Jump to content

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager


Recommended Posts


Roman Abramovich is poised to make Antonio Conte the highest paid manager in Chelsea’s history and bankroll a £200million summer spend as reward for winning the Premier League title.

Chelsea are also confident that Eden Hazard will sign a new £300,000-a-week contract after holding positive talks with the Belgian over his future in the days leading up to Friday night’s title success at West Bromwich Albion.

Chelsea are adamant that Real Madrid target Hazard will not be sold in the summer and are understood to have told the 26-year-old that he can achieve all of his ambitions at Stamford Bridge during an encouraging meeting.

With the club willing to hand him a new £300,000-a-week contract, Hazard gave Chelsea further reason for optimism by giving an interview in which he claimed he could win the Ballon d’Or with his current employers.

Striker Romelu Lukaku, who Everton value at £100m, is a top target, along with central defender Virgil van Dijk and midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko. Conte is also looking for a full-back and a wide player to allow him to play a 4-2-4 when he so wishes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/13/antonio-conte-poised-become-chelseas-highest-ever-paid-manager/

::ChELSeAFaN::

Link to post
Share on other sites

As every day goes by I love Conte a little bit more.

WHAT a transition. What a first season. The guy is pure class and I just pray he stays and is allowed to build something special.

Love how he evaluated the squad back in the summer and early part of the season and identified the players who didn't fit. Cuadrado, Mikel, Oscar and Ivan. Three of those had all played big parts in the past but he saw what many of us felt and rightly moved them on. Every player he has picked this season has contributed at some point and all have played a part in this seasons success and you can see that they have all bought into Contes philosophy. It will now be interesting to see what he does in the summer. What youngsters who have played a part this season will stay in the squad / which will go on loan or be moved on? How many of those out on loan who have performed well will perhaps get a chance - Baker, Abraham, Christensen. Expect one or two senior players to be moved on and at least one major signing but whatever happens I have COMPLETE faith in Conte. Exciting Times.

"ANTONIO, ANTONIO..................................."

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nibs said:

As every day goes by I love Conte a little bit more.

WHAT a transition. What a first season. The guy is pure class and I just pray he stays and is allowed to build something special.

Love how he evaluated the squad back in the summer and early part of the season and identified the players who didn't fit. Cuadrado, Mikel, Oscar and Ivan. Three of those had all played big parts in the past but he saw what many of us felt and rightly moved them on. Every player he has picked this season has contributed at some point and all have played a part in this seasons success and you can see that they have all bought into Contes philosophy. It will now be interesting to see what he does in the summer. What youngsters who have played a part this season will stay in the squad / which will go on loan or be moved on? How many of those out on loan who have performed well will perhaps get a chance - Baker, Abraham, Christensen. Expect one or two senior players to be moved on and at least one major signing but whatever happens I have COMPLETE faith in Conte. Exciting Times.

"ANTONIO, ANTONIO..................................."

He did want Cuadrado to stay. He had been after Cuadrado at Juve and in fact one of the reasons he quit Juve was the failure of their board to get him Cuadrado (among other targets). But the lad preferred to continue at Juve this season, which in hindsight looks like he made the perfect decision as he's about to win a treble there.

But yes, Conte has been immense. Next season present a different kind of challenge for him and I hope he passes with flying colours again. The Manchester clubs will be better, as will Liverpool and Spurs. Arsenal will be Arsenal. I'm sure Conte also wants to win the CL. There are reports that he felt sad when Allegri took his Juve team to the CL final the season after he'd left for the Italy job. He probably has a chip on his shoulder about that, especially seeing as essentially the same Juve team (in terms of players) are in another CL final and could win it this time. Hopefully the board backs Conte and gets him all the players he wants. 

It feels a bit like when we got young Jose back in 2004 but with a better twist to it. Hopefully this is a long and successful marriage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's said Antonio has improved a lot of the player's. But bar Alonso defensively i don't think he has, he has just done something a lot of manager's can't seem to manage, he's USED THEM PROPERLY.

Moses has awful decision making in final 3rd area's but brilliant pace, stamina and athleticism, Conte has put him in a position that plays to his strength's and for the large part hides his major weaknesses. Luiz still has the rash moment's (like vs Rondon Friday), but Conte has found the perfect position for him where-as he can utilize his skills and when the rushes of blood come there's cover around him 9 times out of 10, like when he misjudged the Rondon moment. The one critque of Azpi as a fullback was that he wasn't great going forward, Conte has found the position where he can be the defensive rock he has always been while there not being a major demand on him going forward bar passing it out from the back to help the build up construction, basically anything he does going forward now (like his title winning assist) is a bonus not a requirement. Pedro was sh*t last season because the system didn't suit his game, he often was in a position where he needed to create magic himself, and he isn't that player Conte's wingback system has allowed Pedro to play closer to Hazard in the pocket and combine with him the way he did with Messi and Villa and the results have been devastating. 

Now to Antonio's best bit of management after Azpi at RCB, his use of Cesc. Lets be real here, Cesc has as much athleticism as 60 year olds that play badminton at their local gym, and that has led to him burningout and also be a major target to expoit defensively (i still shudder thinking about De Bruyne using him as a traffic cone almost) but with the major weaknesses he also has major strength's, ones we will struggle to replace should he go, and Conte has used him when his strength's are needed and kept him firmly on the bench when his weaknesses were likely to be exploited.

