Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

14 hours ago, RickUK said:

The guy has been a f**king breath of fresh air for us. I love him.  He got it wrong today, and it is about time Costa had a spell on the bench, and Cesc has to start v Soton. But i am not going to start berating him and question his ability like some melts on Twitter

I always expected the gap to close to 4pts at some stage, so i am not too worried. Conte is disciplined and won't let the players balls this up, i have utmost faith. 

Spurs' run in is far harder, they're not winning all their games, it is still our title barring a catastrophic f**k up and an epic run from Spurs

Thanks man. I always thought the point of building up a points lead was to create a buffer for when things don't go to plan and points are dropped so you  still have that wiggle room.  Some posts here after the loss seem to be telling me I had a mis-education on that point. 

Wow at the over-reaction.

Win some and lose some, thats football.

What did people expect that we wont lose a game until the end of time? 

Still a 4 point lead, spurs are playing great, so we need to pull up our socks and win a couple on trot to give ourselves a boost.

PS: just one gripe, drop costa, please!!!

I do think he made massive balls up yesterday by not changing what we could all see sooner but it's a defeat away to Man Utd who have a manager we know well enough. Let's not get carried away here and start turning on Conte. We need to pick ourselves back up for Spurs in the FA Cup then more importantly imo Southampton at Home.

Most of us want Costa dropped but conte won't, or maybe he cannot, drop him. 

Can we beat Spurs with this Costa in the team? No chance. No chance against everton either with 10 men. The other 5? That depends on conte making better calls than he did yesterday and if his remaining players still believe and listen to him, or if the Costa attitude is spreading. 

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Wow at the over-reaction.

Win some and lose some, thats football.

What did people expect that we wont lose a game until the end of time? 

Still a 4 point lead, spurs are playing great, so we need to pull up our socks and win a couple on trot to give ourselves a boost.

PS: just one gripe, drop costa, please!!!

Ive been saying this for months, yes he's been good in the past sometimes he's brilliant, but f**k me how can anyone have such a crap attitude. I said it again yesterday if he decides not to bother we would lose.

Totally mystified as to how he gets all this game time when he's  (playing) such garbage couldn't care less football.why oh why don't we play Batman or give RLC a tad more than 2 minutes when we're 2 nil down ffs.

People saying not to panic but we are. f**k this i'm pissed off.

4 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

Ive been saying this for months, yes he's been good in the past sometimes he's brilliant, but f**k me how can anyone have such a crap attitude. I said it again yesterday if he decides not to bother we would lose.

Totally mystified as to how he gets all this game time when he's  (playing) such garbage couldn't care less football.why oh why don't we play Batman or give RLC a tad more than 2 minutes when we're 2 nil down ffs.

ps. I'm also sweating on the best part of £1200 from when i backed us after the arsenal loss, and when i saw Costa wasn't interested yesterday i cashed out some of it.

Edited by Kev56
6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Most of us want Costa dropped but conte won't, or maybe he cannot, drop him. 

Can we beat Spurs with this Costa in the team? No chance. No chance against everton either with 10 men. The other 5? That depends on conte making better calls than he did yesterday and if his remaining players still believe and listen to him, or if the Costa attitude is spreading. 

Bang on.

4 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Because there is not a reason to panic. If i told u after the start the season that with 6 matches to go, we would be 4 points ahead of the 2nd placed team, you would have booked a room for me in some mental institute. 

Yes, we have fallen off the pace, but we are still in the driver's seat and people just need to get some perspective.

Antonio needs to sort out Costa, one way or the other. It's gotten to the point that his indifferent form, to put it mildly, may very well cost us the title. I think Conte doesn't trust Michy's ability at all and ultimately is left with no other choice, or at least that's how he sees it. I see no other reason why he'd start Diego game after game, considering that his form has been floating from average to abysmal for months now.

Either way I'd ship Costa out first thing come cummer. He's a liability and clearly can't be controlled. Hopefully we can get some good money from China and get someone who doesn't switch off halfway through the season.

