Jump to content

JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, bola said:

The last 2 games against city and spurs, I would not say we passed those tests with flying colors.. yeah, we got the result, showing great character to come back from going behind but overall performance wise, apart from our finishing that happened to be sublime on the day, was lacking.. I don't like to say it but spurs had us on that 1st half, had it not them running out of steam (as a result of their pile fixtures & injuries), we might have to endure pochetino smug post match interview like when the last time we lost to them..

 

The city game was even more obvious on our weakness, too many chances conceded and failure to control the game with intelligent ball possession game, they could have easily won by 2 or more goals on another day, that's how fortunate we were on the day...

 

Positively thinking, maybe it's a good sign that we managed to beat them even without playing that well but I'd rather us addressing the issue before the damage have been done.. Conte waited until we lost a couple of points before making changes even though the signs were there in the previous games so hopefully, he acts sooner this time around...

 

This is football, we were playing for a win, they had better minutes us and we had better minutes than them, but the difference is that we've used those better minutes and scored goals and won the games, most important thing. 

It's only Conte's first season with us, he's building something here and until now it seems fantastic. Who could believe that after our last season we would run for the title. 

8 wins a row, in those games we conceded only 2 goals and scored 22, few players turned into world-class players again under him. Maybe he had few errors at the beginning, but everyone allowed to make mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

That's a whole lot of ifs, buts and maybes. 

8 wins on the bounce now, two games against teams striving to challenge for the title included and you still can't bring yourself to say "Conte is doing a good job".

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. 

 

 Must I say that directly to satisfy your feeling?    Conte is improving, I though he was gonna stay static with his idea at the start of the season but he didn't to my surprise and delight, that's credit to him..

 

I see this forum have a tendency of overplaying the manager's impact as if it's all down to him and judgement is prohibited...  I can see how the mourinho love was coming from.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bola said:

 Must I say that directly to satisfy your feeling?    Conte is improving, I though he was gonna stay static with his idea at the start of the season but he didn't to my surprise and delight, that's credit to him..

 

I see this forum have a tendency of overplaying the manager's impact as if it's all down to him and judgement is prohibited...  I can see how the mourinho love was coming from.. 

 

Hes completely changed the formation, tactics, starting position, job and attitude of almost our entire team from last season, of course hes had a massive impact. You were wrong about him, you still are wrong about him and will obviously always be wrong about him as you cant bring yourself to admit hes doing incredibly well. Pretty pathetic in truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bola said:

The last 2 games against city and spurs, I would not say we passed those tests with flying colors.. yeah, we got the result, showing great character to come back from going behind but overall performance wise, apart from our finishing that happened to be sublime on the day, was lacking.. I don't like to say it but spurs had us on that 1st half, had it not them running out of steam (as a result of their pile fixtures & injuries), we might have to endure pochetino smug post match interview like when the last time we lost to them..

 

The city game was even more obvious on our weakness, too many chances conceded and failure to control the game with intelligent ball possession game, they could have easily won by 2 or more goals on another day, that's how fortunate we were on the day...

 

Positively thinking, maybe it's a good sign that we managed to beat them even without playing that well but I'd rather us addressing the issue before the damage have been done.. Conte waited until we lost a couple of points before making changes even though the signs were there in the previous games so hopefully, he acts sooner this time around...

...and the whinging begins!:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dkw said:

Hes completely changed the formation, tactics, starting position, job and attitude of almost our entire team from last season, of course hes had a massive impact. You were wrong about him, you still are wrong about him and will obviously always be wrong about him as you cant bring yourself to admit hes doing incredibly well. Pretty pathetic in truth.

