Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

6 hours ago, Lucashm said:

I dont want him to stay either.

But for me its more due to his extremely negative approach and his complete unwillingness to rotate his squad

BIB: this for me too. I've seen plenty of reasons why others want him too leave. But for me, I've had enough of defensive football. We had so much of it under Mourinho, I was hoping for something different from Conte, but he's just as defensive as Mourinho, just not as good at it! Boring defensive football leads to disinterested players, leads to a drop in form. 

8 hours ago, Phillip said:

Last season was great but Conte has to go    At the end of this season.  Anyone who continues to play Bakayoko when it is obvious to everyone in the World that he cannot cut it is not fit to manage.   There, I said it.

But who else was he supposed to play last night? 

Fabregas replaced Bakayoko at half time and the midfield was overrun for almost the entirety of the second half because Cesc doesn't have any mobility in a two man midfield. 

Where are Barkely and Drinkwater? Drinkwater gets a couple of games under his belt then keeps getting injured, he's barely been available for all us all season. 

No doubt Bakayoko has been atrocious this season but a lack of depth and quality in our midfield has been extremely apparent. 

23 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'd love for Antonio to try and go to a back 4 at some point. 4-3-3 like the good old days? 

Dont think that would be a good idea. Would not be surprised if Andreas finds it tough to play in a 2 due to the physicality and also, our midfielders just are not good. Playing 3 in the mid means playing either of baka/cesc in the middle. At the moment, we need to keep the 2 of them out of the first 11.

8 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I’d like to see Conte make a change but it’s not happening. Especially not at this stage of the season where every game is a must win.

A change last season was what made the difference for us. Would certainly be a surprise for Spurs who will 100% be set up to play against a 3-4-3/3-5-2.

9 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Dont think that would be a good idea. Would not be surprised if Andreas finds it tough to play in a 2 due to the physicality and also, our midfielders just are not good. Playing 3 in the mid means playing either of baka/cesc in the middle. At the moment, we need to keep the 2 of them out of the first 11.

Courtois

Azpi  Andreas  Rudiger  Alonso

Bakayoko

Kante       Cesc

Willian     Giroud     Hazard

Baka just has to concentrate on breaking up play. Could swap Baka out for DD if needed and rotate with Kante. Think Andreas would be fine personally. 

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 08:52, ForeverCarefree said:

But who else was he supposed to play last night? 

Fabregas replaced Bakayoko at half time and the midfield was overrun for almost the entirety of the second half because Cesc doesn't have any mobility in a two man midfield. 

Where are Barkely and Drinkwater? Drinkwater gets a couple of games under his belt then keeps getting injured, he's barely been available for all us all season. 

No doubt Bakayoko has been atrocious this season but a lack of depth and quality in our midfield has been extremely apparent. 

Fair points, I would have waited 10 mins before making the switch yet no complaints we got the result.

What I did notice was that when Fab was on we would looked more dangerous as he tried to find people, Kante was running about like a madman and even Hazard was running back and defending to the detriment of us going forward.

On 3/18/2018 at 15:38, Frankie8Lampard said:

Its inevitable he's leaving at the end of the season. He throws the board and players under the bus at every opportunity he gets (did again in his last press conference). 

And now he's saying the FA cup isnt important. I'm happy that he won the title last year and I think he's a good manager, but continuing to moan like this really speaks a lot about his character.

Honestly, his constant playing down the players and expectations comments have frightening similarity to the type of comments Roy made (and was universally mocked for) while Liverpool manager.

On 3/19/2018 at 08:09, Old Shaggy said:

BIB: this for me too. I've seen plenty of reasons why others want him too leave. But for me, I've had enough of defensive football. We had so much of it under Mourinho, I was hoping for something different from Conte, but he's just as defensive as Mourinho, just not as good at it! Boring defensive football leads to disinterested players, leads to a drop in form. 

No he's not. 

Admittedly he's no Klopp or Pep, but he's not an ultra defensive coach either.

Mourinho only has defensive demands to creative players which Conte hasn't, but the gameplan of both is defence, which is disappointing. 

Conte in interviews and press conferences seems like he's afraid a little bit to play against big clubs, especially before and after the game against City.

Last season we used the same formation which led us to the title. This season we're same, but I believe Conte was planning that Bakayoko would fill Matic's place, Morata would fill Costa's place and actually they were our key players. Matic with defensive duties allowed us to play with attacking style and Costa knew simply how to score goals. 

I don't believe a manager on his level lost hope and gave up on his plan, I want to believe that Conte is still looking how to improve us and I think we must give him another season for that. Yes, we're disappointing this season, but there is always another season to improve.

Mourinho only has defensive demands to creative players which Conte hasn't, but the gameplan of both is defence, which is disappointing. 
Conte in interviews and press conferences seems like he's afraid a little bit to play against big clubs, especially before and after the game against City.
Last season we used the same formation which led us to the title. This season we're same, but I believe Conte was planning that Bakayoko would fill Matic's place, Morata would fill Costa's place and actually they were our key players. Matic with defensive duties allowed us to play with attacking style and Costa knew simply how to score goals. 
I don't believe a manager on his level lost hope and gave up on his plan, I want to believe that Conte is still looking how to improve us and I think we must give him another season for that. Yes, we're disappointing this season, but there is always another season to improve.
City have lost 1 game the entire season and we have Bakayoko, Moses, etc. as starters. I would be afraid before the game as well.

3 minutes ago, JoseBlues said:
26 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

City have lost 1 game the entire season and we have Bakayoko, Moses, etc. as starters. I would be afraid before the game as well.

