn't turn againat atleast one of Scolari or AVB.

3 hours ago, abister1 said:

Two things about Conte have impressed me. The first is his ability to look at mistakes made in previous games and adapt rather than doing same thing and hoping for a different outcome. Secondly we had 3 academy players come on as subs with one playing over 20 mins and also making a real contribution by getting an assist unlike previously when they came on in the 90th minute to serve the purpose of running down the clock which frustrated a lot of us.

also note how in the last few games his subs have been coming a bit quicker compared to the usual. I'm really glad he's keen to change his approach and shake things up. I think what made Jose failed miserably (in his third season in his second spell) was how he refused to change his tactic, even when games after games show that oppositions have found out ways to nullify his strategy

The bench for the Leciester game was pretty much dictated by absences of the senior players for injury/personal reasons etc, but what impressed me was that Conte was not scared to actually use the youth on the bench. If this had been the bench under Jose or Hiddink, we would have gone the whole 90 with the starting 11, or maybe JT would have got a run out.

7 hours ago, magichat said:

also note how in the last few games his subs have been coming a bit quicker compared to the usual. I'm really glad he's keen to change his approach and shake things up. I think what made Jose failed miserably (in his third season in his second spell) was how he refused to change his tactic, even when games after games show that oppositions have found out ways to nullify his strategy

Yeah absolutely. I was fuming at him about his apparent approach to subsitutions just a few weeks ago, and now I'm very happy to withdraw that and admit I judged too quickly. That and the youth subsitutions are giving me real hope that he could be great for us. The only black mark for me so far is the Fab situation, but I guess we'll see how that pans out.

7 hours ago, magichat said:

Yeh that's exactly part of what I classed as a mistake. Making late subs as has been his way for much of his managerial career and being able to change.  When Jose does same things over and over its because I feel he thinks he's too good and not much to learn again as he has won with his methods. Great manager but his arrogance whilst considered a strength to an extent may be his downfall.

1 hour ago, Kentonio said:

Yeah absolutely. I was fuming at him about his apparent approach to subsitutions just a few weeks ago, and now I'm very happy to withdraw that and admit I judged too quickly. That and the youth subsitutions are giving me real hope that he could be great for us. The only black mark for me so far is the Fab situation, but I guess we'll see how that pans out.

Fabregas is too much of a liability really. Can't play well when pressed and can't defend not run. He has no place in this team.

Really happy for Conte as his hard work is starting to pay off. I remember after the Arsenal game I was thinking if that's what is going to take to remove Ivanovic from the team, it's probably worth it. I'm not saying 343 is bullet proof, but it does solve the defensive problem on the right back, give us more width in attack, and room in the middle for Hazard/Costa to work with. He's even give the youth a run, something Jose rarely does even when 3:0 up.

On 10/15/2016 at 14:59, dkw said:

No your right, bookies never ever manipulate markets....also in other news bears dont sh*t in the woods and the pope isnt catholic.

Depends on your meaning of manipulation.

They wouldnt purposely create a fictional story about an influx of bets. Especially on such a minor market as this one.

Manipulation of odds to favour a certain selection in order to make profit, is a traders job. This is a completely different thing altogether. 

On 10/15/2016 at 16:05, Kentonio said:

Why would you randomly bet on an extremely unlikely event at huge odds? Whereas if everyone's talking about it being likely, and you can still get 6-1 on it..

Do you really think a bookmaker that turnsover millions of £, would come up with an idea on a thursday afternoon to fictionalise the imminent sacking of a PL manager, in order to try and lay that selection for what in relative terms is a tiny sum..

It doesnt/wouldnt happen. Trust me.

8 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

Do you really think a bookmaker that turnsover millions of £, would come up with an idea on a thursday afternoon to fictionalise the imminent sacking of a PL manager, in order to try and lay that selection for what in relative terms is a tiny sum..

It doesnt/wouldnt happen. Trust me.

Do you work for a bookmakers? Just curious, because I don't know how the industry works, I just know that most companies would be happy to use a strategy like that if it was legal. Management teams are usually happy to raise a profit margin especially if it can be done very easily. They wouldn't need to fictionalize anything really, just drop the odds, maybe promote the offer on a frontpage and watch the media trip over themselves to fill in the blanks.

Edited by Kentonio
2 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Do you work for a bookmakers? Just curious, because I don't know how the industry works, I just know that most companies would be happy to use a strategy like that if it was legal. Management teams are usually happy to raise a profit margin especially if it can be done very easily. They wouldn't need to fictionalize anything really, just drop the odds, maybe promote the offer on a frontpage and watch the media trip over themselves to fill in the blanks.

Yeah I do work for a bookmakers.

Dropping the odds wouldnt be an offer, it would be the opposite.

A front page offer might be for example, to offer Chelsea at bigger odds against Man United. That would entice customers to bet as they are getting more money back should the selection win.

1 minute ago, jamie#8 said:

Yeah I do work for a bookmakers.

Dropping the odds wouldnt be an offer, it would be the opposite.

A front page offer might be for example, to offer Chelsea at bigger odds against Man United. That would entice customers to bet as they are getting more money back should the selection win.

Cool, good to hear from someone with experience. Cheers man. :good2:

• coco unpinned this topic