Just absolute genius management, i honestly thought Jose mark 1 was as good as it was ever going to get for us, but he is just as good if not better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Argo said:

It's said Antonio has improved a lot of the player's. But bar Alonso defensively i don't think he has, he has just done something a lot of manager's can't seem to manage, he's USED THEM PROPERLY.

Moses has awful decision making in final 3rd area's but brilliant pace, stamina and athleticism, Conte has put him in a position that plays to his strength's and for the large part hides his major weaknesses. Luiz still has the rash moment's (like vs Rondon Friday), but Conte has found the perfect position for him where-as he can utilize his skills and when the rushes of blood come there's cover around him 9 times out of 10, like when he misjudged the Rondon moment. The one critque of Azpi as a fullback was that he wasn't great going forward, Conte has found the position where he can be the defensive rock he has always been while there not being a major demand on him going forward bar passing it out from the back to help the build up construction, basically anything he does going forward now (like his title winning assist) is a bonus not a requirement. Pedro was sh*t last season because the system didn't suit his game, he often was in a position where he needed to create magic himself, and he isn't that player Conte's wingback system has allowed Pedro to play closer to Hazard in the pocket and combine with him the way he did with Messi and Villa and the results have been devastating. 

Now to Antonio's best bit of management after Azpi at RCB, his use of Cesc. Lets be real here, Cesc has as much athleticism as 60 year olds that play badminton at their local gym, and that has led to him burningout and also be a major target to expoit defensively (i still shudder thinking about De Bruyne using him as a traffic cone almost) but with the major weaknesses he also has major strength's, ones we will struggle to replace should he go, and Conte has used him when his strength's are needed and kept him firmly on the bench when his weaknesses were likely to be exploited.

Just absolute genius management, i honestly thought Jose mark 1 was as good as it was ever going to get for us, but he is just as good if not better.

Good post, Argo. I think sometimes people underestimate football management. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2017 at 14:06, havelschayes said:

Roman Abramovich is poised to make Antonio Conte the highest paid manager in Chelsea’s history and bankroll a £200million summer spend as reward for winning the Premier League title.

Chelsea are also confident that Eden Hazard will sign a new £300,000-a-week contract after holding positive talks with the Belgian over his future in the days leading up to Friday night’s title success at West Bromwich Albion.

Chelsea are adamant that Real Madrid target Hazard will not be sold in the summer and are understood to have told the 26-year-old that he can achieve all of his ambitions at Stamford Bridge during an encouraging meeting.

With the club willing to hand him a new £300,000-a-week contract, Hazard gave Chelsea further reason for optimism by giving an interview in which he claimed he could win the Ballon d’Or with his current employers.

Striker Romelu Lukaku, who Everton value at £100m, is a top target, along with central defender Virgil van Dijk and midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko. Conte is also looking for a full-back and a wide player to allow him to play a 4-2-4 when he so wishes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/13/antonio-conte-poised-become-chelseas-highest-ever-paid-manager/

::ChELSeAFaN::

 

Wow. And well-deserved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

He did want Cuadrado to stay. He had been after Cuadrado at Juve and in fact one of the reasons he quit Juve was the failure of their board to get him Cuadrado (among other targets). But the lad preferred to continue at Juve this season, which in hindsight looks like he made the perfect decision as he's about to win a treble there.

But yes, Conte has been immense. Next season present a different kind of challenge for him and I hope he passes with flying colours again. The Manchester clubs will be better, as will Liverpool and Spurs. Arsenal will be Arsenal. I'm sure Conte also wants to win the CL. There are reports that he felt sad when Allegri took his Juve team to the CL final the season after he'd left for the Italy job. He probably has a chip on his shoulder about that, especially seeing as essentially the same Juve team (in terms of players) are in another CL final and could win it this time. Hopefully the board backs Conte and gets him all the players he wants. 

It feels a bit like when we got young Jose back in 2004 but with a better twist to it. Hopefully this is a long and successful marriage.

I didn't read it that way actually. Yes i thought he wanted Cuadrado, because he called him back straight away. But then after a couple of weeks he then not only let him go back to Italy on loan, but let him go on a three year deal. I read into that that once Conte worked with Cuadrado maybe he didn't fancy him after all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Argo said:

The one critque of Azpi as a fullback was that he wasn't great going forward

Agree with what you're saying except this, seems to be a bit of a myth among Chelsea fans, considering he's pretty much never played on the right hand side it's a bit of a stretch to say he's not great going forward. Whenever he's played RWB for us he's looked good going forward, whether it be crosses in to the box or shots on goal. He's certainly got a better end product than Moses for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

I didn't read it that way actually. Yes i thought he wanted Cuadrado, because he called him back straight away. But then after a couple of weeks he then not only let him go back to Italy on loan, but let him go on a three year deal. I read into that that once Conte worked with Cuadrado maybe he didn't fancy him after all.

Yep, that's pretty how much I saw it too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Awww.... Good to see she is in London to help us celebrate.

it's the love - she feels overwhelm - if the love helps us keep Don Antonio, then I am all for it - this guy has been the thing we have needing since Mou ran Eva out of the club - I believe Al Green sang it best

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, robdog said:

lovely stuff coming out on twitter about the match vs Watford - like this tweet & image - killing the Contes with love

 

 

Was she crying because she knows her love can't compare to the love that 40,000 Chelsea fans displayed to her husband by singing his name last night?

 

In all seriousness, it's great to see. Antonio seems to have a beautiful family.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • coco unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!