Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

I know it seems the cool and 'in' thing to say to some but I really think Emenalo is a big problem for us. Ever since he had that supposed feud with Jose back when he left the first time it seems Emenalo has gone from strength to strength within the internal structure of the club. I increasingly see him pop in on media stuff for Chelsea T.V etc and to me he doesn't always come across in a favourable light. A lot of it might just be a gut instinct but I just don't like/trust the man with our transfer dealings. 

Dont get that vibe at all, seems like hes frustrated with what he called unreasonable fees for average players.

I doubt the manager cares about how crazy the transfer fees are. That's not his money and he isn't involved in negotiations. What Conte does care is gettng the players he identified as an upgrade to the team he'd inherited. And he isn't getting them.

Of course he isn't going to voice his displeasure at our transfer dealings or lack thereof publicly in the room full of journos, but it's fair to assume that he's disappointed and who wouldn't be in his place.

I doubt the manager cares about how crazy the transfer fees are. That's not his money and he isn't involved in negotiations. What Conte does care is gettng the players he identified as an upgrade to the team he'd inherited. And he isn't getting them.

Of course he isn't going to voice his displeasure at our transfer dealings or lack thereof publicly in the room full of journos, but it's fair to assume that he's disappointed and who wouldn't be in his place.

What is he referring to then if not the transfer fees?  What is so crazy about the market if not the fees?

I blame you! You let Mourinho down last season and it appears you are about to do the same again.

What is he referring to then if not the transfer fees?  What is so crazy about the market if not the fees?

He is referring to the crazy transfer fees because that's what he's told by the board when he asks about the lack of signings.

Even if he agrees that the fees are unreasonable, that knowledge doesn't change anything for him, he's still expected to deliver results on the pitch.

He is referring to the crazy transfer fees because that's what he's told by the board when he asks about the lack of signings.

Even if he agrees that the fees are unreasonable, that knowledge doesn't change anything for him, he's still expected to deliver results on the pitch.

Yeah. Conte got his powers from Dumbledore himself so he should be fine.

My biggest worry about the whole transfer business is Conte. He walked out of Juventus when he and the board didn't see eye to eye over transfers.

I hate to see the same happen here!

It will happen if the board doesn't sign any defenders and the club is outside of the top four by mid-season.

Does anybody have found tactical analysis from today's match against Burnley? I really really need that, checked few sites who offer tactical analysis but there is nothing about that match (yet). So if anyone find something just please send, quote me here or send pm. Thanks!

Conte has reiterated that Chelsea are still willing to spend the big money but that the issue is rival clubs' reluctancy to do business.

"We didn't refuse to spend the money for the right targets," Conte insisted. "The situation is that the target is not available to buy and to spend the money on.

"Then I also told [them] that I'd prefer to spend a lot of money on the right great player, not on a medium player."

• coco unpinned this topic