The injuries, especially Alonso right before kick off messed up Conte's game plan. Playing Moses on the LWB played right into United's hand, there was no width on the left and no out ball to the flanks. Zouma is nota good passer, put more pressure on the team to play the ball out. As Conte stated, he didn't get the team properly prepared for this game, although on another day without the injury we probably would have walked away with a point. The real issue is what will he do with Costa, right now we are playing with 10 on the field. Costa's only interest last game was to compete with Rojo on the title of who's the most ugly dirty South American in the league. He couldn't even do the basic thing such as control the ball or play a short pass, and this has been go on for weeks if Not month now. I think Costa needs to dropped immediately and play the 3 mobile attackers, twice we played that system and won 3:0 with some of the best passing football we have played.

21 minutes ago, cfcblue said:

Lack of squad rotation may bite us in the bum... ???  ...  Bats, Chalobah, etc. should be integrated.

Kurt, Matic, Costa, Asmir ... bang average or no longer good enough...

Neither are Bats and Chalobah. 

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

hahahahha

This is great to read. So now Matic, Zouma, Costa, Begovic are bang average/not good enough. 

I know Costa has been going through a dip of form, but "not good enough". Absolutely hilarious. 

Gotta say, the fair weatherism is way to high on here.

Dont forget all his goals were tap ins/deflections, thats another beauty we have had lately.

A little disappointed with people criticizing Conte's whole approach of the away game at United, understandably there are a number of things which he could've done differently however previously when we got completely outplayed against a big team we went on a 13 game unbeaten run after some radical changes to the team setup.

I am convinced that this loss will have a similar impact on the team, I really hope Conte switches things around and goes in with a 3-5-2 set up with Hazard and Pedro up top and incorporate Fabregas into the team alongside Kante & Matic. 

On 17/04/2017 at 18:04, didierforever said:

Because there is not a reason to panic. If i told u after the start the season that with 6 matches to go, we would be 4 points ahead of the 2nd placed team, you would have booked a room for me in some mental institute. 

Yes, we have fallen off the pace, but we are still in the driver's seat and people just need to get some perspective.

At the start of the season i think almost all Chelsea fans would have been chuffed to f**k to finish top 4, What i'm irked with is attitudes, especially Costas. As I've said many times if he shows any sign of his couldn't give a sh*t attitude take him off and put anyone at all in his place who will actually try and put a shift in.

On 4/18/2017 at 10:16, didierforever said:

hahahahha

This is great to read. So now Matic, Zouma, Costa, Begovic are bang average/not good enough. 

I know Costa has been going through a dip of form, but "not good enough". Absolutely hilarious. 

Gotta say, the fair weatherism is way to high on here.

I'm not sure what you find so funny. Costa when he's focused and playing his best is good enough. Costa of the last few months has been poor, at times shockingly poor. Matic circa 2014-15 season is more than good enough, unfortunately we see that version of Matic once every month at best. Begovic is a solid backup, but nothing more. Zouma is still very raw and while a good athlete, isn't good with a ball at his feet.

When players do well, they're being praised, when they don't, they get criticized.

Edited by abramovich

5 hours ago, abramovich said:

I'm not sure what you find so funny. Costa when he's focused and playing his best is good enough. Costa of the last few months has been poor, at times shockingly poor. Matic circa 2014-15 season is more than good enough, unfortunately we see that version of Matic once every month at best. Begovic is a solid backup, but nothing more. Zouma is still very raw and while a good athlete, isn't good with a ball at his feet.

When players do well, they're being praised, when they don't, they get criticized.

I find it funny that we lose 2 games and all of a sudden, half our squad is "not good enough". If i go back to the opinion/post i was laughing at, there were other names in it too: chalobah, rlc, bats. 

Not good enough, and yet that squad is sitting 4 points at the top of PL with 32 games played, Fa cup semi: so  I call that opinion as BULLsh*t.

begovic is a solid back up: thats his role in the squad and we are not doing any better than that EVER.

Zouma: is a great young talent, off a very serious injury. The kid is still just 22 years old and being a defender, has a massive shelf life. 

Matic and Costa are 2 of the main reasons why we are, where we are. We have 24 wins out of 32 PL games (75% win rate) while losing 5 (arsenal away, united away, spurs away and pool home) being 4 out of those 5 defeats. We surely have work to do to improve, but to say that they are not "good enough", is down right stupid.

• coco unpinned this topic