JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

I think in general as a club we've gone forward every year. At some point we have bigger stadium so I'm excited what is ahead. This summer's been a bit of a disappointment so far but it can still turn into a decent one.

1 hour ago, Stim said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's still not enough for managers who are ambitious and want to be backed in the transfer market.

16 hours ago, Brutos said:
17 hours ago, JM7 said:
Shearer on BBC is quoted as saying "something bad is brewing at Chelsea". His opinion, not any facts but kind of feels that way. 
Lets hope we're wrong. 

It's clearly obvious their is a major problem within the club, how long it last and what the final outcome is will determine what happens to our season

This is absurd.

It is a bit annoying that Conte, Pep and Mourinho all started at the same time, and for both windows, Pep and Mourinho have been given the cash to revamp the squad in their image, for Pep that is mostly skillful, technical players, for Mourinho, big bullies who run around a lot, but despite being the one to actually win the league, Conte is struggling to get what he wants, or having to settle for players far down the list of choices.

It is a bit annoying that Conte, Pep and Mourinho all started at the same time, and for both windows, Pep and Mourinho have been given the cash to revamp the squad in their image, for Pep that is mostly skillful, technical players, for Mourinho, big bullies who run around a lot, but despite being the one to actually win the league, Conte is struggling to get what he wants, or having to settle for players far down the list of choices.

I don't agree. The four players we have brought in are top quality for their positions and I would argue that our starting 11 are stronger than last year. We are short in depth of squad but I'm pretty sure that will be addressed. The injuries are (hopefully) a temporary problem.

No way our starting 11 is stronger then last year.

Hazard is injured, Bakayoko is injured, there is no Costa, and Hazard + Costa was the reason for us to did so well.

And i don`t see how Alonso and Moses will repeat the same season. They was playing well above their level.

You also won`t get the surprise we did last year with 3-4-3. Everyone knows what tactics/formation we will use.

And Kante with so many more matches and this thin s*** squad we have right now, won`t be that fresh.

Far worst then last year.

And we don`t have CL, while United and City have, and they will be a lot better then last year, that is for sure.

Zeta is 100% right. I said this long time ago, many, many times.

Edited by brakeit

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

dont we f**king know it.....

What makes me laugh is that it has been like this for 7-8 years now, we cannot keep up with the Manc's on spending money, we can all see it, but some think they have the third eye or a magic crystal ball.

If Michy can do what a lot of us suspect and score heavily this season.

If Morata can work himself into form over the coming months, especially ready for the European games.

If Bakayoko turns into 'the most canny' signing of the window, complementing Kante and becoming the rear midfield partnership in the league.

If Rudiger gives us a bit more defensive strength in the air. 

If Hazard can come back and shine as bright as last season.

If Tibo continues his pre-season form.

I can see us having a blinding season, and that is without knowing who else may join us over the next few weeks.

We just need as many of the above to happen as possible.

5 hours ago, evissy said:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40856491

BBC's pundits are not confident we'll win it.

Worrying is Gullit doesn't consider us to reach top4

Why? Gullit always says the worst about Chelsea it's his overcompensating to show he isn't bias said the same sh*t last season and to be fair as a pundit he gets fuxk all right 

I feel for Conte as Matic was sold against his wishes and clearly he is unhappy with the size of the squad. However, it's a bit rich to moan about squad depth, when you're set to loan out yet another player in Lewis Baker, unless of coarse he has no say whatsoever in the loan policy department. 

4 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I feel for Conte as Matic was sold against his wishes and clearly he is unhappy with the size of the squad. However, it's a bit rich to moan about squad depth, when you're set to loan out yet another player in Lewis Baker, unless of coarse he has no say whatsoever in the loan policy department. 

Here's a hot take for you:

I think Conte has IMMENSE saying in what we do with our loanees.  I think Conte is purposely getting rid of the young players he doesn't see as able to help him win the trophy, WHILST moaning about the squad size for one purpose: To force the board to bring in players he wants.

Think about it: get rid of all the deadweight you don't want in your squad, complain about the depth and quality of your squad after winning the title, force the hand of the board.  Conte the genius

I'm encouraged to read Conte's positive comments about how well the squad are training etc.etc. Finally some reports on what he appears to enjoy most and that's coaching a title winning squad.

He was much more "on message" during this press conference, glad to hear it. I was growing very tired very quickly of the complaining/excuse making cycle.

Today he basically said what my view always is when it comes to this stuff. You're paid to coach and get the best out of what you've got, get on with it.

45 minutes ago, Tambling Dice said:

I'll stick with my reading list.

Was taken straight from Redcafe and their predictions that Conte will implode and we will fight for relegation... Seriously, can't wait for Mou implosion...