Jump to content

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager


JMaher94
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

5 hours ago, KillVearn said:

Well, he left a scar in the heart of Juve fans not for his way to manage the team. To be fair, the Juventus that played under him during his first year as a coach was the most exciting I've seen play from the nineties.

On the other hand he has a huge issue with communication and he's extremely stubborn, instead of taking responsibilities after having lost to Galatasaray and eliminated from the group stage of the Champions League he said that we couldn't expect him to win with a panda, when other teams were equipped with tanks, even if no one was requesting him to dominate Real Madrid but at least to win both matches against Copenhagen. He also left Juve during preseason after a harsh discussion regarding the transfer market with our management, stating that Juve would have not become competitive again in Champions for a long time. There's plenty of stuff for some fans to despise him, but personally I am still thankful for having brought us to be great again and I am sure he will do the same with Chelsea. I haven't seen yesterday's game to be honest, but the draw against Swansea is solely on certain players shoulders. I also think that you're confusing him with Allegri in reference to Oscar.

 

so basically conte is nothing special, all that's noteworthy about him is the scudetto with juventus, the biggest team in italy, big enough to be having the biggest role in calciopolli fiasco..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I really really hope that conte realises that some of our players are just not up to it and makes changes for the next game...the same old faces that keep getting picked will be dropped...play a youth teamer or two...shake things up...change formation..play two strikers....but somehow...the usual crap will still be picked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure we will see a new formation he might even use the cup game as a trial tun for arsenal, surely he won't persist with the same 11, the idea was why change a winning formula, but tbf we all knew that wasn't ideal or what we were after longer term, need Alonso in, Ivan out and zouma back and surely room made for fab, our midfield isn't creative enough we can't rely on hazard to make every chance and costs to finish it, also imo bats is too good to be a sub, would in theory love to see a 3 1 4 2 but it doesn't really suit our personal 

-------------CA-----JT------DL----------------

--------------------NK---------------------------

WBS-------------------------------------------MA

 ----------CF-----------------------EH-----------

--------------------DC---------MB----------------

 

The thought behind using Willian as a rwb is that if we use Dave we really only have 3 mid fielders and can't use fab, that's the best I think 3 at the back would do with out personnel. 

I also wouldn't mind seeing a 4-2-4 being looked at again:

----CA---------DL/KZ----------JT/KZ-------MA

--------------------CF-----------NK----------------

----WBS------------------------------EH/PERL

----------------DC----------MB/EH------------

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully, the wake up call ?

because if he keeps picking this identical team every single week then this is going just one way ... the Jose way ...

And it will all end in tears ...

ivan needs to be dropped. Oscar, William, etc. should not be guaranteed automatic choices if their form dips ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


17 minutes ago, Englishman said:

Defending deep, two defensive midfielders starting at home, 

But Matic isn't playing as a defensive midfielder, only Kante is playing that role.

For a tenuous comparison their roles compared to Jose's old 4-3-3 are:

Kante = Makelele

Matic = Essien 

Oscar = Lampard

So Kante is always asked to sit. Matic goes where need and Oscar is the most attacking of the three and joins the attack as often as possible.

As far as I see it anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

But Matic isn't playing as a defensive midfielder, only Kante is playing that role.

For a tenuous comparison their roles compared to Jose's old 4-3-3 are:

Kante = Makelele

Matic = Essien 

Oscar = Lampard

So Kante is always asked to sit. Matic goes where need and Oscar is the most attacking of the three and joins the attack as often as possible.

As far as I see it anyway.

God, if only Matic or Oscar had half the ability of those 2...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

But Matic isn't playing as a defensive midfielder, only Kante is playing that role.

For a tenuous comparison their roles compared to Jose's old 4-3-3 are:

Kante = Makelele

Matic = Essien 

Oscar = Lampard

So Kante is always asked to sit. Matic goes where need and Oscar is the most attacking of the three and joins the attack as often as possible.

As far as I see it anyway.

I see the comparison but oscar wont contribute to over 30 goals a season, so our current midfield 3 will never be strong enough as an attacking force. 

Even though matic and oscar arent playing as the defensive midfield, both are in the team for what they without the ball, more than they are with it. 

I think if we play both matic and kante in midfield, then we may as well just play 2 up top, and get one of the strikers to drop a little when the opposition get the ball. 

Id also argue that the maka, essien, lampard combo worked so well, because we didnt play as much through midfield, because we could go long to drogba, and have lamps support him. 

If we were solid defensively then i could understand the midfield we are starting, but we have only kept 1 clean sheet, and we have struggled to create chances, with us having to chase 4 out the 5 games we have played this season. 

I think it is time for a change in midfield and also defence, although im not sure whether conte will be bold enough to make changes away at arsenal. 

He has a massive job to do, to get us looking like a cohesive team both in attack and in defence. Time and patience is required, and i think he has shown enough passion and desire to warrant it imo.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something to bear in mind is that Kante isn't really being played in his favoured position. Kante's pushed a little deeper than he would like, forcing him to remain deep and relatively static when at Leicester he preferred to be able to chase down opposition midfielders more flexibly. 

Of course Matic did play further forward in a 4-3-3 at Benfica but I feel it'd be better if they were to switch positions a little. Seemed like Kanté was just being passed around by Liverpool the other day which broke our attack down since Matic didn't really know what to do and Kanté had some struggles trying to cover all the bases he needed to, and hence our positioning looked a bit poor. 

