Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Antonio Conte is working so hard at Chelsea he's considering asking for a BED at their training ground

The Italian says he rarely gets time to spend with his family in London and admits losing games can affect his mood for days

Action Images via ReutersAntonio Conte
Forty winks? Conte works so hard at Cobham he's considering sleeping there

Workaholic Antonio Conte has joked that he works such long hours at Chelsea's training ground he's asking for a BED there.

The Italian has proved a huge hit with fans at Stamford Bridge for his passion on the touchline.

Conte has been busy preparing his Chelsea side for a huge Friday night test at home to Liverpool .

And, in an interview with Thierry Henry for Sky Sports , he has admitted that his workload leaves little time to spend with his family.

He said: "When there is my wife and daughter, then I am allowed to go in together and visit and enjoy London and it is a fantastic city. And when I stay a long time here, it is very difficult for me because I stay at Stamford Bridge for eight or nine hours, I prefer to work here (Chelsea's Cobham training ground).

ReutersAntonio Conte with Jurgen Klopp
Conte and Jurgen Klopp will come face to face tonight, just as they did in the US in pre-season
GettyAntonio Conte battles to get the ball back with Cesar Apilicueta
No one is more passionate on the touchline than Conte

READ MORE

"But in the future I want to ask for a bed here, because there could be a situation that happens where there is the possibility I want to stay here!"

Conte also admitted he is a terrible loser and that defeats can affect his mood for days.

He explained: "I hate to lose, but for one or two days I suffer a lot after a defeat.

"And for this reason I try with my players and other people who work with me to find the right solution to avoid a defeat, because I suffer a lot after a defeat and I do not want to lose."

Chelsea FC via GettyAntonio Conte poses at Stamford Bridge
The Italian is loving being back in club football again
Action Images via ReutersAntonio Conte looks dejected
Conte says he "suffers" for days after a defeat

The 47-year-old was in charge of Bari, Atalanta, Siena and then Juventus before enjoying a two year spell as Italy boss and is loving being in charge of a club again.

But he warned Liverpool are the WORST team for his Chelsea side to play now.

READ MORE

He added: "I think it will be a very tough game because at this moment Liverpool are in a very good shape and we must pay great attention.

"I consider Liverpool the worst team to play now and I repeat, we must pay great attention and prepare the game in the right way, but it will be a good game."

8 hours ago, dkw said:

Football manager has a lot to answer for..

i remember when FM first came out, there were lads applying for non-league coaching positions based on their FM results.

CV: "I took Salisbury to the Championship" 

It also makes a lot of folk think that they are transfer experts and that everyone is available to sign.

he need to take responsibility for this one. he got his starting XI wrong (i will continue to say this as long as he insist picking Matic ahead of Cesc), and he got his subs way too late. i understand against Swansea last week the team was working (in a way), so he had a reason to hesitate subbing in the subs, but this match the team barely created anything. need to sort this out

11 minutes ago, havelschayes said:

honeymoon's over

I think any new manager needs until at least christmas before they can be properly judged.

However, we havent started any games well this season, and yet Conte names the same starting 11 every game. Why not change it?
His subs are coming far too late. Today we got the goal and should have brought fabregas on then to help probe liverpool more and create chances.

I'll say this though. Look at our last 5 or 6 seasons, and in general we have struggled to compete at the top. Except for 1 year. What a job Mourinho did that season! This squad is not good enough, that much is clear. We just need to see that the manager is willing to try other options and/or recruit cleverly to improve our squad. So far, Conte still needs to prove these things

2 minutes ago, Coxy15 said:

I'll say this though. Look at our last 5 or 6 seasons, and in general we have struggled to compete at the top. Except for 1 year. What a job Mourinho did that season! This squad is not good enough, that much is clear. We just need to see that the manager is willing to try other options and/or recruit cleverly to improve our squad. So far, Conte still needs to prove these things

I still think it's just our defense. We have an excellent squad otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

I still think it's just our defense. We have an excellent squad otherwise.

I disagree. I mean, tonight we got a goal out of nothing in the 61st minute, then didn't threaten for the next 30 mins. A side with a good attack should at least create a couple of half-chances in that time, given the situation. But we did nothing. Liverpool were never worried

Just now, Coxy15 said:

I disagree. I mean, tonight we got a goal out of nothing in the 61st minute, then didn't threaten for the next 30 mins. A side with a good attack should at least create a couple of half-chances in that time, given the situation. But we did nothing. Liverpool were never worried

We didn't get that many chances to be fair, plus Hazard was having a bitch of a game.

The one thing you could say about jose is that he tried everything possible sub wise to turn a game around. Unfortunately tonight I feel that conte was simply content to keep it 2-1 until the last ten minutes. Those subs should of been with half hour to go. I can accept defeat when I see players and manager giving 100% but tonight I felt it was only the players doing so and they were let down by conte

ah typical conte, that interview with henry, trying to buy over fans with his peripheral non canon football related management.. work 24 hours, showing overzealous reaction and blah blah blah.. it may work for some people but I judge him based on result and performance and he's failing so far..

• coco unpinned this topic