Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

JMaher94

It's difficult to retain a title in the EPL just ask City who spend millions every year, the level of competition is ridiculous. Also that new stadium won't build itself. Roman is rich but he is no Croesus.

I'm not disputing that but we haven't given ourselves the best chances in recent years, after a title. Furthermore the TV deal means Roman will never have to dig into his own pocket for transfers ever again unless we sign MSN.

But re last summer, Alderwierld and Witsel were avalible last summer, both relatively cheap, both had the qualities to play for us, we should have been all over that.

I'm not disputing that but we haven't given ourselves the best chances in recent years, after a title. Furthermore the TV deal means Roman will never have to dig into his own pocket for transfers ever again unless we sign MSN.

But re last summer, Alderwierld and Witsel were avalible last summer, both relatively cheap, both had the qualities to play for us, we should have been all over that.

Just consider if the manager wanted those players. I don't for once believe Jose has no say over transfers.

Yea mate Nani, check it online. I would like your input on what makes Bailly so much better than Papy.

Maybe you should. All i see is that he has agreed terms with Inter. I haven't seen Bailey so cannot comment but the transfer price does paint a picture of the guy's talent. No one drops 30m on complete unknowns.

Dont know how and where that came from or how that is even possible. But just the google search and the first link begs to differ along with my own eyes http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11985682/Premier-Leagues-top-10-tacklers-in-201516.html?frame=endScreen

Ahh sorry he was 12th in the league according to who scored (2nd behind Azpi for Chelsea). I don't know where I would have seen him being the 4th highest tackler in the league I just remember it having popped up on the tele I imagine that they had added a lot of extra qualifiers.

Still for someone who is shoddy defensively 12th isn't half bad. 

after watching italy under conte last night i am hoping just one thing, that the twats who pull the strings at chelsea give him the money he wants for the players 'He' wants, and some time !!

Seems les and less likely though.

In all likelihood we will faff around nainggolan till mid august and then loan in a washed up striker and some 22 yo from championship.

Loved the team spirit that Italy showed. They all seemed so passionate and willing to run for each other. It shows how hard work out performs talent.

Hopefully he can bring that to us. At 46, he is still young and hasn't had too many high profile jobs that have burnt him out.

Ahh sorry he was 12th in the league according to who scored (2nd behind Azpi for Chelsea). I don't know where I would have seen him being the 4th highest tackler in the league I just remember it having popped up on the tele I imagine that they had added a lot of extra qualifiers.

Still for someone who is shoddy defensively 12th isn't half bad. 

I would be surprised (tending to shocked if he was actually 12th). 

Just a simple questions (leaving out all the stats behind). Do you think cesc is good defensively as midfielder playing in a deep 2?

I would be surprised (tending to shocked if he was actually 12th). 

Just a simple questions (leaving out all the stats behind). Do you think cesc is good defensively as midfielder playing in a deep 2?

Simply no, I also don't think that role suits him as he has to work too hard defensively and it seems to take away from the creative side of his game.

But he has shown that he can and will put the effort in and do a shift defensively if his role requires it.

I will also say that I don't think he is defensively inept as some people have suggested but will agree it definitely isn't one of his strong suits and he certainly will miss tackles and he will allow people passed him. 

Edited by PedroMendez

I have been waiting eagerly to see Conte in action and i was not disappointed. He certainly got a tune out of a very ordinary Italian team, but what I liked most was the tactics. He was straight down Belgium's throats from the kick off. The high pressing, work rate and never say die attitude shocked Belgium to the core. They were out thought and out played by a better tactician, even though player for player they are loads better. This augurs well !!

I think the future is bright, provided we get him the players he wants, not the ones Emanalo, Roman or the Board think might work. Be patient, he will be watching every game while he is in France, drawing up a short list to give to the Board. Expect no signings until a week or so after the Euros finishes. He will have had a good look at the current squad whilst he was kicking his heels waiting for the Euros to begin. He will know who he likes and who he does not and will choose players to compliment this.

Expect plenty of Italians or Balkans !!

• coco unpinned this topic