Reminds me of "What have the Romans ever done for us ?" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 games against teams in the top 6, 9 points out of possible 15. It's a good record after the initial bad patches. We only drew 1 game which is great, I was happy to take a win/lose against Spurs/City, but NOT 2 draws. We aren't bullet proof, everyone knows that. However the progress made by Conte in the past 2 months are nothing short of sensational. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 08:54, sean1990 said:

Already had one i was at watford away and they was singing antonio conte, does it better, makes me happy, makes me feel this way! basically on repeat to the tune of Aint nobody (loves me better)

Do not get me wrong, I think Chelsea fans vocal support is some of the best in the Premier league and we should continue to support the team as best we can but I have a concern. I think Chelsea fans are in danger of accidentally putting distance between the players and the manager. I noticed when Jose came back the fans used to sing his name an awful lot and the singing of his name would ring out at top volume around the ground. It was often the loudest and longest chant of the day. At the time I had an email exchange with Pat Nevin in which I raised concern about the possibility that the players might feel put out that they were doing their best and the fans were siding with Jose. Pats response was that some players would identify with this. Think about it. If you were at work and your boss was taking all the credit for your good work you might not be best pleased. Yes Antonio has changed things for the better but so have the players.

I think we are in danger of putting distance between Antonio and the players. The crowd are really enjoying the new Antonio chant, as well they should, but, before you start or join in with this chant, just give a thought for the players who are working their B****cks off for the cause. I'm not saying stop singing for Antonio but how about a lot more singing for the team and the players. Especially towards the end of games when the players might be tiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Zola said:

The players have their own songs too, which get sung a fair bit

Does Hazard have a song that gets sung often? I'm Austrian so it's hard for me to attend matches in person, but on TV the only songs I regularly hear are Diego's, Willian's and Cesc's. Which other songs are there that get sung often?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And "Tibo, Tibo" - when he makes a save, (not really a song but a chant).  

Ivanovic - da da da da da (muppet song - Menomena).

 "We'll just call you Dave, we'll just call you Dave, Azpilecueta, we'll just call you Dave"  (haven't heard that for a while I don't think?),

"da da da da, Victor Moses" (can't think of the name of the tune  - @Zola can you help?

"Matic in the middle of the pitch" (Our House by Madness)

"Double double double, John Terry has won the double, and the sh*t from the lane have won f**k all again and John Terry has won the double"

"Oh David Luiz, you are the love of my life, oh David Luiz, I'll let you shag my wife, oh David Luiz, I want curly hair too"

And heard at I think Everton for the first time - "Batshuyai, aha aha, I like it" (That's the way I like it by KC and the Sunshine Band)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Later in a game when the team may be tiring it's better to support the whole team. In years gone by I remember singing Chelsea, Chelsea to the tune of Amazing grace for ages. It's an easy chant the whole stadium can join in with and after a while it becomes a like a hypnotic mantra. COYB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posted this on The Red Café. They're looking for someone/thing to blame so I gave them something to think about.

You're all looking at the obvious but you need to think outside the box. Nothing is ever that simple and there could be any number of subtle behind the scene reasons impacting on the teams performance. Little things. Sometimes when a player misreads the trajectory of a pass the smallest detail can distract the focus. Take Pogba's haircut at the beginning of the season for example. The second glance that overpowering style attracted could easily have taken a players mind off the matter in hand. Think about it. You're running at full pelt towards the edge of the box trying to judge the flight of a cross when a self levitating walnut whip bobs along the wing and sends in a quick ball. Wallnut whip.... Head the ball....... Wallnut whip ....... Head the ball. This is precisely the type of thing to send any centre forward into fits of indecision. Before you know it the cross has gone and the crowd are on your back. This type of disregard for sensible haircuts needs to stop. I know the root of this problem, (I really must get mine done at the weekend), started with Beckham or maybe even Dennis Law but look no further than Marouane Fellaini as the instigator of the current crop (no pun intended) of miscreants. He need to be brought to account. I know it distracts the opposition as well but they don't, usually, have to be on the end of one of his passes. If he wants to stay in the team he really does need to consider a good trim.
What about Charlton's furiously flapping comb over, I hear you shout, that could easily put you off a diving header but nobody ever complained about that, and you might have a point. But do not underestimate the holding effect that half a tub of Brylcream and a hard worked up sweat can have. He probably did manually flap it back into place a few times during each match but if you check back on the films he only ever did this when the ball had gone out of play. A true professional if ever there was one. Fellaini doesn't even come close.

