Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Concerning, very concerning. The biggest fear I have from this as it could be genuinely true. I know people will say the transfer market doesn't open until July officially, but we are so slow to start recruiting, players we were linked with are now looking likely to go to our rivals I.e. Morata.

I'd be heartbroken if we lost Conte. Also if the highest calibre or name player we're going after is Lukaku, we have fallen beyond our rivals much more than I thought.

If Conte walks, I'm not sure who'd want to take over us when we don't back our managers in the transfer market.

8 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Concerning, very concerning. The biggest fear I have from this as it could be genuinely true. I know people will say the transfer market doesn't open until July officially, but we are so slow to start recruiting, players we were linked with are now looking likely to go to our rivals I.e. Morata.

I'd be heartbroken if we lost Conte. Also if the highest calibre or name player we're going after is Lukaku, we have fallen beyond our rivals much more than I thought.

If Conte walks, I'm not sure who'd want to take over us when we don't back our managers in the transfer market.

Worst post of the year so far.

the media are reaching so hard at the moment because we haven't made signings. if the july 1st theory is true, then i don't see the rush. i usually pay attention to dimarzio, but this article has nothing in it at all - although it wasn't him who wrote it. honestly, i think italy has been reaching ever since he was on course to win the title and the milan teams had new takeovers. it is obvious italian media want something to happen so they can have another top coach in italy to make the serie a more competitive. 

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/chelsea-decisive-hours-ahead-for-contes-future-as-manager

Edited by enigma

Probably a nothing story, just like he was linked with Inter and basically nothing happened. Why in the world would he leave after already making his own team and moving his family to London? Chelsea will invest this summer, and we will probably invest heavily but no need to panic buy. We were linked mostly with Lukaku and Bakayoko and no one signed them yet so we are probably in negotiations. 

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

I don't put anything past this board, I am always positive but going by our record on manager's I expect a new manager before our season starts. Call me pessimistic and all

What record with manager's? You mean the record that we sack manager's who fully deserve it?

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Thats a club brief. They aren't going to say "yeah Conte is f**king pissed at us and ready to walk unless we get him his targets" are they.

Still, might be true ovbiously but it remains to be seen.

well there's also f**k all to say otherwise, unless people want to believe vague, unreliable sources and "journalists" of course. it seems people believe those people more than our own board. 

4 minutes ago, enigma said:

well there's also f**k all to say otherwise, unless people want to believe vague, unreliable sources and "journalists" of course. it seems people believe those people more than our own board. 

Di Marzio is a good source.

Not that is trust the reports of unrest to be super accurate either but how many times have we seen clubs come out with the "we have full confidence in the manager" phrase before he's sacked shortly after? Club briefings does not mean much.

You all realise this whole thing is traced back to one article written in an Italian version of The Sun, then propagated by our sh*tty media and pathetic twitter "in the knows", right? Also, Di Marzio is not a good source, hes no better than the rest of them.

3 hours ago, Zola said:

I trust you have spoken personally with him on this? 

Conte has earned the trust to identify his own targets. Why the hell would he want Morata but the board tell him he can't because they want Lukaku. Lukaku is his first choice and I am sure in due time this will come to light and put to end this BS that he is Conte's first choice. Ridiculous how people still have into their head that he wants Morata over Lukaku. If Lukaku comes it is because Conte wants him. Pretty convinced about that.

16 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Part of the report from club sources also say that one deal has already been done but won't be announced till 1st July...could be the big Willy at the back...

Obviously it's Lukaku. Everton wouldn't be splurging the cash if they didn't have an agreement in place.

In other news, Antoine Conte has joined Beitar Jerusalem.

Edited by the special one

The silly season is getting worse each year, the Conte rumours won't stop until he renews a contract or leave. The Italian media is desperately trying to force him out of London, I suspect it has lots to do with the new found fortune of Inter. Ideally, we could have signed a couple of players to calm the situation down ( if there's any truth about Conte not happy about the transfer), but it's only mid June and lots of players are on International duties.

The Costa drama is 110% Costa's own doing. Even if the text were legitimately from Conte, he's not the first manager to tell a player off ( in public or private). I remember Jose's first public announcement last year was to get rid off the former German captain, Basten kept his mouth shut, hang around for a few months and left with dignity. Conte never questioned Costa in public, even when he was at his worst. It's a disgusting low blow Costa to force a transfer, and drag Conte into dispute. Like I said before, we should tell Costa to get f*, keep him in the reserve, fine him every week, until someone match our asking price. He could go on striker all he wants, no way we should grant him a transfer.

37 minutes ago, dkw said:

one article written in an Italian version of The Sun

As usual, one person reports it and suddenly every journalist is repeating it, like a bunch of parrots. The press know this is a big story, I doubt if they know if there is any truth behind the story, they don't care, I wouldn't believe what the vermin say.

Edited by Floyd25