JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

1 minute ago, JoseBlues said:
2 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:
Supposed "Leaked" screenshot...
image.png.d1f56be8e813631a47d1f5f5e32b8141.png

WTF

Take it with a grain of salt, the phrase "But both Antonio and the board agreed results have not been good enough this season" seems badly worded and unprofessional. 

11 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Nonsense.

Agreed. The last result was not good enough sure but we are hardly in an awful position and why make these signings, that conte is happy with, then sack him before he can use them?

Rubbish.

2 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

@Munkworth is already my assistant, I'll need a Goalkeeping Coach though...especially after seeing Bournemouth's second goal...

My hands up for that one, I can dig out my old Peter bonnetti goalie gloves from the 70's, show these wimps now a days with there big rubber oven gloves what proper goalkeeping is all about, it's an art form!!!

13 hours ago, benjsross said:

I think we've had a great transfer window. Three great squad players for £50m. You aren't meant to buy first team players in Jan, rarely works out.

Why is he sulking? He wants to get sacked for the pay out. It's obvious to me. I think we should have parted company by now because Conte won't beat Barca and we will finish 5th. He's out the door in the summer. If he wasn't, he'd have signed the contract extension.

We've spent 200 million and haven't improved the side, I wouldn't say it's a great window. 

I'm actually happy that I'm in the minority when it comes to the Conte situation. I absolutely love our supporters, especially the peeps on this forum. It's good to back the manager, and most aren't fickle people. 

Unfortunately, I can't change my opinion on the Conte situation right now, I love the man for what he's achieved but judging on my instincts he no longer wants to be here and that's as big of a problem as any. 

If the majority of this forum was for Conte out I would actually be quite sad, I know it sounds silly but again I'm glad to be in the minority in this situation. 

Edited by Slojo

6 hours ago, JoseBlues said:
6 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:
It's also really easy to fake:
image.png.104bffc17df4ddb774366200842c966d.png

Be prepared to win the CL and league with Carroll and Drinkwater. If not, you will be back on this forum, posting.

LMAO

I'm slightly disappointed I get only a mention as having taught our new manager well, but get no position to show for it. The least that could be offered is Cudicini's position, and getting some one-on-one breaking in from him :mad: But nooooooo.....

12 hours ago, Munkworth said:

@TomCFC85 I just turn up at cobham to start work. Apparently I have mental problems and the police were called, what gives? We’ve got a bloody match Monday!

That's odd. Did you shout at them really loud to make sure you were serious and that they understood you?

16 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I'm slightly disappointed I get only a mention as having taught our new manager well, but get no position to show for it. The least that could be offered is Cudicini's position, and getting some one-on-one breaking in from him :mad: But nooooooo.....

I'm afraid I tried contacting you about a potential position but a man with a strong Italian accent picked up the phone and said you were busy, his name was Carlo something? I forget. 

3 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

I'm afraid I tried contacting you about a potential position but a man with a strong Italian accent picked up the phone and said you were busy, his name was Carlo something? I forget. 

You're just making this up to justify yourself, aren't you. Any accented man would not have any breath left to pick up my phone!

Headlines: "New Chelsea manager in courtroom instead of backroom"

Interesting that Simeone has ruled himself out of taking on our coaching role according to Matt Hughes in The Times.

I think that speaks to a bit risk for us around replacing Conte. Now we not only have high expectations but have less weight in the transfer market. For me that makes us a much less attractive option for top coaches. 

Enrique might sound great on paper, given his success with a ludicrous MSN front three, but speak to Roma fans and they will tell a very different story. He was by no means universally popular at Barca either. 

Conte is still the best coach out there on the market. The grass is definitely not greener out there. 

52 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Interesting that Simeone has ruled himself out of taking on our coaching role according to Matt Hughes in The Times.

I think that speaks to a bit risk for us around replacing Conte. Now we not only have high expectations but have less weight in the transfer market. For me that makes us a much less attractive option for top coaches. 

Enrique might sound great on paper, given his success with a ludicrous MSN front three, but speak to Roma fans and they will tell a very different story. He was by no means universally popular at Barca either. 

Conte is still the best coach out there on the market. The grass is definitely not greener out there. 

We have done a fair bit of business with Athletico Madrid in recent years and suspect with the comings and goings Simeone has heard a few things to put him off that challenge though I had also heard he was claimed as saying he would fancy Man Utd. Somehow I don't think Man Utd would fancy him.