Edited by MANoWAR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MANoWAR said:

Something to bear in mind is that Kante isn't really being played in his favoured position. Kante's pushed a little deeper than he would like, forcing him to remain deep and relatively static when at Leicester he preferred to be able to chase down opposition midfielders more flexibly. 

Of course Matic did play further forward in a 4-3-3 at Benfica but I feel it'd be better if they were to switch positions a little. Seemed like Kanté was just being passed around by Liverpool the other day which broke our attack down since Matic didn't really know what to do and Kanté had some struggles trying to cover all the bases he needed to, and hence our positioning looked a bit poor. 

 

I wouldn't mind this actually as barring his admittedly pretty good assist vs Liverpool, Matic struggles going forward. His best work with us was as a pure DM in 2014/5 and he lacks the technical skill to be a B2B player. Have him focus on defending, Kante on pressing & Fabregas on passing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, big blue said:

I see the comparison but oscar wont contribute to over 30 goals a season, so our current midfield 3 will never be strong enough as an attacking force. 

 

To be fair Lampard was a freak of nature and there aren't many midfielders who will be able to put contribute to goals as consistently as he did.

I think the numbers Oscar puts up are respectable but the main criticism is that he doesn't do it in the big games which is fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

But Matic isn't playing as a defensive midfielder, only Kante is playing that role.

For a tenuous comparison their roles compared to Jose's old 4-3-3 are:

Kante = Makelele

Matic = Essien 

Oscar = Lampard

So Kante is always asked to sit. Matic goes where need and Oscar is the most attacking of the three and joins the attack as often as possible.

As far as I see it anyway.

No reason why Fabregas can't replace Oscar in that comparison, tbh... Will score goals and create goals and dictate play like Lampard did. Aside from the goals so much of Chelsea's play would go through Lampard.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, Kante Conte said:

No reason why Fabregas can't replace Oscar in that comparison, tbh... Will score goals and create goals and dictate play like Lampard did. Aside from the goals so much of Chelsea's play would go through Lampard.

 

In truth I'm not sure right now why Conte seems reluctant to play Fabregas, I've always thought Cesc covered a lot of ground so maybe it's a more technical thing like he doesn't think he presses well or his tackling is poor... who knows?

I do think that Fabregas is talented enough to play his way into the team though. I think he'll impress when he fills in and Conte will have to start playing him because he'll be impacting on our attacking play too much to be ignored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

So it turns out Conte has had a great week then in comparison to our former manager and his new team LOL

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10583902/jose-mourinho-referee-mistakes-and-defensive-errors-cost-man-utd

 

 

So it has started, it won't be long before he takes it to another level, only a couple of defeats more would do the trick.. glad, he's gone, never been the same in the quality department but the personality remains as strong or maybe stronger, well whatever, not our club's problem anymore... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

To be fair Lampard was a freak of nature and there aren't many midfielders who will be able to put contribute to goals as consistently as he did.

I think the numbers Oscar puts up are respectable but the main criticism is that he doesn't do it in the big games which is fair.

I agree lamps was freak of nature and he is impossible to replace.

 

I dont think oscar's numbers are even respectable to be honest, i also think that hes goes missing in a lot of games, not just in the games. 

If we are going to play 2 defensive minded players in the middle of the pitch, then 3rd needs to be a real goal threat imo, oscar is not that player. 

Would love fabregas to get a run in the side now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, big blue said:

I agree lamps was freak of nature and he is impossible to replace.

 

I dont think oscar's numbers are even respectable to be honest, i also think that hes goes missing in a lot of games, not just in the games. 

If we are going to play 2 defensive minded players in the middle of the pitch, then 3rd needs to be a real goal threat imo, oscar is not that player. 

Would love fabregas to get a run in the side now.

But if it's a goal threat you want then Oscar is the better pick than Fabregas.

Oscar's record for Chelsea is roughly a goal every 5 games and Fabregas a goal every 11.

Fabregas creates more but other than Costa and Hazard there's not enough of a goal threat.

Personally I would like to see them both starting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


No1 thing Conte has to work on... The one big this I cannot stand watching is players spray balls out to our wing, 10 yards behind the recipient. Kills forward momentum and when you are dealing with Bane, kills everything. Add that to non existent player movement ahead and supporting the ball carrier and we have nothing going forward. Next time you watch a Chelsea match see how many times a player has to check his forward run in order to receive a ball. Its infuriating to watch. Especially when we set up to counter like on Friday

Remedy, I cannot for the live of me fathom why Fabregas isn't in the team. He actually see's a pass, not just a blue shirt. HYe can play the quarter back initiating attacks and he is our best player at 10 for the intricate movement that unlocks defenses. Why when we have our best defensive midfielder since Makelele, and almost certainly the best in the league, are we trying to play Matic (a defensive midfielder) and Oscar (the most defensive 10 on the planet)? 

I can handle the front three. I could (nearly) handle our fullbacks IF we could do the SIMPLE things well. Unfortunately we cant.

What I'd like to see is Matic and Kante playing behind Fabregas. Fabregas playing similar to how he had to at Barce, free roaming, supporting the striker when required. He has the game intelligence to do this more than effectively than Oscar and you hide his physical attributes with Kante and Matic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • coco unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!