JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Poor is how he set us up vs Man City, No faith in the team at all. The constant moaning about how these aren't the players he wanted and alienating what looks like 40% of the squad. Poor subs, Piss poor man management. He doesn't want to be here, The fact no other club has gone in for him speaks volumes.

Everything about him this season has been toxic. Get rid asap.

5 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Still wouldn't have got us top 4 though.

Could've put some pressure on the top flight.

But even so, we messed up earlier than that, we should never have lost to Spurs at home, particularly in that fashion we did, gutless performance from the players. After that it was too little too late, we had to hope that the top teams would drop a lot of points, that's when you know you've messed up somewhere down the line. 

It's also pointless looking at the certain games we lost, every team in the league could say "we should have won that game" "should never have lost that", the bottom line is we just haven't been good enough this season and it has shown. We deserve to be where we are and the players admitted that it's been a poor season, poor title defence, roll on not season with fresher ideas. 

There were some performances this season that were unacceptable for me. Watford, Bournemouth and City away were shocking. The City game especially where we just sat off and did nothing.  

Conte is obviously an “all or nothing” guy, wears his heart on his sleeve and is very emotional. Great when he’s happy but it’s bad when he’s down. 

17 hours ago, brakeit said:

Again and for last time. We missed Walker, cause Marina was too slow and was trying to lower the prize.

City was never for Walker, they was going for Dany Alvez. But he reject them, and in 3 days time they finalize the Walker transfer.

Same shi** happen with Lukaku, as United was never in for him, they was after Morata.

We was too slow, Marina was doing s**** all over again and they stole it from us.

Of course we will lose target, when we always act and react slow. We are letting our job to be finish in the end of the transfer market. We always work late and late there isn`t much of a choice, cause good players that are available are selling fast.

You have to be fast and swift.

Any proof that Marina was too slow with Walker? Can you please post dates of when ours and City's bid was placed and the value of them?

City wanted Walker and Alves, hence why they signed Danilo when they missed out on Alves. 

Why would they just give up on Morata and sign Lukaku. I imagine they were discussing deals for both.

DdzncVgU8AA5DBW.jpg

Conte, Lampard, Shevchenko and Pato at the Pirlo testimonial match last night. 

And some other people who I can only assume are Chelsea fans. 

Edited by ForeverCarefree
Spotted another former blue.

18 hours ago, Luca Vialli said:

Poor is how he set us up vs Man City, No faith in the team at all. The constant moaning about how these aren't the players he wanted and alienating what looks like 40% of the squad. Poor subs, Piss poor man management. He doesn't want to be here, The fact no other club has gone in for him speaks volumes.

Everything about him this season has been toxic. Get rid asap.

Why would another club have gone in for him when he is still officially Chelsea Manager?

How do you know what is going on behind the scenes? If Conte leaves, he WILL get another top job, of that I am 100% certain.

4 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Why would another club have gone in for him when he is still officially Chelsea Manager?

How do you know what is going on behind the scenes? If Conte leaves, he WILL get another top job, of that I am 100% certain.

He will. If he has another season like this at another top club, however, then he might start finding it difficult.

8 minutes ago, Argo said:

He will. If he has another season like this at another top club, however, then he might start finding it difficult.

And yet he still picked up silverware.

These sort of things happen more at Chelsea than other top clubs, and if he's backed as he should have been I think he'll be fine.

These sort of things happen more at Chelsea than other top clubs, and if he's backed as he should have been I think he'll be fine.

Lets hope he doesn't get hamstrung by only getting £200m at his next club.

14 minutes ago, Nibs said:

What's the excuse for making management errors that's made Wenger look like a tactical master, there are no excuses.

37 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

What's the excuse for making management errors that's made Wenger look like a tactical master, there are no excuses.

No excuses, but when you look at Conte's two year reign we've had a LOT more good than bad. Let's hope we can say the same with the next fella.

No excuses, but when you look at Conte's two year reign we've had a LOT more good than bad. Let's hope we can say the same with the next fella.

I've always said I don't mind Conte staying, it's just there has been so many mistakes. I agree with posters who say all managers make mistakes but the problem is Conte hasn't shown anything to say he has learnt from his. He has continued to make the same errors till the very last games and this shows someone who is stubborn. Add in I dont even think Conte wants to be at Chelsea so I just think it's best for all parties.

