Jump to content

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager


Recommended Posts

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte decided to sell Nemanja Matic to Manchester United, according to Paul Ince.

He told Paddy Power: “There’s talk of Conte’s relationship with Abramovich and the sale of Nemanja Matic.

“I can’t help but think that if you’re the manager who has just won the Premier League in your first season in England, who’s now in the Champions League, the decision of whether or not to keep Matic came from Conte and no one else.

“I think people just like to say Abramovich was involved to make an exciting story.

“You’ve got Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher saying he didn’t want to sell Matic – well I’m fairly sure he mustn’t have had a huge issue with him going, or he’d still be at the club.

“So now you’re in a situation where everyone is asking how he could sell Matic to a rival like Man Utd, but at the end of the day that was his decision and he clearly thought that it would be okay.

“Who Conte buys and sells comes from him and no one else. I refuse to buy anything else.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is all wrong.
Conte already have said by himself on a press, that he don`t wanted to sell Matic and it was the board decision.

He even explain that:

"Matic knows very well what I think about him.

“The importance for me about this player, who is a really good player, a top player, very important for our team, but sometimes you must accept this crazy transfer market.

"And sometimes you must accept different decisions. But he is a great loss for us."

“Bakayoko is a good signing for us. He is very young. My idea was to give Bakayoko the right time to adapt in this league behind Matic. But now after the sale of Matic, we need to try to accelerate this process for Bakayoko after his injury.”

-Antonio Conte

It`s obvious as a bright day  who decision that was.

Also on a direct question for Matic on the press, he said it wasn`t my decision, you should not ask me.

Every interview i look at him lately, he speak like he have very little influence on the transfers. He is almost ready to say i`m only a coach here. And he always said the board, not WE.

To me that tells a lot.

 

Edited by brakeit
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ivorycoast said:

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte decided to sell Nemanja Matic to Manchester United, according to Paul Ince.

He told Paddy Power: “There’s talk of Conte’s relationship with Abramovich and the sale of Nemanja Matic.

“I can’t help but think that if you’re the manager who has just won the Premier League in your first season in England, who’s now in the Champions League, the decision of whether or not to keep Matic came from Conte and no one else.

“I think people just like to say Abramovich was involved to make an exciting story.

“You’ve got Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher saying he didn’t want to sell Matic – well I’m fairly sure he mustn’t have had a huge issue with him going, or he’d still be at the club.

“So now you’re in a situation where everyone is asking how he could sell Matic to a rival like Man Utd, but at the end of the day that was his decision and he clearly thought that it would be okay.

“Who Conte buys and sells comes from him and no one else. I refuse to buy anything else.”

And that's why Paul Ince is a failed football manager. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Read this in Daily Mail today. Bit concerning if true. 

"It comes as pressure grows on Conte, whose players are becoming bewildered by the club's transfer policy. 

Several first-team members are frustrated the squad has not been strengthened after last season's Premier League title success. 

They also have some sympathy with Costa, and Brazilian winger Willian is understood to be fearful he may be the next to be cut adrift by Conte. 

Sources close to the dressing room believe Conte does not entirely trust Willian". 

Its a dangerous game when players start questioning the clubs transfer policy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Read this in Daily Mail today. Bit concerning if true. 

"It comes as pressure grows on Conte, whose players are becoming bewildered by the club's transfer policy. 

Several first-team members are frustrated the squad has not been strengthened after last season's Premier League title success. 

They also have some sympathy with Costa, and Brazilian winger Willian is understood to be fearful he may be the next to be cut adrift by Conte. 

Sources close to the dressing room believe Conte does not entirely trust Willian". 

Its a dangerous game when players start questioning the clubs transfer policy. 

Based on.....?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Read this in Daily Mail today. Bit concerning if true. 

"It comes as pressure grows on Conte, whose players are becoming bewildered by the club's transfer policy. 

Several first-team members are frustrated the squad has not been strengthened after last season's Premier League title success. 

They also have some sympathy with Costa, and Brazilian winger Willian is understood to be fearful he may be the next to be cut adrift by Conte. 

Sources close to the dressing room believe Conte does not entirely trust Willian". 

Its a dangerous game when players start questioning the clubs transfer policy. 

 

Looks like fiction to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's well known that Conte doesn't trust Willian and actually dislikes him immensely. In fact it's not just Willian. Of course Costa (goes without saying), but also a whole list of other players - can't stand any of them with the exception of Kante, who he does like because he often takes his dog for long walks.

Yep, that all true, and just like the tabloids, none of it is made up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's well known that Conte doesn't trust Willian and actually dislikes him immensely. In fact it's not just Willian. Of course Costa (goes without saying), but also a whole list of other players - can't stand any of them with the exception of Kante, who he does like because he often takes his dog for long walks.

Yep, that all true, and just like the tabloids, none of it is made up. 

Is this all true Nibs?! Sounds horrible.. . Any other teams I could follow?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What was interesting about the presser today is Conte was asked if inflated prices mean it's harder to buy, he said the press in England focus on spending not on sales as a balance, in other words, spend not net spend, as in, you sell 100 mil worth of players and spend 200 mil on new players you have only spent 100 million, basically pointing to the fact we have spent f**k all..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also worth to mention:

He doesn't think it is a good time to face Spurs

 

He thinks about risking in terms of Haz, Bakayoko and Pedro. Haz probably wont play.

 

He likes what he's seen from Christensen. First 11 material for sure in the future.

 

Does he regret he doesn't have Chalobah and RLC? Next question, please.

 

He feels the team has worked well to face Spurs and he was also very loose and on a great mood.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting piece in the Daily Telegraph. The graphic showing the relative experience on subs benches last weekend is stunning. From the Conte quotes here I feel slightly happier that there may be a longer term plan in place. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/18/antonio-conte-admits-spurs-ahead-chelsea-need-four-years-build/

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Interesting piece in the Daily Telegraph. The graphic showing the relative experience on subs benches last weekend is stunning. From the Conte quotes here I feel slightly happier that there may be a longer term plan in place. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/18/antonio-conte-admits-spurs-ahead-chelsea-need-four-years-build/

Similar here - sounds like he wants to stay for a while.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4803974/Antonio-Conte-says-need-four-years-Chelsea.html#comments

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, evissy said:

He doesn't say he wants to stay for a while. He only states the basis to build the squad needs time. He says if everybody goes the same direction he doesn't see why ge couldn't continue after these two season of his contract.

True, but in the way he delivered this it feels to me that there may be agreement throughout the club that this is the case. It was certainly interesting that he simply side stepped a question about whether he regretted not having RLC and Chalobah at the club this season. Maybe he feels they could have been part of the new foundation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In a way I don't think Roman wants to fire him. When they start working on the new stadium some managerial stability might come in handy. No one imagined Conte to win the prem in his first year. So that might have given him some credit. Ans I mean, how perfect would it be, winning the CL in the year we return to the bridge. With Conte as our manager and with a squad filled with golden boot winner Morata, Christensen leading the defence and Musonda being nominated for the Ballon d'Or. 
*WAKES UP FROM DREAM
"January 1st, 2018: Guus Hiddink appointed new manager at Chelsea."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!