So where does this leave us? I think Jose needs to lead from the front. If he wants the respect of the squad he should shave off his entire head of hair. Think of the leadership that would show. The sacrifice alone would show those softy pretty boys that even in the darkest depths of a cold hard winter he can man up and face the elements. It's this type of example that would endear him to the players sense of courage. If Jose can man up, so can we! The advantage of the full shave is it's quick. No three year wait for a pony tail. (Take note Zlatan) A quick shave all over with the clippers and no more distractions on those tricky headers. If the players insist on some form of cosmetic enhancement they could be encouraged to apply a little moisturiser, but only to prevent troublesome scalp problems.

Think about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Among other things i love how good we have become at counter attacking under him. I am not counting by i am sure we have lots more counter attacking goals so far this season that we had at this point in previous years. We are quick, fluid and incredibly sharp at counters. Its a lovely thing to see and it makes us able to hurt teams for the slightest little mistake they make. From Alonso miscleared a ball into Fabregas feet in our own box against City it took 12 seconds and Willian had put the ball in the net at the other side of the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2016 at 12:31, bola said:

The last 2 games against city and spurs, I would not say we passed those tests with flying colors.. yeah, we got the result, showing great character to come back from going behind but overall performance wise, apart from our finishing that happened to be sublime on the day, was lacking.. I don't like to say it but spurs had us on that 1st half, had it not them running out of steam (as a result of their pile fixtures & injuries), we might have to endure pochetino smug post match interview like when the last time we lost to them..

 

The city game was even more obvious on our weakness, too many chances conceded and failure to control the game with intelligent ball possession game, they could have easily won by 2 or more goals on another day, that's how fortunate we were on the day...

 

Positively thinking, maybe it's a good sign that we managed to beat them even without playing that well but I'd rather us addressing the issue before the damage have been done.. Conte waited until we lost a couple of points before making changes even though the signs were there in the previous games so hopefully, he acts sooner this time around...

City came at us with possibly the most attacking lineup in league history in Aguero, De bruyne, Sane, Navas, Gundogan, Silva. I don't care how good your defence is, you're not facing this line up and not giving away chances, and especially when your defence consists of Cahill and Alonso. 

Seems to me like some people want us to destroy teams week in and week out which will be acceptable if we were playing in some tinpot league and not the richest, toughest most competitive league in the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2016 at 14:34, Andy North said:

Please can we stop singing Antonioooooooooo, Antoniooooooooooo, Antonio, Antonio, Antonioooooooooooo all the time.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo   Never Never Never Never Never

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ivanov87 said:

Um why?

Do not get me wrong, I think Chelsea fans vocal support is some of the best in the Premier league and we should continue to support the team as best we can but I have a concern. I think Chelsea fans are in danger of accidentally putting distance between the players and the manager. I noticed when Jose came back the fans used to sing his name an awful lot and the singing of his name would ring out at top volume around the ground. It was often the loudest and longest chant of the day. At the time I had an email exchange with Pat Nevin in which I raised concern about the possibility that the players might feel put out that they were doing their best and the fans were siding with Jose. Pats response was that some players would identify with this. Think about it. If you were at work and your boss was taking all the credit for your good work you might not be best pleased. Yes Antonio has changed things for the better but so have the players.

I think we are in danger of putting distance between Antonio and the players. The crowd are really enjoying the new Antonio chant, as well they should, but, before you start or join in with this chant, just give a thought for the players who are working their B****cks off for the cause. I'm not saying stop singing for Antonio but how about a lot more singing for the team and the players. Especially towards the end of games when the players might be tiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...