Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Three at the back formations have one weakness and that's out wide. Look at the way players are arranged and you have open spaces in the corners. It isn't rocket science and of course teams started playing pinging balls in as soon as they got wide and we conceded a lot of goals from crosses isolating Azpilicueta in particular.

The problem for opposition teams is that it's wholly predictable and wholly inefficient. They might score one goal after 10 crosses but it's unlikely they'll score two. And when most teams in the division still play with an isolated lone striker they still get crowded out in defense. 

Spurs happen to have a side uniquely suited to causing us problems when Eriksen and Alli are playing just off Kane. In the FA Cup they stupidly tried to match our formation and it played right into our hands when we were closing the game out.

• coco unpinned this topic
On 6/10/2017 at 09:08, axman2526 said:

The new villan of the Chelsea piece... Poor Diego.... Etc... Gotta love the media 

Will this have any affect on contes future or relationship with the players?

Probably. But how close is Diego to other players?

On 11/06/2017 at 14:33, Tibbers said:

Probably. But how close is Diego to other players?

Terrible sh*t stirring journalism, trying to presume Diego is the poor victim, and he is more liked, lets see how this pans out, i expect to see some sort of contrition by Diego, when Roman twists his arm off...

Does anyone think Conte maybe had a little bit of an Italian rage when Diego replied something cheeky,  and perhaps regrets the text? 

If its true I am surprised at Conte. 

I very much thought he'd be the sit down and discuss type guy, glass of wine, thanks and bye. 

58 minutes ago, Zola said:

Does anyone think Conte maybe had a little bit of an Italian rage when Diego replied something cheeky,  and perhaps regrets the text? 

I very much thought he'd be the sit down and discuss type guy, glass of wine, thanks and bye. 

No.

Pretty sure Costa will be 100% to blame. As good as he has been at times, he does act like a complete knob wheras Conte is class through & through.

11 hours ago, Zola said:

Tough to say that when Costa's first words to him last season were "I want to leave"

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Premier-League/14-06-2017/premier-chelsea-conte-gelo-mercato-quell-sms-2001007115677.shtml

mixed source but given Conte's frustrations a few years ago this doesn't look farfetched. If true, wonder if certain transfers out he's not happy with too? He desperately wanted Cuadrado in Juventus for example. Hopefully all will be unveiled by Conte next month 

Edited by MANoWAR

More rumours about conte quitting. Not sure how true any of it is, but since the fa cup final, there seems to be a lot of negativity around club, mainly due to the costa situation, but also hazard breaking his ankle, and reports of courtois's contract stalling. Hopefully wecan tie conte, Courtois, and hazard to new contracts, and bring in some big signings asap to bring the positivity back. 

I don't know if fans of every club feel the same, but with chelsea it seems there is always something negative just around the corner. Never a dull moment for us though I suppose. 

I hope it's all BS too...but I can also see possible conflict between Emenalo and Conte over Lukaku and Morata...maybe Tuchel is waiting for a chance... 

Mirror Sport are saying that club sources are rubbishing this rumor...take that as you will...let's hope that Conte gets the backing that Ancelotti and Mourinho failed to get after winning the league the season before...:blush2:

Edited by doctorblue