JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Hold on!....Stamford bridge looks exactly the same...nothing been done to it...thought we were getting a brand new stadium during the summer? :sad:

Bloody builders, can't ever rely on them.

Perhaps during the next international break.

I have watched this presser a couple of times now and I am more convinced than ever that if he can get these players motivated and working hard, with the talent we have, whether it be his first season or not, we can certainly be in the top 3.  We will only be playing 1 or 2 games a week at most which gives him plenty of time to work on things and for the players to have a longer recovery period.   It is obvious that he has sincere passion for this game and if any of our lot don't show the same work ethic and passion they won't even make the bench..

Top player, good track record as a coach, former players speak very highly of him AND he nailed his first press conference...

Many, many causes for optimism. Just hope our players respond and buy into his methods. Talk is of a brutal pre-season, hope the players don't get fed up or down tools again.

If he can get the players on-board, then we could well be in for a fantastic return to form. Excited for the new season!

Watched the press conference live and I was impressed.  Straight to the point and stating that we need to work hard and be passionate, play in a style that excites our fans and win matches.  I think this manager will play players on merit and not just their names.  Cant wait for the new season!!!  Come on Chelsea.....

It will be interesting to see how the players adapt to Conte's methods. In theory, they are used to working hard on the pitch as Jose used a similar approach.

I just hope Conte allows them freedom on the pitch for that attacking football. Jose's style didn't but by the sounds of it,Conte will allow it.

Is that necessary? Jose is big part of our history, no matter you like it or not. There is no need to act like this after... one press conference. Not even a single match, half season or title/cup. A fu**ing press conference? Ridiculous.

You'll get used to it, most of these guys are newbies, that's all you need to know! None of the guys who regularly go to the Bridge would chat sh*t like this.

I'd say no given it says he will make 3 major signings. Gonna be interesting to see who they are, one will be Kante but the other two I'm not sure.

At least one of them has to be a defender. Would love a fullback and centre-back. Still, mates think we could do with a winger, guess it depends on the system.

I'm still scratching my head why Kanté wants to come, but who am i to complain?!

At least one of them has to be a defender. Would love a fullback and centre-back. Still, mates think we could do with a winger, guess it depends on the system.

I'm still scratching my head why Kanté wants to come, but who am i to complain?!

I agree, CB and full back are a must. I think we're probably OK for wingers myself.

We have had just 1 year as really terrible. We are the last english club to win the CL and won the PL just a year before. We also have a new dynamic coach and can match salary as other clubs. Not that hard. Unless u already think of us as Liverpool.

I think the 3 signings are these:  Kalidou Koulibaly, Ngolo Kante and Gabriel Barbosa.  It will be exciting to see if we actually get these guys.  I also hope that the players will respond to Conte's methods and passion.  Can't wait for the new season to kick off - actually looking forward to watching the game tomorrow, 5pm vs Rapid Vienna.

We have had just 1 year as really terrible. We are the last english club to win the CL and won the PL just a year before. We also have a new dynamic coach and can match salary as other clubs. Not that hard. Unless u already think of us as Liverpool.

He could have waited and looked how things went when in the CL, he's got everything at Leicester. We can match Leicester's salary, most likely he'll receive even more, but he won't double it here, imo. There're no guarantees that Chelsea will be in CL next season, maybe there're only three spots left, y*ds and the Arse are notorious bottlers. Italy are on the rise again... :sad:

I don't think we've become Pool (King Kenny as head coach ::clap2:: ) but personally i rate Mou higher and i do question the spending. We still pay money, yes, but i'm not sold on the priorities, look, instead of a defender, first things first we buy another Belgian talent, mhh. Yeah, it's not over, still the beginning, but over the years i've more and more developped some serious doubts!

I think Scouse will be a nasty opponent this season. I rate this 'Klopper' guy highly, i can see a young, dymanic and hungry team going cocks out.

He could have waited and looked how things went when in the CL, he's got everything at Leicester. We can match Leicester's salary, most likely he'll receive even more, but he won't double it here, imo. There're no guarantees that Chelsea will be in CL next season, maybe there're only three spots left, y*ds and the Arse are notorious bottlers. Italy are on the rise again... :sad:

I don't think we've become Pool (King Kenny as head coach ::clap2:: ) but personally i rate Mou higher and i do question the spending. We still pay money, yes, but i'm not sold on the priorities, look, instead of a defender, first things first we buy another Belgian talent, mhh. Yeah, it's not over, still the beginning, but over the years i've more and more developped some serious doubts!

I think Scouse will be a nasty opponent this season. I rate this 'Klopper' guy highly, i can see a young, dymanic and hungry team going cocks out.

I'm not sure where your concerns are coming from. We needed to provide cover and competition for Costa, we did. We need to add more steel in midfield, we are doing.

Conte has already hinted we will see another 3 signings, so in all likelihood, we will try to address the problems at the back as well.

Maybe utd and city will be favourites on paper, although I don't think United have done anything of note, I'm certainly not fearful of a 35 year old Ibrahimovic,

Liverpool have weak squad, I don't think they will be anywhere near us.

Plenty to complain about last year, but so far so good in terms of this summer.

I'm not sure where your concerns are coming from. We needed to provide cover and competition for Costa, we did. We need to add more steel in midfield, we are doing.

Conte has already hinted we will see another 3 signings, so in all likelihood, we will try to address the problems at the back as well.

Maybe utd and city will be favourites on paper, although I don't think United have done anything of note, I'm certainly not fearful of a 35 year old Ibrahimovic,

Liverpool have weak squad, I don't think they will be anywhere near us.

Plenty to complain about last year, but so far so good in terms of this summer.

It looks like Conte knows what he wants, so we have to wait and see who he'll finally bring in, point taken. Another striker isn't the worst idea, but personally i would have had other priorities.

There are several opinions whether or not United will be great again. I think Ibra will be ready, moreover i think a lot of players have a lot of potential, talking about the likes of Schneiderlin, Herrera and others. But i agree with you, in the end it's just a guessing game.

Klopp must have surely put a plan in motion. They've already strengthened in three departments, money isn't everything, their two guys in defence are good players. Looking forward to their 'gegenpressing'. Top 3 is possible. But we'll see.

Edited by Essien19

I think Conte gets instant Kudos from players, because he was a top one, maybe the only slight on Jose, he didn't always show players respect, because he didn't know What a player expects...

Looks like he had a Hublot on today, though

Yeah I noticed. The thing with Hublo is they keep giving football managers their watches. It's a great marketing strategy.

I've seen a few AP watches but not as many as Hublot. APs are usually more expensive than Hunlots and to me it feel like Hublots are not as solid and refined, it's like a mass production now.