Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

JMaher94

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

What if City sacked Pep last season after he got battered a few times?

Pep did not go about blaming the board for squad depth, then for too many players. Then this, then that. For all of Pep's idiosyncrasies he took most of it like a man and got on with it. Conte on the other hand looks dis-interested, negative about everything. 

Im sorry but conte has created this mess himself. It all started with the way he handled costa. Then he continues to play bakayoko all season even though he struggling with the pace of the premier league. Last night was a chance for him to be positive with his formation but once again he plays bakayoko instead of fabregas, a genuine playmaker you need pulling strings in midfield. 

There was no excuse not to start giroud, he is fit and could have played. IMO he has lost parts of the dressing room or all of it.

I believe he wants out and he is waiting to be sacked for his pay off. 

I also don't think the change in personnel every game is helpful or necessary, especially in defence. He's disrupted the defence a few times this season by bringing in cahill when cristensen or rudiger has been playing noticeably better. When I saw cahill and luiz on the team sheet I didn't feel confident.

Neither are that composed in the defence, but cahill just got targeted (openly admitted by a player from the team who beat us) in the last game, so why play him when rudiger is sat on the bench? Zappacosta at lwb made no sense as he's a rwb. He may have pace there, but it's not his natural side. 

I understand injuries are a problem for us right now, but it doesn't excuse conceding 4 goals, 10 men or otherwise. We were one of the best defences in the league up until Bournemouth. How the f**k do we then go and concede 7 goals in two games? Doesn't add up.

He has a week now for the players to rest a bit and to practice a new formation and come up with better ideas. If nothing changes in next game, he will be gone. That is if Roman's patience hasn't already run out. 

35 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Pep did not go about blaming the board for squad depth, then for too many players. Then this, then that. For all of Pep's idiosyncrasies he took most of it like a man and got on with it. Conte on the other hand looks dis-interested, negative about everything. 

Yeah spot on and Pep never got battered 3-0 at home then 4-1 away to relegation fodder.

Silly comparison.

Edited by Chelsbear

46 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Yeah spot on and Pep never got battered 3-0 at home then 4-1 away to relegation fodder.

Silly comparison.

Didnt they not get battered by everton and few mote teams ??

Edited by Brutos

My dream scenario is obviously Conte not getting sacked, being backed by the board and results getting better but obviously that won't happen.
Out of the available managers, I'd prefer to employ one on an interim basis then offer them a contract at the end of the season if they do well.
Here's my list of preference:
1. Carlo
2. Tuchel
3. Enrique 

Conte doesn't even want to stay unless you can promise him the best team in the world, his off in the summer, been slamming the board and the players signed which must make the new signings feel great. The football has been sh*t for over a month, too many defensive players on the pitch, can't create chances even against teams at the bottom or championship teams, keeps playing the same out of form players, strange subs, last night looked like he had lost the players. All these things don't rely on transfers, you can still play good football, just look at Watford who had 11 players missing and a patched up team.

It doesn't matter if Chelsea sack Conte because he doesn't want to be at Chelsea, top 4 is hanging by a thread and a new manager brings new ideas, new believe and players fighting for there places. We might even see more than 2 or 3 attacking players on the pitch.

“I can see both sides of the argument on Conte. The biggest problem, I believe, is there is no trust left between him and the club. That seemed to go last summer.” 

Matt Law. 

Hes quite well informed. Think it’s a case of when, not if. 

52 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Little bit different getting stuffed 3-0 at home to Bournmouth and 4-1 away to Watford in back to back games is it not?

Add to this the fact we drew with a Championship side, couldn't beat a 10 man Leicester and got knocked out of a cup semi final to a truly awful Arsenal team within the space of a couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

Probably because he recieve every player he wanted?

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Little bit different getting stuffed 3-0 at home to Bournmouth and 4-1 away to Watford in back to back games is it not?

You are fast to forget. Didn`t City lose also as 2-4 to Leicester City, when Leicester was in the danger zone.

Some people always turn the table, when does not export them .... I`m ashamed of such Chelsea fans.

They also concede 6 goals against Monaco and lose 4-0 against Barcelona. Did i need to mention, the 4-0 lose from Everton ?

It`s fun to play with fans like you ....

Everton 4 - 0 Man City

These were back to back
Leicester City 4 - 2 Man City
Man City 1 - 3 Chelsea

SO yes they coceded 7 goals in two matches back to back...granted we have been poor, but ciry have terribe patch also  but the board stuck with Pep

Edited by Brutos

Don`t try, this people here can`t understand. It`s obvious they know nothing of football. Otherwise all here would have supported Conte and would want the board to go.

Guardiola was not only backed at City, he get what he want. They back him fully. Same happen with Jose Mourinho at United. Only Conte was not backed. He said this time after time.

And for this who want Conte sacked and are putting their arguments from their a***, this is for them:

70.3% - Antonio Conte has the joint-best win rate of any manager in Premier League history (min 5 games), level with Pep Guardiola. Tension.

Conte will get sack, but he will find top club and will win, but we won`t find top manager like him and i`m pretty sure we won`t win something big in the next 2 or 3 years, and with this management, probably for long time.

If City doesn`t f**k*** up i doubt we will the title soon.

But i will be here to remember you that and shows who knows about football and who not !!!

This from Tibo...just talk or a genuine belief about the manager? 

‘We believe in him [Antonio Conte] and we believe in our team. We have two bad results and we just try to get back, regroup and just continue. We showed that we wanted to fight even with 10 men and that shows we have character, but when you lose twice like that it is not good and there are questions raised, but we go back to training with the manager, and training well and turn this situation around.