It's a bit worrying that a lot of us think a Premier League title and an FA Cup  final one year, followed by an FA Cup,  a  League Cup  semi-final and European qualification (albeit not Champions League) in 5th place are valid reasons for  getting quite so exercised about getting rid of Conte.  I think our expectations need to be a bit more managed, myself.

I'm not saying Conte didn't make mistakes during this season (nor last, come to that), but some of the words used to describe our season,  such as "abject", "disgusting", and "dire" are just plain silly.

Every other club in the land would kill for our FA Cup, every other club but 2 would kill for our League Cup run, and 15 other Premier League clubs would kill for our league position.  

Sometimes, you just have to accept that you can't win them all, all of the time.

If Conte had a different attitude maybe things would have been different.

He did break relations with Costa and now Willan, maybe even David Luiz and even Hazard wasn't that happy.

But players can be changed, Conte also fought the board and was passive-aggressive with the club in the media so many times, almost like he doesn't really know how to handle the media pressure in the Premier league.

I don't know any other top managers that constantly tried to make the club look bad.

7 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

I've always said I don't mind Conte staying, it's just there has been so many mistakes. I agree with posters who say all managers make mistakes but the problem is Conte hasn't shown anything to say he has learnt from his. He has continued to make the same errors till the very last games and this shows someone who is stubborn. Add in I dont even think Conte wants to be at Chelsea so I just think it's best for all parties.

He has frustrated me at times I'll admit. Even in the FA Cup final, that second half I was wondering why he wasn't making changes when we were so under the cosh and he left it so late and then takes Hazard off. If United had equalised we'd have been f**ked! But I still think the good has more than outweighed the bad and I think he will have learnt from this season and given the chance and the backing, he could really build something and put the pressure on Pep and City again.

7 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

It's a bit worrying that a lot of us think a Premier League title and an FA Cup  final one year, followed by an FA Cup,  a  League Cup  semi-final and European qualification (albeit not Champions League) in 5th place are valid reasons for  getting quite so exercised about getting rid of Conte.  I think our expectations need to be a bit more managed, myself.

I'm not saying Conte didn't make mistakes during this season (nor last, come to that), but some of the words used to describe our season,  such as "abject", "disgusting", and "dire" are just plain silly.

Every other club in the land would kill for our FA Cup, every other club but 2 would kill for our League Cup run, and 15 other Premier League clubs would kill for our league position.  

Sometimes, you just have to accept that you can't win them all, all of the time.

Nicely put YB. We all seem to feel we have the divine right to win trophies or at least be in the CL every season. It just doesn't work like that.

16 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

This is all perfectly true. The trouble is Conte has burned his bridges, with the board and with the players, at least a lot of them, and for that, he's not entirely blameless.

He's toast, whichever way you look at it. Sad because he's a great manager. A flawed manager but a great one, and he'll have a lot of suitors once he goes.

I say, keep Conte for next season if and only if Antonio Conte actually wants to manage this club. If he doesn't then we need a replacement immediately.

Very true @Davey Baby  if he gets sacked because he f**ked off the board, or even alienated too many players, then so be it.  I personally think that it would be a bad move, but understandable if he is sacked.

But people saying he has to go because of the state of this season and last, so bad that we only won the league and the FA Cup, are just being twattish.

Also, way, way , way too many people getting hung up on his money and whether he'll get a pay-off or  not, or whether he's  staying to  get paid.  Anyone on a salary that is multiple-millions a year has very little true need for an extra x million.  He might want it, it might be pride, it might be that the whole club schism is a  press concoction, it could be that invisible small green men from Venus are working both Conte and Abramovich with strings from above.  But it most definitely isn't "need"  If Conte truly got paid £9 million pounds last year,  then he never, ever has to work again.  Ever.

Edited by yorkleyblue

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

I wouldn’t be too sure. Early Feb he was publicly stating that he had options & he had ambitions, even daring the board to sack him. He suddenly went quiet on that front. Now unlike any other season, several positions are up for grabs but they are filling up quickly. Bayern, Dortmund, PSG and Arsenal already have managers in place, Allegri is staying with Juve. The only other roles available at present are the Italian National team, Nice, Leipzig and Napoli (Ancelotti pref.) if Sarri leaves.