What is the difference if we lose when we defence without trying to score and losing when you trying your best and go forward to score? We put one of our worst performances this season against City, all we did in that game is defence and nothing.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

No he's not. 

Admittedly he's no Klopp or Pep, but he's not an ultra defensive coach either.

Sorry, but bull. We play with 5 at the back when playing any team higher than 10th in the table. The only players past the half way line are our front 3......... Sometimes. He's defensive! 

1 minute ago, Old Shaggy said:

Sorry, but bull. We play with 5 at the back when playing any team higher than 10th in the table. The only players past the half way line are our front 3......... Sometimes. He's defensive! 

Many times in games our outside CB's push up the final 3rd of the pitch, out of all the games ive seen Jose play 3/5 atb that has never happened. I have lost count of the amount of times i have been worried because we are one poor touch/pass away from being exposed to a counter attack but thankfully most teams are too slow physically and mentally to truly punish us. One team that isn't is Arsenal and look what's happened vs them (under Conte).

We have only done three true park the bus jobs under Conte which were City and Spurs this year and Liverpool last.

10 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

A change last season was what made the difference for us. Would certainly be a surprise for Spurs who will 100% be set up to play against a 3-4-3/3-5-2.

Courtois

Bakayoko

Kante       Cesc

Baka just has to concentrate on breaking up play. Could swap Baka out for DD if needed and rotate with Kante. Think Andreas would be fine personally. 

Great line up, I would have Morata over Giroud though.

21 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Courtois

Bakayoko

Kante       Cesc

I personally wont be at all confident seeing both Baka and cesc on the pitch. Currently both of them look piss poor. Dont think its about formation, they just simply lack confidence and ability (in baka's case) or are past it (as in cesc's case). I can understand cesc struggling defensively, but the fact that he is having problems making simple passes is worrying. Baka is on another level of poor altogether. I would stick with the 3-4-3 but play our 2 best CMs which are kante and DD. 

2 hours ago, enigma said:

I genuinely think he won't be sacked if we make top four and win FA Cup. 

I honestly think he still will. I think him leaving will have more to do with his relationship with the board than performances. I honestly believe if he had no problems with the board and Chelsea finished out of the top 4, the board would still keep him.

It`s fun to read people still say, he is playing the same side and not change formation, while he non-stop rotate the team, but people still moaning about it. Same with formation. He rotate it with 3-5-2 and 3-4-3, also with false 9. How many formation you think someone should change in 1 season, 20 ? Will that work for you ?

All of our attacking side, except Hazard was rotated. Pedro/Willy was non-stop rotated, while Willy find his form and he is the starter. Morata was also rotate, when he not perform. Same goes for the midfielder, Bakayoko was taken out of the squad. Fabregas was rotated. Only Kante was not as much, but who exactly is his alternative ???

You was crying like hell for Cahill, he is taken out of the squad, and Christensen and Rudiger played. He try every single possible solution for the defence, but that is. They are not good enough.

At the past we have the defence in all over the world, now our defence is a joke. No one except Azpi(very bad form), and kinda Alonso(lack speed big time) are good enough.

The rest are not solid, not top quality, not ready yet. Christensen make so much mistake, it`s just not real, but just because some people here hatin on Cahill do not want to admit it. Yes he is young and will do such mistake, but then you just can`t blame the manager, that is what happen, when you put someone in defence, that is not ready yet.

Before the start of the season, there was a statistics, that shows that Christensen has made the most mistake compare to the rest of our defenders. This season thats shows, that he is making mistake.

Rudiger so far shows nothing special, average so far. But is his first season, next will show if he and Christensen can become top defenders.

The team is filled with average players, and such with bad form coming from injuries, thanks to the board, that buy such players .... Or players that is past their best huge time. Fabregas, Pedro, Barkley, Bakayoko, Zapacostta, Moses, Emerson, Drinkwater, Girou, and so far Morata is big disappointment. Willy started to play in the last few months, before that he was doing nothing. And our so call great GK, which the board allows him to do anything he want and not punish him. If he was at Bayern Munich, their director would have smash him infront of the media. Not single word from the board, not a punishment for his comment for Madrid ....

Thats shows and tell you all.

Conte is gone for a long time, but the next one won`t change anything, it may even be worst.

If you look at the Tottenham team, o god, they have better side then us, thats tell you how deep we are falling ....

They have better defence, better midfielders, 100% better strikers.

The only thing we clearly have better then them is Hazard, that is ....

Edited by brakeit

On 21/03/2018 at 06:36, didierforever said:

I personally wont be at all confident seeing both Baka and cesc on the pitch. Currently both of them look piss poor. Dont think its about formation, they just simply lack confidence and ability (in baka's case) or are past it (as in cesc's case). I can understand cesc struggling defensively, but the fact that he is having problems making simple passes is worrying. Baka is on another level of poor altogether. I would stick with the 3-4-3 but play our 2 best CMs which are kante and DD. 

Agree. Formation change means nothing. The players are the reason we are where we are at the moment. Bakayoko on a football field is dangerous. It's 10 v 11. He cannot be trusted. Against Spurs 11 v 11 is imperative. You couldn't trust him against Sutton United never mind Spurs. He has a red card, vital mistake or brain freeze in him every time he is on a football field. 

Edited by Famous CFC

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this elsewhere in the thread, but i read something recently and wanted to share.

Seemingly, and yes this is according to Twitter, Conte told the board half way into the summer that he was leaving.  So, they were going to look for a replacement, and put all transfer activity on hold.  Then when that didn't transpire, Chelsea were stuck with the transfers we ended up with.

I'm not sure of timelines and if this even makes sense, but thought I'd put it out there.