Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

That would surely be a step down.

I really can't seem him leaving Inter with Champions League football to Spurs, it is a big step down.

The guy can create more history in Italy like he did with Juventus, and I'm assuming he'll want a good crack at the Champions League.

The only way I can see him leaving is if Inter have to sell players like Lukaku, Martinez etc.

On 06/05/2021 at 08:08, Sexyfootball said:

Rumoured that Tottenham might be talking to him about managing them.

Winning anything with them might be a bridge too far even for Conte LOL.

Conte and Levy working together? Please tell me they've signed up for another Amazon series this time making it no holds barred! 

• 3 weeks later...

Many report that Inter even after winning the title is in huge financial problems which means that they want to sell some of their key players. It's reported that Conte had a huge disagreement with the Inter Milan directors and that he wants to leave. Once again he has shown that he's an amazing manager but at the same time there is little to no stability between him and the club where he's working, he clearly doesn't agree that he should have a weaker team for next season after winning the league.

If Conte leaves Inter there might be a very interesting club for him - PSG, rumors are that Pochettino is set to return to Spurs (LOL).

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Many report that Inter even after winning the title is in huge financial problems which means that they want to sell some of their key players. It's reported that Conte had a huge disagreement with the Inter Milan directors and that he wants to leave. Once again he has shown that he's an amazing manager but at the same time there is little to no stability between him and the club where he's working, he clearly doesn't agree that he should have a weaker team for next season after winning the league.

If Conte leaves Inter there might be a very interesting club for him - PSG, rumors are that Pochettino is set to return to Spurs (LOL).

Thing is it'll be the second club running where he isn't "rewarded" for winning the title. 

Some of the signings we handed him after a title winning season were ridiculous as evidenced by their Chelsea careers post Conte. Now after winning the title at Inter, instead of being given a platform to build towards a better team he's apparently being told they're going to have to sell a couple of big names to balance the books. 

I'm not going to pretend Conte is easy to work with but don't poke the bear and all that. 

He's one manager I'd have back in a heartbeat if he's available one day when we are looking for a manager.

16/17 was as impressive as Joses 04-06 performances in my book. Absolute masterclass that season from Antonio.

Then we screwed it all up ourselves as ForeverCarefree said.

Poor politician but he is an incredible coach isn’t he. Really knows how to build a team. It’s a shame that Inter have no money and will dismantle his team. 

54 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Poor politician but he is an incredible coach isn’t he. Really knows how to build a team. It’s a shame that Inter have no money and will dismantle his team. 

Hopefully we can capitalise on this, some of my most enjoyable times witnessed under Contes tutelage, superb and passionate man and manager

Hope he goes to Madrid would like to see how he turns them around, who moves on, who is purchased and who he changes to play a different way. 

Then watch the fall out, looks like personality wise he is similar to early Mourinho, once he gets the medal, he argues and then moves on. 

20 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Hope he goes to Madrid would like to see how he turns them around, who moves on, who is purchased and who he changes to play a different way. 

Then watch the fall out, looks like personality wise he is similar to early Mourinho, once he gets the medal, he argues and then moves on. 

If he goes to Real Madrid, he's the new Mourinho:

• Chelsea (Mourinho = 2004-2007; Conte = 2016-2018)
  • Inter Milan (Mourinho = 2008-2010; Conte = 2019-2021)
  • Real Madrid (Mourinho = 2010-2013; Conte = ???)

Guess that means Conte is due for a Chelsea return in 2023 or 2024 😜

He'll no doubt "prefer to kill Levy" inside a year but the crazy man might also turn Tottenham into a contender. The kind of players he's dragged to a league title sometimes is amazing.

I hope he doesn't go to Spurs. I think he does not fit in that club as they will not spend a penny on transfers, and we know how Conte dislikes to be in a club that does not back him up with players. If they lose Kane and they are not willing to spend much, who are they promising to bring in for Conte? I'm not seeing it, really.