Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Just don't think its 50 mil worth of promise and failing (or not trying) to do a deal at 50 mil is fine with me. Not a very good event to use to knock Granovskaia with.

Refusing to go to 50, 2.5 times our initial bid is not penny pinching.

Your english is pretty good.

Thanks man!

The media reported that the first bid started at 20 mio., time and time again it went up a bit but it took too long, imo.

One has to wonder why they didn't ask for the price instead of coming back over and over again.

They wanted to get him on the cheap, hoped that they could unsettle Stones (filled in a transfer request) and disrespected Everton by saying they wouldn't keep a player against his will (okay, that was on Jose, at the end he panicked).

Shortly before the transfer window closed media reported that there were big bids for Pogba and Marquinhos, if that was true, why so late?

They wouldn't have had a pre-season with the guys and with all due respect, trying this late to buy these kind of players is very difficult, one could guess the board wanted to fail, but knew that they had to bring some excuses to the table.

Bought Pedro for 30 quid, panic transfer at its best instead of a proper central back or midfielder, that's always the case since Marin, expensive average wingers, but what can i say, what can i do.

Anyway the business has been poor for some time, nothing learned from 2009/2010, so the roller coaster continues...

Listening to a Chelsea podcast, Phil Daniels said that the Stones transfer broke down because of Jose. He didn't say exactly what happened but Kenwright had some issue with Jose. Daniels is good mates with Kenwright and told him personally.

I think there's more to the story than the club low balling.

Isn't this common knowledge already? Everton, Kenwright and probably Martinez too, didn't want to sell to Jose.

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

Listening to a Chelsea podcast, Phil Daniels said that the Stones transfer broke down because of Jose. He didn't say exactly what happened but Kenwright had some issue with Jose. Daniels is good mates with Kenwright and told him personally.

I think there's more to the story than the club low balling.

It's been obvious from the start. anyone who followed the stones transfer saga from the start ( right before Everton's preseason game vs arsenal would have an incline.

I'm not sure where you're getting this £50 million figure from. Have you got a link because the stories that were widely circulated were that we had a number of bids rejected, starting at £20 million and then increasing by at least 50%.

That's basically like you putting your house on the market at £300K and having someone throw in a bid of £200K to test the water. It's ridiculous.

It's not new to think that Emenalo was under-experienced and over-promoted, and I'm worried that Roman might have made the same mistake with Granovskaia. 

Not really. Its more like someone drives past your street and sees your house and says "i'll give you 200k for that house, i like it" and the owner turning around, releuctant to sell, and saying at the last minute "i don't wanna lose this house so gimme 500k and its yours". No matter how much you like the house you have to consider is it really worth paying 500k just for a 200k house? Especially when you have many more 200k houses elsewhere around Europe that you're leting other people borrow..

Hopefully this is the last time i'll ever have to use a scenario like this in a comment again. 

Not really. Its more like someone drives past your street and sees your house and says "i'll give you 200k for that house, i like it" and the owner turning around, releuctant to sell, and saying at the last minute "i don't wanna lose this house so gimme 500k and its yours". No matter how much you like the house you have to consider is it really worth paying 500k just for a 200k house? Especially when you have many more 200k houses elsewhere around Europe that you're leting other people borrow..

Hopefully this is the last time i'll ever have to use a scenario like this in a comment again.

Instead we bought a 5 mio. house which the child (Jose) didn't like so since then we have an expensive dust collector.

No use at all!

Why?

Because Emenalo is class?

There has to be given credit to him because the likes of KdB, Lukaku, Courtois, Musonda were money well spent, but why on god's green earth does he consistently bring players in who the managers clearly not favour?

Jose didn't rate Papy, Guus doesn't rate Pato, one could have gotten these impressions long before due to their acting in the media.

Granovskaia seems to be a good salesman, but she f**ked up the Stone's transfer, acted like an amateur, way too slow and too disrespectful.

You're well known on Talkchelsea for your hatred towards Jose, don't like it but the man made mistakes.

But you should blame others too, do you really think some major overhaul in management wouldn't be a good choice?

Why should we deny someone like Conte to bring in his own team, especially a new technical director?

Emenalo and RA are staying, if Conte can't cope with that he can f**k off to United or stay in Italy.

Emenalo and RA are staying, if Conte can't cope with that he can f**k off to United or stay in Italy.

Roman owns the club, so there is no way he's forced out.

Sacking Emenalo is perhaps blown out of proportion but bringing in a new guy and splitting the work wouldn't be too bad, imo.

Spotting young talents is within his abilities, but furthermore?! Not sure!

Conte must be allowed to choose his guys, we want it to work this time. [emoji4]

That might well be the funniest bit of irony I have seen since I joined this site :)

'Funniest bit of irony'.

We saw how Zouma came on under him, same goes for the strides JT made as a defender. I know it's fashionable to slag Jose off nowadays (on the internet) but I think it's useful to examine these things fairly isn't it?

Wouldn't want to make more funniest bits of ironicals now would we.

That might well be the funniest bit of irony I have seen since I joined this site :)

Also, most promising defender? must have omitted the word 'central' from that post. Hurt to say this but I would rather watch a bellerin or cresswell play over stones.

Also, most promising defender? must have omitted the word 'central' from that post. Hurt to say this but I would rather watch a bellerin or cresswell play over stones.

Cresswell is 26. That's not considered young in football.

Bellerin is a good prospect but I still think that Stones has the potential to be better though.

Edited by ShedEnder91

Cresswell is 26. That's not considered young in football.

Bellerin is a good prospect but I still think that Stones has the potential to be better though.

Cresswell that old? Wow. Opinions opinions, I find bellerin more exciting to someone rated for his ability to make 15 yards passes.

When is this actually going to be announced? After the Euros?

Do you reckon there's a possibility of them not making the contract final until they see how he does at Euros? Would that be unusual for contract negotiations? Van Gaal was confirmed before the World Cup no matter what happened at the World Cup.

Do you reckon there's a possibility of them not making the contract final until they see how he does at Euros? Would that be unusual for contract negotiations? Van Gaal was confirmed before the World Cup no matter what happened at the World Cup.

I don't think Italy's performance at the Euros will have any bearing on his appointment personally - given the rhetoric in the press it seems like a done deal. If they fail to get of their group it will be a general reflection on the lack of quality in their squad atm, not the coach.

I give conte credit for coaching the national team. A lot more of a task than club football. Very few managers his age manage the top national sides when they could manage a myriad of clubs instead. I don't know why people are critical of his results with the national side tbh.

• coco unpinned this topic