Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Totally but I think they will be focusing on Maurinho.

I hope he will start some BS about campaigns against MU that will give media something to talk about.

Depends on who is winning the league. If United are winning it they'll go after them. If we're winning it they'll go after us. Same old, same old. British press and fans in general hate successful teams. Just gotta take it as a compliment

Depends on who is winning the league. If United are winning it they'll go after them. If we're winning it they'll go after us. Same old, same old. British press and fans in general hate successful teams. Just gotta take it as a compliment

they didn't go after LC. I guess LC is an exception since they were underdog.

He acknowledged we are thin in defence and says the club are working on a solution

Didn't he also say we are working on a solution for both Cuadrado and Remy? If so we must bring in a striker too.

Lukaky. Rucardo Rodriguez and koulibaly by deadline?

Dinamo Zagreb’s Portuguese goalkeeper, Eduardo, should arrive next week to provide cover for Thibaut Courtois, and interest in Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly remains strong. Yet the Italian club, who have already rejected an offer worth £42.5m for the centre-half, now value the 25-year-old at closer to £60m. That for a player who has six caps for Senegal and cost only £7m from Genk in 2014.

“I’m not comfortable [paying over the odds]. I don’t like to pay a lot of money. If a player warrants us paying [lots of] money, then it’s right. But for a medium player, it’s right only to pay the right price, not £20m-30m over. That’s not right. The money is not mine, but I don’t like it the same. I don’t find it right.”

The manager remains in regular contact with the director Marina Granovskaia and the technical director Michael Emenalo over potential incoming and outgoing transfers. “It’s difficult to speak about discussions I have with the club, but we are awaiting the right solution to improve Chelsea,” said Conte. “We need to sign some players. We are now a few players down in defence – we only have a few – but we are working together, me and the club, to find the right solution.

“We must be patient and wait. Not only at Chelsea, too: I have seen this with the other clubs. It’s very difficult to have a ‘good market’, but now it’s a real situation for all of us. We must live with it and find a solution. We have two weeks before the end of the transfer market. If we can improve this squad, we want to improve it.”

There is interest, too, in the Wolfsburg left-back Ricardo Rodríguez and Everton’s Romelu Lukaku

Edited by havelschayes

He's calling Koulibaly a medium player [emoji1]

apart from one good season he hasn't done much. he has 6 caps for his national team and napoli bought him two seasons ago for 7 miilion, and there was talk napoli were ready to sell him last season so explain why we should be overpaying so much for him. makes no sense. if he goes on to have an average season we were right and napoli were wrong

We still have issues in terms of finding the ideal formation and best 11, but Rome wasn't built in a day so patience and perseverance is the key here. Conte is learning about the capabilities and weaknesses of the squad every day so I have faith he knows what he's doing.

I see enough to be optimistic about Conte's managerial prospects and so far I've enjoyed watching him display his passion on the touchlines. Two wins out of two is the perfect start for our manager needing to establish himself in arguably the toughest league in the world.

I'm hoping the club can assist him with some good signings before the window is out because today is also a wake-up call to the vulnerabilities that the team currently faces.

Both matches so far he's tactical changes have won us the game.

Hopefully we can start getting the job done earlier in a game.

Very happy with a new manager so far though.

there is an old saying that you don't get credit for cleaning up your own mess, sorry can't resist.. carry on.. 

Antonio Conte is Magnifico ! .........I am so happy Chelsea fc went for him instead of Simeone.

No contest ..........I have supported Chelsea since my first match 1962, and Chelsea is all about style and we have great history with Legends ......Italians ........Sir Roberto Di Matteo and Luca Vialli.

I always remember Vialli's first match as manager against Arsenal ( 1998 - 2nd leg semi final of the Coca Cola cup -dressing room rumour ......Vialli gave his speech and every player a glass of champagne and we went out and smashed the Arse .......Sir Roberto Di Matteo scored a blinder !

A

His passion is brilliant to watch, but I would like to see some changes in the team which is clear for most to see.

Ivanovic is over and should be the last resort. Why the hell is he still a first teamer?

Oscar should not have been in the squad. End of.

Pedro should not have been ahead of Juan and Moses.

Why have not we bought a Left back? 

Our squad and our first team lacks quality and while Kante solves a major issue, we still need upgrades in several places, none of which have been taken care of.

• coco unpinned this topic