JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

La Repubblica – Antonio Conte has reportedly agreed a three-year contract to take over at Inter, worth €9m per season.

The former Juventus, Italy and Chelsea tactician is ready to replace Luciano Spalletti on the San Siro hotseat.

President Steven Zhang gave the all-clear for director Beppe Marotta to finalise the details, rushing to beat competition from Roma, Milan and Juve. Earlier this week, Conte is thought to have asked Inter to commence talks to land Romelu Lukaku.

24 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Wonder how long until he gets upset with the board and sulks all season because he didn't get the players he wanted.

Third season. 

Inter aren’t pulling up any trees right now so I reckon to go and hire Conte they’re going to go all out to sign certain types of players for a couple of years. 

Sorry to see Antonio coaching such a sh*tty and ridiculous club like indaa, it's actually quite shameful for a juve captain and legend, great coach but disgusting behaviour that unfortunately would not surprise me at all given his precedents.

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

He'll win the league with Inter.

Best manager we have had bar Mourinho.

I would go as far as saying his first season in isolation has parity with Mourinho's best.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

I would go as far as saying his first season in isolation has parity with Mourinho's best.

I could agree with that.

If there is one manager in recent times we should have put our faith and trust in it was Conte.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Nope.. not with Ronaldo at Juve. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

He hasn't been that great at Juve

Agree but he is still the highest rated Serie A player by a margin according to Whoscored, and scored 21 league goals. Juve will outspend everyone else, and I just can’t see anyone stopping them from grabbing their 9th consecutive league title. 

Edited by ducavis

7 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

Sorry to see Antonio coaching such a sh*tty and ridiculous club like indaa, it's actually quite shameful for a juve captain and legend, great coach but disgusting behaviour that unfortunately would not surprise me at all given his precedents.

With the way Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan swap players, I thought you would be used to it by now. You have one player in your team right now that can't seem to make his mind up on what club he wants to play for.

So, Zidane leaves Bale out of his team and when asked he says "its very clear what I done"

Yet, Conte respectfully send a text to Costa to look for a new club as he is not in his plans and gets murdered by fans and media. 

It resonates so much with what Sarri is going through now. We don't support our managers whatsoever, that's why we have such a weak squad mentally as they know they have the power to fire a manager in an instant if they want to. Hope Conte signs for Inter as we will see his true quality then. 

So, Zidane leaves Bale out of his team and when asked he says "its very clear what I done"

Yet, Conte respectfully send a text to Costa to look for a new club as he is not in his plans and gets murdered by fans and media. 

It resonates so much with what Sarri is going through now. We don't support our managers whatsoever, that's why we have such a weak squad mentally as they know they have the power to fire a manager in an instant if they want to. Hope Conte signs for Inter as we will see his true quality then. 

With the way Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan swap players, I thought you would be used to it by now. You have one player in your team right now that can't seem to make his mind up on what club he wants to play for.
Since the wire tapping scandal orchestrated and manipulated by inter shareholders there have not been major swaps with them. In any case Conte is not just a regular player he has been a juve legend, captain and coach, assist from claiming to be a fan since a kid. Inter and his supporters have always attacked all he stands for with bike insults except obviously continuously trying to lure juve players, managers and directors to try replicate the successes that apart from the period immediately after the coup they orchestrated elude them due to their incompetence

On 13/05/2019 at 05:31, Sindre said:

Conte is an overrated manager, we won the title with him as there was no real competition. Pep had a mediocre first season with City, Klopp also had an average start with liverpool, Man U have been a shadow of what they once where since purple nose left, Arsenal were Arsenal and Spurs were Spurs. Conte's performance in his second season was pathetic.  

19 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Conte is an overrated manager, we won the title with him as there was no real competition. Pep had a mediocre first season with City, Klopp also had an average start with liverpool, Man U have been a shadow of what they once where since purple nose left, Arsenal were Arsenal and Spurs were Spurs. Conte's performance in his second season was pathetic.  

So what you're saying is that Conte was able to get better results out of our team in a shorter space of time than his rivals were from their own sides? But this makes him overrated? 

32 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

So what you're saying is that Conte was able to get better results out of our team in a shorter space of time than his rivals were from their own sides? But this makes him overrated? 

I would like this 1000x if i could. 

Wonder how long until he gets upset with the board and sulks all season because he didn't get the players he wanted.
Regardless, he will win something for them. And that's the goal.

Nope.. not with Ronaldo at Juve. 
You probably underrate Conte. City and United had a better squad than ours when he won the league with us, and that was with a team Jose felt weren't good enough to finish in the top 4 position.