Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Absolutely agree. This is the intriguing part for me because Conte seems certain to arrive so it's the rest of the staff left to be decided.

Really need a Chelsea connection in there somewhere, be it Steve Holland or Eddie. 

Figure Holland will stay.  Look forward to Summer when we really see the shape and direction of this team take form.  I wouldn't expect as many sold off as some are, but the likes of Oscar Matic and even Hazard are pretty big bargaining chips.  It will also be interesting to see who he brings in...will go a long way in telling what formation/style he wants.

If we do appoint Conte then all the best to him because he'll have a mammoth task in front of him. 

I really hope the supporters back him in 100% regardless of what we think of the circumstances surrounding Mourinho's sacking which still hurts a lot of us, but most importantly the club needs to back him in and not give up when the going gets tough but as history shows I'm not going to hold my breath.

If we do appoint Conte then all the best to him because he'll have a mammoth task in front of him. 

I really hope the supporters back him in 100% regardless of what we think of the circumstances surrounding Mourinho's sacking which still hurts a lot of us, but most importantly the club needs to back him in and not give up when the going gets tough but as history shows I'm not going to hold my breath.

I wouldn't call it a mammoth task, we need to strengthen in key areas but a drastic overhaul is not required.

Forget about Jose, there was no hurt for me this time after all the drama's at the club at the start of the season, hell even at the end of last season you could see things weren't right despite winning the league.

I think Conte will be a great appointment and I he'll make the changes required to turn us into a physical force again, the last few seasons we have looked far to weak.

Edited by Malcolm9

People who are in the 'we need complete overhaul' camp please tell me why Conte will take the job if it is a rocky road? Is he a masochist?

He's taking over one of the biggest clubs in the world and we'll probably allow him to do things his way. He can say he's taken Juve from 7th to 1st and soon he'll be able to say he's taken us from 10th to 1st. Quite impressive to put on the CV

I think Roman and Conte will need to understand that the EPL is entering a new era with an abundance of cash for all clubs; this will not be like Jose's first time around where money will buy the big players and win the league.  Chelsea and him will be up against it both in terms of transfer targets and very stiff competition within the league.    I don't have any aspirations next year other than finishing in the top 4.......Gosh I sounded like an Arsenal fan for a minute.

Apparantly conte is very tactically flexible but is a fan of strike partnerships and wingers from what ive read, id be happy with him dropping the 4231 back for the 433 with a defensive minded midfielder and high wingers, youd get the best out of fabregas as well giving him a couple of players to help cover his deficiencys and maximimise his qualities, with wingers that stay further forward too it would help keep the opposition pegged back abit more trying not leave themselves open to the counter, and with the 'makelele position' it would give the defence more cover, basically like the ranieri/mourinho team of 2005 is my ideal as it covers all the areas on the pitch and has players inbetween the lines too.

I think Roman and Conte will need to understand that the EPL is entering a new era with an abundance of cash for all clubs; this will not be like Jose's first time around where money will buy the big players and win the league. Chelsea and him will be up against it both in terms of transfer targets and very stiff competition within the league. I don't have any aspirations next year other than finishing in the top 4.......Gosh I sounded like an Arsenal fan for a minute.

Same as city, arsenal, liverpool, utd and so on. They are all going to be facing similar challenges. City with a new manager, and if José goes to utd he will again be up against more competition. There isn't a single top club in england which can rest on its laurels next season; we aren't the only ones. People acting like the citys, arsenals and utds are head and shoulders above us in terms of success this season. If it wasn't for such a odd dip in form from us, we would be right up there as every other top club has issues right now.

Edited by enigma

Most of his victories as Italy manager have been 1-0, I'm relatively excited about this I just hope we're not going to get another Mourinho with the absolutely dire defensive football that really hindered our attacking players in my opinion

International football and club football are two different things entirely. In regards to the results as italy coach, I think its meaningless considering international football rarely produces high scorelines often.

What's Vialli been doing lately? Maybe he could be talked into becoming Conte's assistant. It would take care of whatever language problems Conte might have and Luca would know the club and English football. Yeah, I know... Never going to happen, but a guy can always dream, can't I? :happy001:

What's Vialli been doing lately? Maybe he could be talked into becoming Conte's assistant. It would take care of whatever language problems Conte might have and Luca would know the club and English football. Yeah, I know... Never going to happen, but a guy can always dream, can't I? :happy001:

Yeah, when the fish are down!

Agreed, Vialli is amazing, I remember how upset I was at school the day he got sacked. 

How could a man who described English football like this not be in management?

Mary is faithful, bubbly, comforting. She may not be a natural beauty, but, when you are with her, she gives everything she has and makes you feel special. Sometimes you think it might be nice if she took more pride in her appearance - maybe she could spend a few more hours in the gym, perhaps she could dress elegantly instead of in high-street jeans and top, and perhaps a touch of makeup wouldn't go amiss. When you argue, which happens even in the best relationships, it's over quickly and she is always eager to forgive and forget. She only remembers the good times, and never casts up past events to use against you.

Your intimacy with her is usually brief but intense: she never holds back and uses every ounce of her body to please you. You leave in the morning and you might not see her for several days. You don't hear from her and, frankly, you don't mind, because you don't often think about her. Or, rather, you don't think about the last time you were with her, but you might fantasize about your next meeting. Mary is innocent and direct: she tells you exactly what she's thinking, she has no ulterior motives. She's the girl next door, the one you know you can always return to and be welcomed with open arms. The one who will always satisfy you, at least for a short while.

• coco unpinned this topic