Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

JMaher94

2 hours ago, Tambling Dice said:

So now there are reports that various factions are complaining about Conte's training regime and methods being too hard and contributing to our injury backlog. Seems to go against the message from the playing staff that we need to 'work, work, work' to sort out our problems. Notwithstanding I fear the cycle of disruption is beginning to repeat itself irrespective of whether there is any truth to the rumours. Once you begin to openly criticise and report the way someone is doing their job then its downhill from there.

Perhaps Carlo is the right man for the job. Rumours there were that the Bayern players organised their own training sessions as they felt they weren't being worked hard enough.

May be thats why the players look totally knackered, and that rehab seems to take longer than before.

18 hours ago, atomis said:

If we somehow sack Conte then Theres no way I can supoort the boardroom and that eventually leads to the Club. I have followed this Club since 85.....many of us went through the bad days and the really bad days.......but damn it when is Roman gonna open his eyes that his beloved Club is sick? Where in bloody hell are his advisors informing him that the likes of Emanelo are destroying so much hard Work? A blind goat could see and sense that this team needed players, but yet Again we fail to back a class manager WHO has transformed us. No instead we will keep sufficating our manager until he walks, sacked etc.

Im baffled that such a tough and ruthless man cant see that his Club is in trouble......Make no mistake about it, if we lose Conte then we are done, not beacuse you cant possibly be so Lucky to hire such a class manager in succession, but beacuse the same system will still be active and ready to demolish the NeXT poor bar steward coming in. As much as I hate the likes City, I absolutely love how they support their manager and actually try to help the fella.......Chelsea Chelsea, always has been and always will be a huge pain in the ass to follow......I love this Club but man our current system really testing my limits.

And think all the money we are wasting when paying for two top class (=expensive) managers at the same time. I'd rather spend that money on a top class player. 

If Conte is fired why would any top manager want to be at Chelsea?  We will have sacked two of the top five managers in world football in a matter of two years.  AND don't back them in the transfer window with players they want.  Roman must tread very carefully over the next few weeks.  His/The board's expectations are unrealistically high for what we have accomplished in the past couple windows.  

Both Mou and Conte have asked repeatedly for more/better players.  At some point it is not the managers fault.  I just hope Roman looks in the mirror before he starts cutting top managers this time.  

2 hours ago, gazza said:

its only a matter of time, lose on Saturday and he will be gone 

looks like he has lost the dressing room from all the rumours flying about ,as they say no smoke without fire

That statement doesn't carry weight these days especially since modern journalists, not just in sports, all try and find a way to make attention-grabbing headlines

we shouldn't sack conte. he has mentioned a few times "we are" building something at the club so it will take time. i think he would stay for a few years given the opportunity as he's still young for a coach and could feasibly stay for another 3, 4, 5 years. i know that amount of time seems doubtful, but i really don't think there's another manager out there who could drive us forward any more than he can.

the only other guy out there who's been mentioned previously on social media etc is thomas tuchel who is also young. i think conte is a smart manager and a great motivator. i don't think there's many managers i can put above him in terms of experience and success in the current climate who have not already coached here previously. pep is the only one i can think of and he's a pipe dream.  

What we should do and what we are very likely to do are two very different things.

City and to a degree United have shifted the goal posts this season. One 70mill player is not enough when you ship out players like Costa and matic. You need quality and depth of quality and we simply don't have that. With the one hand we support by signing some players but in the other we take back by selling and not increasing our depth.

Now this should lead to a correction in January. Some signings and admitting they got it wrong in the summer while conte also admits he got it wrong because even a limited squad should be beating palace and Burnley.

Reassess our targets. Not title, top 4. Carry on rebuilding.

But what is coming is the sack for conte. It is how our club works. You know it, I know it, best accept it cause it is life as a Chelsea fan and boy has it brought us some dizzy highs and some foul lows.

2 hours ago, Ledgerson said:

The journos at the PC are pathetic. 

Asking him about the rumors players are unhappy with his training regime and if Mourinho annoys him. The guy next to him, who's with every manager at PCs (don't know his name), even he got annoyed by this question.

I don't know how he manages to get through these press conferences without belting someone in the mouth....the journos in this country are a shower of sh**e, what they know about football could be written on the back of a postage stamp. They go through the same tired old questions week after week after week

1 hour ago, TheChelsRVA said:

If Conte is fired why would any top manager want to be at Chelsea?

Because they get all the credit if they win and none of the blame if they lose, look at how Jose and AVB walked straight into another top job after f**king up here, this job is a no risk situation for managers in terms of career damage.

1 hour ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Both Mou and Conte have asked repeatedly for more/better players.    

Mourinho asked for Falcao and got him, he asked for Pedro, got him, he asked for Begovic and we splashed a record price for a backup keeper. Ok so we didn't get Stones and a CM, that's not an excuse to be fighting relegation. As for Conte, he asked for Rudi, Baka and Morata and guess which three player's hold 3 of the 4 top position's for most expensive incoming transfers in our history? Ok so he didn't get everyone he wanted, that's not an excuse to then go and act like a schoolchild. Do you think Pochettino planned in June to not sign anyone till the last few day's of the window? And even then im sure he had better than Aurier, Sanchez and Llorente in mind, yet he has managed to knuckle and Wembley teething problem's aside has made Spurs even better. 

Now don't get me wrong im not saying the hierarchy hasn't made mistakes, but Conte is far from an innocent bystander in this current predicament and Jose in 2015 was the total opposite of one.

2 hours ago, TheChelsRVA said:

His/The board's expectations are unrealistically high for what we have accomplished in the past couple windows.    

Are they? I actually believe Roman will afford time to a manager IF there is positive sign's of evolution and progress. Apart from Ranieri, not one manager has been sacked by Roman when thing's have been on the up. 

I just want the board to show some faith, I want them to back a coach and give them more power in the club. I'm sick of this sack culture. Conte is the best thing that's happened to us in a while, he's exactly the type of person that we need.
Honestly, if Conte is sacked, I don't see any managers available that are up for the challenge.
Yes, Carlo is a great manager but you heard it from the Bayern team, he was too passive and I don't think our team needs an armchair manager at the moment.
I want a manager like Conte, I WANT CONTE.
And the only manager like Conte that I see possibly becoming available is Simeone and even then the cycle will just continue again.

I wonder in what ways this situation affects the players. I don't think that this time around they are trying to force Conte out but if they knew that the board were fully behind the managers decision's would it make them take thing's more responsibly themselves?

If they knew that a manager was here to stay and that if their performances weren't good enough they'd be replaced you would think they would step up more. It must be nice knowing that if you don't perform ultimately somebody else will take the heat for it all.

I had not heard the rumours about players disliking training methods until today, that never bodes well. That is one of the first signs they are turning.  Lets hope it is BS

papers tonight trying to make a story that Conte would not confirm the board were backing him, i think thats tosh. Plus, it matters little, we issued a press release backing Jose to then go and sack him.   However, i would be very careful having a strop with Roman, itll only end one way.  He must stop complaining about lack of players and having indirect digs at the board for lack of spending.  Much as i agree with him

Edited by RickUK

Saw that Sky Italia are reporting that Conte has already decided to leave at the end of the season and also Marina and the board are fed up wth Conte. 

Not sure about the fed up bit I reckon this will be Conte’s last season with us.